Tuesday 4 October 2005

Quick Entry

How are you all??  This is just a quickie to thank you all for the well wishes for my appraisal!!  I had it today at 11am.

I am very relieved to tell you it went really well My Team Leader had written out the form for me and we just talked about it - we were done by 11.20am so stayed in the room for a chat for 10 mins LOL......

She said that I am 'easy going' which was great to hear and she said that she was glad I choose to stay as she thinks the team work well.  Pauline had said something to me in the morning and as usual things had been taken in the wrong context so she had mentioned it to the TL to bring up.  Apparently she's always been like that and if you don't let it get to you then it's okay!!  She even knows she's doing it LOL........I said that I think it works both ways, coz a couple of times I've said things this week and Pauline's taken it the wrong way and as long as you take it like a pinch of salt or whatever then no harms done.

I have to say I felt really positive about it all when I came out.  Funny to think on Monday I was looking at the jobs bulletin.  Well the job is still annoyingly boring so I shall keep an eye out.  Besides when it went on about career in the appraisal form I said I don't have a clue.  I don't - I think maybe a year ago I had something in my head but not anymore!!  The only career I want I can't really have unless I knuckle down and do something about it.  Seeing as how I'm such a lazy person that ain't really gonna happen.  At the end of the day as long as I can pay the rent and eat then we're okay!  Oh and afford to see Queen shows :-)

Well I said this was gonna be a quick entry!!  My backs hurting (obviously doing far too much exercise!) and I have washing up to do, coz due to slackness it wasn't done earlier!!

Take care everyone xx

P.s Quiz tomorrow

Best wishes

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL at you saying you are lazy, but thats how i think i went in for nursing and thought i need to get the hard work in to get this and couldnt be bothered, the job i have and hubby has brings in the money and we have a comfortable life!!  Well done with the appraisal though :)

Jo xxx

Anonymous said...

Iam so pleased the appraisal went well,we always tend to get screwed up about them and end up,feeling more positive after wards,DONT FORGET THE QUIZ TOMORROW,you did say you might not remember it!!           Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Well done our Jen ;o)
It must feel good getting a positive appraisal like that, and having your boss comment on what a nice, easy going person you are.  Must make up for the boring, at least a little ;o)  
Looking forward to quiz!
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

I am glad it is all behind you and that it went well.

Anonymous said...

Jen, pleased it went well. If there is something else you really want to do you should go for it though, or at least look into it, it might turn out to not be the ideal job after all :)

Anonymous said...

Hello Jen,
Well done for surviving your appraisal. I had a job once where I had to have one and it was nerve-wrecking to say the least! The thing is, it was always the most inefficient lucky-to-still-be-in-their-job people giving the appraisals. The world of work can be so unfair, don't you think?

BTW thanks for stopping by!

Tilly x
http://journals.aol.co.uk/tillysweetchops/Adventuresofadesperatelyfathouse/

Anonymous said...

Knew it would go well Jen.  Easy going, yep I'd say that about you, a very friendly person.  Nice to be able to breathe when they're all over and done with though. Rache xx

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, the Queen shows are MOST important..lol!  Glad the appraisal went well for you. Better rest that poorly back. :-)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Good news about the appraisal!
I've never really known what I really want to be, except a writer of course!
Some things are hard to achieve, but maybe they're worth a try? If only it wasn't all such hard work......
http://journals.aol.co.uk/irisclyde/LaDolceVita

Anonymous said...

Glad your appraisal went well.  If they're done properly they should be positive experiences.  If there is something that you'd really rather do though you should seriously think about it.