Sunday 3 September 2006

Alerts and Part Two

Evenin' all - what's happened to the alerts??  I've logged in today and nothing in my inbox which is very odd!!  I hope this doesn't carry on!!  I thought nobody had read last night's entry but you have - bless ya xx  I have this week off from work which shall be nice :-)  Feeling v. relaxed right now lol......  In answer to those who think I have a good memory - most of what you read is written straight after the event - well I make copious notes and then elaborate a bit :-)  Glad your enjoying it though................Let's carry on................

SATURDAY
 
We got up fairly early on Saturday and after some brekkie it was just a case of wait around for Trina and Wayne to get ready.   I managed to amuse myself for a few mins as the Lost Prophets were on TV.  Around 11am we were in the car and on our way to Manchester (woohoo)!!  Not far along the M5 we hit traffic (not literally you’ll be glad to hear), and roadwork’s.  It was not amusing sitting in a sweltering car (whose air-conditioning doesn’t work), not going anywhere coz of the traffic etc but the loud music soothed me lol…..  We stopped once for some dinner and sat outside which was nice!!
 
As usual I can’t remember what time we got to Manchester but it wasn’t too late.  We found the Trafford Centre no problems but couldn’t find the hotel from Trina’s directions.  After a quick phone call to them we found out we were parked like so many meters away from it lol………So we drove round there and checked ourselves in.  We were staying at the Premier Travel Inn and I had a double room all to myself.  We went into our separate rooms and just stayed there for a while to chill out after such a hot drive.  We agreed to meet up to watch Doctor Who (Peter Kay was in that episode) and then go and get some food from the pub downstairs!!  Trina got fed up with watching the football so she came and took over my room instead, sprawling herself out on the bed and eating my cherry bakewell’s lol………….  To amuse ourselves from channel flipping we read the menu for the pub and decided what we were going to order.  Just before 7pm we went back into Trina and Wayne’s room to watch Dr Who.  It was a good episode and Peter was great J  (Mind you I’m slightly biased lol) Afterwards we all went downstairs for something to eat.  The pub wasn’t that busy so we managed to get a table by the window.  We were trying to work out whether we were actually sat below our rooms or not lol…………The food was nice, it was a Brewers Fayre pub and I had chicken tikka with rice, side order of chips, poppadum and an onion bahji.  I can’t remember what Trina had and Wayne had a steak (I think!!).  For afters Trina and I both had a Strawberry Sundae type thing.  I remember that as Trina got annoyed coz there was a strawberry at the bottom of the glass and she couldn’t get it out lol………….One thing I must mention is I had the Foo’s Breakout song stuck in my head and it was driving me insane!!  All I kept singing was the opening line over and over and over again…………..  (Trust me that will become apparent why I had to mention that lol)
 
After eating we went and sat in the smoking area for Wayne to have a fag and we were watching some people play one of the games.  It looked like fun, but whilst we were waiting for them to leave we were arguing with Trina about the picture on the wall.  It was of an ocean liner a bit like the Titanic and she couldn’t understand why I could see a part of the picture coz she thought the boat was in the way – trust meit was very funny!!  Eventually the couple moved away from the game machine so we went and had a go.  Wayne played the Crystal Maze, I had a go at a pop quiz and Trina tried the Crystal Maze too, and Monopoly I think we had a go on.  The whole thing was a complete and utter fix!!  We didn’t win anything and didn’t get anywhere…so feelin’ dejected and having finished our drinks we decided to wander over to the Trafford Centre, on the idea that there should be some entertainment there.  It wasn’t far to walk and once inside we marvelled at it.  The first section we came to was in the shape of a ship, there were a few bars, a cinema and food stalls open but there wasn’t much else.  So we just walked around for a while trying to figure out how you get to the tallest part ~ but with not much success!!  Feelin’ fairly tired, we went back to the hotel and to bed.
 
So that's all for now - the exciting part is coming trust me ;-)  Hope you all have a good week xx I'm off to check those journals that usually write something..............if you know what I mean lol
 
Best wishes xx
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe u should turn your alerts for u journal off then back on and see if it resets and starts working again nice photos also.

Anonymous said...

Yep there's definitely something wrong with the alerts Jen, and the links as well GRRR AOL they drive me up the wall!!! Loved your pics, the flowers you got for your birthday are lovely, aww bless :-) Looking forward to the next instalment :-)
hugs n love Debbie ~xxxxxx~
http://journals.aol.com/debbiewebb4465/TheLifeTimesofanEssexGirl

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a happy birthday!  The flowers were gorgeous....lucky thing!
I would LOVE to go to the Trafford centre one day, it looks amazing.....I'd be in heaven!
Wish these alerts would get sorted. :o(
Hugs,
Ains xxx