Wednesday 13 September 2006

Oh no...........(moving part 1)

Hi everyone - It is my duty to inform you that I think I have a dreaded lurgy!!  Yep that's right I've had a dodgy throat all day and feel very lifeless and energyless!!    Trina's got a cold so I reckon I caught it from her down the phone line lol.....  I'm trying to tell myself I'm not ill but it's not working!!  Let's hope I don't feel so bad tomorrow!!  Not that I'm doing anything specific ~ just don't wanna feel crappy again!!

So where've I got too??  Oh yeah, moving day!!  Enjoy xx

MOVING ON UP – FRIDAY JULY 7th AND SATURDAY JULY 8th 2006
 
Eventually after much hassles and stress the moving date had finally reached me!!  My packing was on course and I thought that Trina would be proud of me once she turned up and saw what I had done.  I met Wayne after work and we drove to mine.  Kept receiving text messages from Trina saying she was going to be late.  So we amused ourselves with the latest Lost Prophets cd.  This was the next gig we were going to, well after Killerton Rocks but that didn’t really count.  I phoned the agent to find out when I would be getting the key for the new flat and he said about 9.45am.

We went to collect Trina about
6pm and drove round to the fish and chip shop.  Wayne and I got some food and Trina rung for her Chinese.  Back at mine, Wayne and I ate whilst Trina kept moaning that her food wasn’t there and that she did really want it even though she wasn’t really hungry.  As my late birthday present had turned up ‘Queen/Paul Rodgers Super Live in Japan’ DVD we watched a bit of this.  Wayne wasn’t impressed so went out to the car for a fag and had taken the Lost Prophets new album and inlay cover to learn the words – bless him!!  The DVD was good, especially Roger singing I was born to love you J  *big huge smile* unfortunately it was showing in black and white on my DVD player – (note to self take it to Trina’s and see if it does the same!! *updated note:  no it doesn’t DVD is now Trina’s*) and the 2nd disc has Roger’s misses on it grrrrrrrrrrrr………..much shouting at the TV lol It was lovely to see Michelle though (bless her R.I.P) Eventually Trina’s Chinese turned up so she was happy.  After showing Trina some stuff on the Internet and getting Wayne back in (who was chuffed that he knew the whole of the first song on the Prophets album), we decided to make our way up to the Quay.  It was the start of the festival so they had a band playing and lots of activities going on.
 
There was a main stage where some kind of soul band was playing things such as Stevie Wonder tracks (they were quite good actually!!) and there were lots and lots of people milling around.  I had never seen the Quay so busy.  We listened to the band for a while and then decided we needed alcohol!!  Found a couple of bars but both had really large queues, but we wanted a drink so we had to wait.  It felt like we had been waiting forever by the time we got served.  To make it worth while we brought two drinks each lol……………
 
With drinks in hand we went and found a spot by the river to sit down and wait for the main attraction - the fireworks!!  The more Trina and I have to drink the funnier everything becomes so we were having a right laugh.  Wayne suffers with cluster headaches and unfortunately alcohol either effects the medication he takes or triggers off the headaches (I can’t remember) so he is unable to drink but thinks we are hysterical once we get going.  It’s a bit sad that it only takes us two drinks lol………….  Anyway whilst we were waiting another band came on stage some drumming type thing.  Wayne and I went to look and they were like African drummers and were pretty cool J  some bloke came over to where we were sitting and warned us about the flare that will go off once the fireworks start.  That caused some hilarity and it hadn’t even gone off yet.  Some young kids heard what this bloke had said and we suddenly found ourselves moved away from the flare altogether lol……..
 
The fireworks started up sometime after half ten.  There was a board in the middle of the river which they were shooting off from.  I saw the flares happen on the other side but not the one below us.  Never mind lol…..It was absolutely brilliant as it appeared to be set to music – I thought there would be a bloke setting them off but nope they must’ve been on a timer or something.  There was all sorts firing off down the river and up into the sky.  The songs that were played were Franz Ferdinand’s Take Me Out and Keane’s Bedshaped.  At the end there was lots firing off at once and sounded just like gun fire – it really was amazing, colourful and is much better to be seen than to be read about mainly as I can’t describe it well enough to do it justice!!  It was disappointing that it had finished but it had probably cost a small fortune to set that lot off lol………..
 
We decided to head back towards the food stalls and get ourselves a hot dog (well Wayne and myself anyway, Trina was still stuffed from her Chinese).  We made our way back to mine, rather slowly as there was much laughing and over use of Trina’s favourite joke ‘supplies’ (don’t ask!!)  The laughter continued even when we had got back and feeling very tired I did eventually go to bed.  My last night in the old flat!!
 
Well I shall leave you there xx for now - gotta get another earlyish night!!
 
Take care peeps xx
 
I love this sig - thanks to chocolate cherried creations ~ link is other there in the links section xx

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww Jen, hope you feel loads better soon :o(
Typing this at a distance, don't want to catch your lurgy!
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

The lurgy! I'm sitting at arms length! Hope you get to feel better soon. Nice of you to give the DVD to Trina! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Hubby has the lurgy this week too but has not come to anything bad yet......Hope you are better today. Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen,

I hope your lurgy gets better soon, I don`t want to tempt fate but I haven`t had anything for ages.  Let`s hope it stays that way...some hopes! :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better Jen!
http://journals.aol.co.uk/irisclyde/LaDolceVita

Anonymous said...

Oh Ihope you soon feel better ,.,.,.,Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen :-) (((((HUGS))))) you get well soon hon! Mart has been sniffing and sneezing, omg I hope he doesn't get it ~ it's always ten times worse when they have it......I think I'd rather have it lol, no not really :-) Your night at the quay sounded great! Those large firework displays are cool aren't they!! And only two drinks for you and Trina and your pie-eyed!!!! Shame on you Jennifer LOL ;-)
much love, get better soon!
Debbie ~xxxxxx~
http://journals.aol.co.uk/debbiewebb4465/TheLifeTimesofanEssexGirl