Saturday 2 September 2006

Are You Ready??

Hiya everyone :-)  Been shopping for my fancy dress costume today for Tuesday - I'm so behind telling you all this stuff - never mind I'm sure you can wait ;-)  Anyhoo onwards and back to June again this time the week of my birthday celebrations!!

FOO HIGH - FRIDAY 16th JUNE TO MONDAY 19th JUNE 2006
 
FRIDAY
 
The whole week had been pretty cool to be fair – Nothing much happened until the Wednesday when I celebrated my birthday.  I was at work on my own during the day (well there were other people in the office just not in my section.  Team Leader was off on study leave, P was on hols and K doesn’t work on Wednesdays), and most of the day just drifted by without too much happening until the afternoon.  I took a phone call from Main Reception telling me that an envelope had just been delivered with my name on it marked urgent did I want to go down and get it?  I said yes, told S where I was going and made my way down there.  When I get there the bloke at the desk said “I lied about the envelope it’s actually these” and passed a bunch of flowers in my direction.  I kept thinking to myself ‘OH MY GOD, who has done this?’ and managed to find the card to find out.  Trina and Wayne *rolls eyes* I should’ve known – so I had to walk back to the office carrying these things – so embarrassing!!  Then people in the office started making a fuss of them – so I moaned about my mate giving them to me (so grateful aren’t I??) and some said I should’ve said some bloke gave them to me J  damn it why didn’t I think of that lol…………. I threatened Trina that I would kill her with the said flowers lol…………
 
In the evening I went to the Hare and Hounds near Torquay for a lovely carvery.  I couldn’t have lamb so I settled for beef instead ~ yummy J  Forafters I had some raspberry thing – I think the name was foreign but it wasn’t a sponge I know that much lol…………  Anyway it was very nice too!!
 
Then at the weekend it was the gig that we’d been waiting for ~ well we had but I was fed up of listening to their albums by midweek lol………we’d all been listening trying to learn as many words as possible.  Friday morning I wake up, doing my usual routine when I get a text from Trina saying ‘can I ring you?’ She did so in a rather miserable tone.  She wanted to let me know that apparently Brian had said that Roger and he were turning up in Hyde Park the next day to play with the Foos.  We both knew this was going to happen which is why we had tried booking tickets to Hyde Park in the first place.  Anyway I tried to convince her that although we hate Brian for announcing it we weren’t going to the gig to see Brian and Roger, our main objective was to see the Foo Fighters and we were still going to achieve that!!  She knew I was right and stopped moaning about it.  I spent the rest of the day feelin’ very angry with Brian and especially when I stopped by his website at lunchtime.  I bet if we had been going he wouldn’t have said anything – git!!  At home time I caught a lift with Wayne and we had to go and wait for his car to be fixed.  Some ejit had driven into him and then drove off – I managed to find my foo’s albums and once the car was ready we loaded them in J  He only wanted to listen to one song over and over again and that was Monkey Wrench.  He claimed to know the whole of that bit in the middle.  I had the cd cover on me at the time and read the words as he was speaking them.  I ruined his life as what he thought it said it didn’t!!  When we got back to his, Trina asked if he was okay and his response was that he was now a shell of his former being – why?? Coz the words were different lol…………..bless him!!
 
After shopping we grabbed some fish and chips for tea and Wayne spent the rest of the evening on the computer.  Trina and I watched some TV and later had a drink in the garden listening to all the teenagers being very noisy and what sounded like a fight in progress.  Went to bed fairly early!!
 
So building up to the main attraction but don't wanna overload you too much - part two with photos coming soon xx
 
Best wishes

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     What a wonderful surprize to get the flowers at work!     Knowing that people care for you so much has to be fantastic.     I am sure the people at work were enjoying your gift of them.     I have been taking it easy with my back giving me fits.     Life can sure have its ups and downs.     I am glad I was able to visit your journal as I have not been on the computer but a little at a time and am missing a lot of my alerts.     Take care and best wishes!   mark

Anonymous said...

I'm really impressed with your memory skills, I can barely remember what happened last week! Belated happy birthday. B. x

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday :o)
Glad you had a good time.
Hugs,
Ains xxx

Anonymous said...

How do you manage to remember all that you did in June do you keep a written journal.  Flowers lovely.  Happy belated birthday.  Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

That was lovely of Trina to send the flowers to you! Hope you had a good birthday! I'm looking forward to seeing the pics. Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Oh happy belated birthday Jen ,wasnt that lovely of Trina to send you the flowers ,.,.,.,Jan xx