Thursday 25 November 2004

Give me sympathy pleaseeeee........

Hi everyone - hope your all ok?

Well I'm now on my 3rd day at work and I am feelin' ill!!    (Already - I'm on the lemsips!! - don't you just hate it when you get to the end of the mug when your drinking them? I do!!)

Let's rewind anyway coz I didn't come on line last night, otherwise I would've updated then, so I shall do it now instead lol

Yesterday

It wasn't so bad at work.  Walked there in the morning.  To get there I have to walk around the river and yesterday it was beautiful.  I only wished I'd had my camera on me to share it with you guys.  There was mist and a beautiful sunshine  it made walking an absolute joy :-) Anyway work wasn't too bad, I felt a bit better about it than Tuesday.  People were talking to me more and I was in a good mood anyway coz I was going out that night ;-)  So when I finished work my mate and her boyfriend drove me home and my mate stayed the night, coz we were going to see a band.

It was quite funny coz we had expected to pay to see this band, coz we'd read somewhere they were charging 2quid to people.  This annoyed us coz the last time they played in our area, we'd found out too late and it was FREE!!  So my mate reckons we should get there early, so the taxi drops us off at about 7.30pm.  We go in and there's hardly anybody there!  This pub is situated right next to the college so you can imagine what it's like very studenty!  So we get a drink and sit down.  By 8pm no band starts up but there's now someone sitting by the door.  We watch this person and anytime someone tried to come in this bloke was asking them for the money lol   Looks like my mate was right in getting there early, especially as the drinks weren't cheap grrr..........

The first band some support band called zubronic (I think!! The lead singer had pink hair,) came on at 9pm.  Thank god me and my mate were thinking coz by now the pub was filled and people had joined us at our table.  In fact you wouldn't even have thought that we were there before them!!  The support band were all right even though I couldn't really hear what the woman was singing!

Eventually at 10pm the Wire Daisies came on   They were really good (if you get a chance go and see them!)  I was dead impressed!!  Anyway their lead singer used to sing solo and about 5 years ago me and my mate saw her support Roger T.  We caught 7 of those shows and my mate was convinced she was gonna recognise us.  But I wasn't so sure, but when she went to say hello I went with her :-)  So my mate got her attention and said 'You don't remember us do you?' (she was laughing at the time or is it giggling nervously?)  and Treana (the singer) turned round and looked rather puzzled at my mate and said 'vaguely', then when she looked at me she felt a bit more positive.  (I still wasn't convinced) and she had a chat and gave us both a hug (awwww........)  Still it was a good night :-)

Today

Everything was okay at work even though I'm feelin' ill!  I didn't sleep much last night and then my cold gets worse during the day.  Tomorrow even though I've only been there 3 days my team is gonna be leaving me on my own tomorrow afternoon.  Thank heavens my phone is barred :-)  Also even though I've only been there 3 days (deja vu?) I've signed up for the xmas meal and secret santa.  Hey it'll be a good way to get to know my fellow colleagues!

Not much else has happened coz I've been trying to get up to speed with my emails and my fave message board!  Isn't it a pain when your not around for a while?  Anyway I've finished me lemsip so I better go to bed now.  Don't forget to wish me luck for tomorrow and give me sympathy.............

Take care everyone

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you luck!!

http://journals.aol.co.uk/sdrogerson/SpecimenDays/

Anonymous said...

Hope you get better soon, sending sympathy in waves from Bermondsey lol.  Watch the secret santa, who knows maybe it'll be Mr T (not the bloke from the A-team either)!
Gary

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

you want sympathy? Here's my webhug for you: [img]http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/liebe/knuddel01.gif[/img] (Don't kill me if the smiley doesn't work....

Sorry to hear you are having a bad cold and problems going online. But happy to know you feel better at your new job!

Anonymous said...

That is so annoying isn't it, especially when you've just started a new job. Hope you feel better very soon!