Thursday 1 September 2005

Part two

Hi everyone - I didn't think I could be bothered to do another entry - but I appear to be proving myself wrong LOL........

PART TWO - TRINA AND WAYNES BIG DAY

Just to recap - we'd got to the church and she'd walked down the aisle and the first hymn had been sung.  I sat next to Trina's gran whom I had not seen for years, which was quite nice, but I was hoping Cat would be near me!!  She was two rows back - apparently Trina's mum had told her she couldn't sit near the front which does not surprise me!!  It annoyed me coz there was tons of room next to us.  Anyway the service went without a hitch - apart from Trina's dress catching when she had gone to sit down.  Bless her she didn't lose her cool at all, bless Wayne for going to help her and Jason was in hysterics!!  The vicar was great - quite the entertainer, trying to get us all involved!!

It didn't last for very long - or didn't seem to anyway!!  Next they had to sign the register.  They disappeared out of my view when they did that, but when I could see Trina again she was holding onto her stomach - lol - I started thinking 'she shouldn't do that people'll think she's preggers' LOL (she's not by the way!!)  It just looked funny!!  Then they left the church and it was outside for photos to be taken!!  I had instructed Cat to take some for my pressie to them, which she did bless her!!  Here are a few of what she took outside the church...............

 Bless...............

  Awww the happy couple........

 The beautiful bride (Jess is in the background)!!

 Awww don't they look lovely :-)

 One of my faves of the day :-)  That's me in case you hadn't worked that out LOL..........

The main photographer, Kathy, did a superb job outside the church.  The bells were sooooooooo loud, how she made herself heard over them was beyond me!!  Anyway with all photos taken at the church it was time to move onto the reception.  Cat and I got a lift with Debbie and Jason!!  As we were speeding towards the Motel we went passed Trina and Wayne in the car and tooted the horn at them - it was quite funny!!  We got to the Motel and was greeted with waiters/waitresses offering us alcohol.  Everyone gathered downstairs, whilst the bride and groom were outside having more photos taken.  Jess and I were dragged out there by Shirley who wanted to get a photo of us.  Kathy, soon took the opportunity of using us and got each of us to pose by this tree.  Sounds odd, but in Jess's case it worked!  She looked lovely peering round it like a little mischeivous child.

More mingling ensued after the photos whilst the bride and groom disappeared.  We were then informed 'the wedding breakfast' is served.  I have to admit having never been to a proper wedding I had never heard this before and was expecting a nice fry up but received a melon for starters, roast turkey and chocolate gateaux for dessert :-)  I was on the top table next to Trina's mum and Wayne's family.  Having never met Wayne's family I did find it odd that they were there, when it would have been better for Trina's family to be sitting there, coz I know them and they were at the other end of the room.  Apparently there had been a mix up!!  Not long after all this food the bride and groom got up and cut their cake and speeches followed.  Wayne bless him, didn't look up once, Jason, apparently didn't have a speech prepared, so I've been informed by Wayne who had to write him one LOL..........Trina's dad was sweet bless him!!  Never seen him so emotional LOL.......

We all disappeared downstairs again whilst they removed the tables.  Once they had we went back upstairs and my Uncle Chris started the disco.  Not many people danced!!   It was strange coz to get to the dance floor you had to walk up some steps to get there!!  Eventually he put some Queen on, Cat and I heard it, screamed, made our way to the dancefloor and called for Trina.  Everytime he played Queen, Free or Bad Company we did this LOL..........

Trina and Wayne did have a first dance, about halfway through the evening LOL.......Unfortunately coz the bloke who was supposed to be doing the disco was unwell, my uncle had taken over at the last minute so didn't have the songs Trina had requested - but he did have plenty of Queen, Free and Bad Company LOL........Instead of The One by U2 they danced to Beautiful by James Blunt :-)

  I'm not gonna say awwwwwwwwww again LOL..........

The evening was a blast, the disco was the best!!  We had Trina's Gran dancing to 'Alright Now' and managed to convince Trina's brother's girlfriend Emma to come to the next Queen gig :-)  It was fab to catch up with some old work colleagues who I'd not seen for years!!  It really was a fantastic evening!!  Here's one of my fave pics of the evening: 

From l to r - Cat, Trina, Me and Jess :-)

About midnight I had to say goodbye to my best mate and I wouldn't see her again for a week and two days - it was gonna be very strange!!  Cat and I went back to mine and watched a bit of Queen at Brixton before going to bed - we were absolutely knackered, it had been a long day but the adventures weren't over yet!!

More to come - stay tuned!!

Take care everyone

Jen xx

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm joining in with u Jen a very big awwwwwwwwwwwww.  Lovely photo's, make-up looks good on you, you all look fabulous.  I too would have thought a fry up, I'd probably wonder where the ketchup was lol.  Very pleased it all went well even with the few little hiccups.  Thanks for sharing it will us. xxRache  

Anonymous said...

Trina and Wayne look so in love :o)
Nice pic of you and Trina, all glammed up, you both look fab.
My Jelly boy loves that James Blunt song, Beautiful, so a big awww for that too!
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

The 2nd photo of the newlyweds in the small walk thru is brilliant.  The wedding was a complete success from your writing.   Take care, and best wishes to the happy couple.    Take care, and God bless,    mark

Anonymous said...

you all look gorgeous, I love the colour of your dress Jen, it really suits you........Jules xxxxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/

Anonymous said...

They look so happy and you look fantastic.

Gem xx

Anonymous said...

Dancing to you're beautiful by James Blunt...Noooo!!!
Queen on the dancefloor, hmm sounds like nirvana..No they were a heavy rock band from the 90's!  Help I'm getting confused!
One day Jen it'll be your wedding photos we'll all be looking at :)
Take care
G xx

Anonymous said...

More great photos! I haven't been to a wedding for ages, looks like you had a good time.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/irisclyde/LaDolceVita

Anonymous said...

Welcome back.
I discovered your journal while you were on holiday.
Sounds like you all had a terrific day.  Best wishes to the happy couple and to everybody else why not.   I like all the family/friends-haven't-seen-for-years stuff.  I've got a colossal extended family of cousins and assorted relatives and most of the marying was done years ago.  These days we only see each other if someone dies! (Just to brighten the mood! LOL).  I love the idea of a wedding fry-up.
Phil
http://jornals.aol.co.uk/scribbler1959/Whatever

Anonymous said...

Now that's what I call a wedding. You all looked beautiful in your gorgeous dresses and the groom was quite dishy too!
Tilly
http://journals.aol.co.uk/tillysweetchops/Adventuresofadesperatelyfathouse/