Tuesday 26 September 2006

Killerton Rocks part two

Hiya everyone :-)  Hope you all ok??

I'm alright - bit bored actually ~ don't know why but lately the internet's been boring me - Thank god for Stuart's new site with all the really cool games - was getting rather addicted to Black Jack last night lol....

Sorry having to pause as the song 'Oldest Swinger in Town' has just come on and it reminds me of my Grandad :'(  Memories............

I'm back :-)  Jeez songs are really starting to make me emotional - it's not good!!  I think I should change the tape and listen to something uplifting - mind you with a title 'you've got to laugh' you've got to worry about me really haven't you (jeez now I'm not making any sense!!  sorry peeps!)

I don't really have any news - Sunday I did nothing and I mean nothing - didn't even go for a walk like I usually would.  I didn't watch the Shining in the end, decided it wasn't a good idea to watch a horror on my own.  I think Trina and Wayne have got it so will have to borrow it and watch it at a time convenient to me ;-)  Note to Barry - can you tell me what you said you wouldn't in my comments section, Trina read your comment and she's seen the film and wants to know what you were going to say.............Thank you xx

Work is ok at the moment but we're into those weeks were no work is available :(  Yesterday I was there on my own and I think I coped pretty well.  Today it seemed I was doing a lot of work on one single case and not progressing with it grrrrr..........eventually got it sorted!!  Well we will have once we get some money *evil laughter*

So let's post part two of Killerton Rocks - hope you enjoy it and the photos xx

The next band on stage was a Madness tribute act called One Step Behind.  They were really good and lots of people came down to the front of the stage to dance along to them.  Clearly the more alcohol these people had the more their inhibitions died away.  Trina missed the beginning of the band’s set and Wayne moaned as he would rather have been in the thick of the crowd dancing away.  He said he felt self conscious where he was.  Eventually Trina came back with the drinks and we got her to stand by the barrier which was what she wanted.  Jess and her friends kept coming and going and when they did appear, Trina let them stand in front of her so that they could see.  The band were really good and I definitely recommend them to anyone J  I knew a lot more words than I thought I would, they played tunes such as One Step Beyond, Night boat to Cairo, Baggy Trousers, House of Fun, plus many more!!  They were quite funny too, the singer kept moaning coz it was too quiet in between songs and wanted us to start talking or something.  During one song the singer and the saxophone player chased each other round the stage.  It was really funny!!

Yet another break as they rearranged the band stuff on stage.  This time I refused to let Trina go and get more drinks so we listened to the tunes that were playing instead.  The DJ played ‘Alright Now’ which was so cool J  everyone was dancing around and people were looking at us which was quite amusing.  At some point my neighbour (previously mentioned on moving day), said hello, she told me she was waiting for the Queen Tribute act to come on.  It was a very strange event and more stranger to meet all these people!!

Eventually the Queen tribute act (The Great Pretender) came on.  I was dubious before as we had never seen them.  Basically Freddie was a rather large bloke in a ‘freddie costume’ and when he took off his jacket we wanted to shout ‘put it back on’ lol.  Brian was some lanky bloke with a curly wig, there was no John (which I couldn’t get over), and Roger was some fat bloke who looked nothing like Roger but was wearing sunglasses!  As soon as this bloke pretending to be Roger came on stage I said to Trina for a laugh…….’are you roger taylor?’  (don’t worry Roger fans will understand that one ;-)  Overall I didn’t think the band were that bad but Trina didn’t like the fact they did too many ay-oo’s.  They didn’t do the Wembley set list either which most tribute acts seem to do!!  They also did their own endings to most of the songs which I thought was kinda cool.  As the crowd down by the stage had grown considerably during their set, Trina had an argument (well the silent, pushing type of argument) with a woman next to her!!  This woman was literally standing on Trina to get nearer to the front.  Eventually she moved away and Trina could carry on enjoying herself!!  Even Wayne was getting into it, (he’s been put off Queen for life thanks to his misses!! Ha ha ha………)  The crowd around us were definitely what we call a ‘greatest hits crowd’, basically that means they all have either greatest hits or greatest hits 2 album in their collection ;-)  I can’t actually remember any of the songs they played but it was good.  Possibly not a band I would go and see again but worth seeing once!!  Go see One Step Behind if you want a band to go and see again, and again, and again J

When the band was finishing we could hear the fireworks but we couldn’t see them L  By the time they had left the stage the fireworks had finished altogether!!  We headed back to the car in the dark although I did take my bike light to act as a torch lol……….Trina stopped off at the port-a-loo’s and swore she saw someone we used to go to college with!!  Very bizarre evening!!

Made our way back to the car and I definitely trod in something *yuk*.  Once we were back in the car, we had to wait for ages for the queues to a) let us in and b) to get moving!!  It was a good evening and I think I would do it again!!  Any of you guys down here on holiday around that time next year (I think they hold it every year), make sure you get tickets J  The question was would Trina’s choice of the Lostprophets live up to expectation??

So the prophets write up will come shortly!!  But I'll leave you here for now - more events coming up next week woohoo :-)  Time off work lol I'll tell you about them later in the week ~ bye for now xx

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen, I really don't want to tell you as it will definitely spoil the end of the book for you. Let me know when you've read it and I'll tell you the difference between the book and the film. B. x

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen - another good entry, you convey the atmosphere so well!
Luv Jayne x

Anonymous said...

I ended up watching The Shining on my own, cos Brian fell asleep.  I did nudge him awake at the really scary bits though!
Sounds like you had a good weekend, even if the band was a bit dissappointing.  I love the way you tell it, makes it seem 'real' for us.
Hugs,
Ains xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen,  I had to enlarge the photos if only too see `fat Freddie` lol!  One Step Behind sound like fun, I used to love Madness and I`ve heard there are some excellent tribute bands around.  :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Ooh, would have LOVED the Madness tribute band, he he :o)
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

Sorry you got bored on Sunday we were much the same as the weather was awful. Been playing Stuarts games too I like Blocker. Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

Great pics Jen :-) Looks like a blast!! I used to love Madness :-) Don't blame you for not watching The Shining on your own lol.....you would've been scared!!!
Hugs Debbie ~xxxxx~
http://journals.aol.co.uk/debbiewebb4465/TheLifeTimesofanEssexGirl