Sunday 11 September 2005

Rememberance!!

Hey everyone!!  Firstly thanks for the messages to the last entry........I think I should point out that the spider was not killed, Wayne took the folder outside and managed to let him go free!!  I expect he will find his way back in but I have removed all folders so he won't be living in them again!!  I was going to do another holiday entry today but I have decided instead to dedicate this entry to rememberance!!

  Firstly 9/11.  Has it really been 4 years??  It is beyond me how quickly those years have gone by but things get worse instead of better.    Let us remember those who lost their lives.  Not just in 9/11 but also in the bombings in London!!

 

I would also like to take this moment to talk to you about Michelle!!  It is hard to know where to start!!  I guess the beginning would be the best place.............Michelle, 19, went to nearly all the Queen gigs.  I met her in Newcastle, for the first time and spent hours in her company at every other gig in the UK.  As those of you who read my memories from those gigs will know those two weeks were certainly the best two weeks I had spent this year.  It wasn't just because of Roger, Brian and Paul but mainly because of the people I met, Michelle being one of them!  Trina and I spent a lot of time in her company and due to Trina's mothering instincts, offered her places to stay etc........

Unfortunately during my holiday in Torquay on Thursday 18th August 2005 I received a text message from Sarah, informing me that due to an accident at work, Michelle had passed away!!

I wasn't sure what to do or how to feel and it's not until now that I've been able to really write about it.  Of course I've left messages saying it's a shame coz one so young should not be taken from this world, but even now I don't really believe it!

Last night I wrote this on her tribute site.......www.michelle-rocks.net

Michelle,

I've sat here wondering what to write for ages, having spent so many hours, days with you on the tour!! I just don't have the words to tell you how much you will be missed. But I shall focus on the fun times, singing in a taxi at 5am on our way to the station in Birmingham, singing outside the gig in Birmingham, outside the same gig you jumping on me LOL, sharing hotel rooms etc............. You were really fun, mad (in a good entertaining way), and so full of spirit!! If anything you have taught me to live life to the full, and I know that you are up there having a ball with Freddie :-) Looks like you have made it to your paradise island after all.............

We miss you xx

I felt like crying when I wrote this because I was reminded of a conversation we had, had in Manchester waiting for the band by the gates.  So many memories came flooding back, those that I had written about and some I hadn't!!

She really has taught us all to live life for the now coz you really don't know what's going to happen next!!

Please take a few moments for Michelle!! 

 she's the one I have my arm around!!

Michelle - Taken from us too young!! 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

((((((( so sorry Jen ))))))) xxRache

Anonymous said...

its so hard to understand why

Anonymous said...

Oh Jen, I'm so sorry honey.
You're right though, she would have wanted you to remember her with a smile.
(((((((((( Y O U ))))))))))
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

Really sorry to hear of your friend {{{{}}}}

Anonymous said...

So sorry about your friend Michelle, I took a moment to think of her.  Remember all the good times and how happy she was in those photos.  Thank you for also remembering the victims of the London bombings.  I thought of them yesterday as well.

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about your friend :( I can't believe it's four years since the Twin Towers...still shocking

Su
xxx

Anonymous said...

it is so sad losing a friend, my thoughts are with you...........Jules xxxxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about your friend Michelle, she was so very young.

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.  I know how horribly sad it is when someone close to you dies with their whole lives ahead of them.  I remember a beautiful girl called Lena who was killed in a pointless accident when she was only 17.  This is nearly 30 years ago and it was the saddest thing I'd ever known.  But at her funeral the church was packed with bikers and head bangers who had known and loved her.  We all felt her loss but we were very very thankful to have known her.  Your friend Michelle willl always be a part if you.

Phil

Anonymous said...

So sorry about your friend Michelle. You've written a lovely tribute to her.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/irisclyde/LaDolceVita

Anonymous said...

That's a lovely moving tribute to Michelle, thanks for telling us about her. Such a dreadfully sad thing. I'm glad you shared some of your life, and some great times, with her. Without that, her own short life would have been a little less complete. Thinking of you.

David.