Thursday 15 September 2005

Back to Normality

'Ello you lot!!  How you all doing??    I had a feeling that nudist beach photo would appeal to your sense of humour - see I do know my readers ;-)  LOL.......

I thought for a change I'd do a normal entry and bring you up to date with what's going on in my life - nothing!!  There that's that done   Nah I'm only joking.......... The holiday bar-b-q can wait until the weekend when I have more time to write it!!

So let's see what is there to tell you - work !!  It's still the same ol' same ol' - we've had the latest batch of accounts.  What I haven't told you is they've split the alphabet again so our team only goes from A-H and the other team has I-Z !!  Not a fair split I hear you shout!!  Trust me I've been there thinking the same thing.  The reason they've done it coz my team leader only has 2 full time staff at the moment and the other team leader has 2 full time and 1 part time so someone thinks they can cope more than what we can!!  Jeez I've nearly been there for a year and our team has put up with more crap than the other ones and we've managed.  We have four week periods between bill runs and usually by the 2nd/3rd week we're scrabbling around trying to find work to do!!  I'm starting to rant about this now but it's just not fair!!  That sounds childish doesn't it LOL........Eventually when Karen comes back from maternity leave we'll probably get these flippin cases back *rolls eyes*  I seem to be working on slow mode at the moment, either that or just coz she's been there longer Pauline is in super mode!!  Not that I was counting but she's done more binders than me and with appraisals coming up that can't be a good thing!!  Oh well, I'm doing my best!!  I did get a bit of praise today.  Assessments usually ask us questions like are we appointee's etc, well I had asked Jez in assessments a question and he had one to ask me!!  I tapped the number into the system and I said 'sorry Jez that's one of their cases' pointing to the other team and he said in a low voice 'ohhhh but your nice and I don't like them!!'  I said, 'what even when I'm grouchy' he laughed and said 'yeah'!  Bless him.........been a bit grouchy in the morning you see (not a morning person me!!) and he'd put a call through and I'd groaned at him LOL..  Next time he did it I was super nice (LOL sarcastic jen!)

Anyhoo so that's work!!  A while ago mum had texted to say she was coming down for the day and could I get the day off work.  I had said no, at the time team leader was off and at such short notice there was no way!!  Perhaps in my old job but not this one!!  I was angry with her for a while - she must learn to give me more notice.  I was sat in work looking out at the lovely day thinking of her and Meggy in town and it wasn't on!!  Anyway I finally decided to ring her this week and try to organise to see her.  Can't do it this weekend they're going to a circus!!  Told her to give me more notice next time :-)

Then she told me she had bad news about my nan and grandad - I was thinking oh no what is she gonna tell me!!  I knew Nan had taken another tumble so I was dreading this!!  She said 'they have to go into a home.'  I breathed a sigh of relief!!   At the end of the day it would be much better for them, than where they are.  Grandad is losing it and Nan keeps falling down.  I was thinking the other day, that I hope they manage to stay together - bless 'em!!

I mentioned to mum about my idea for my 30th birthday too.  It will be Megan's 10th the same year so I've suggested that we go to Euro Disney.  I know mum wouldn't go to Florida so that was my suggestion.  She sounded up for it, which is great coz I wasn't sure whether she would be or not!!

Queen - Last night they showed about an hour of their DVD at a some place in London.  Guess who couldn't afford it?  Yep yours truely!!  Never mind, I swear to myself that the next event where they turn up I will be coz that's two I've missed now!!  They appeared at WWRY again with Ben this time.  All my mates are going and I do wish I could have gone just to see them again!!  Still never mind.............There's a meet up in November and Trina and I are going to that so that will be fun :-)  Going to see We Will Rock You with a bunch of mad dedicated fans - should be a good laugh!!

On the subject of Queen, here's a fact for you!!  It is ELEVEN years to the day that I first saw Roger Taylor live.  It was at the Shepherds Bush Empire in London and it was my first EVER live gig.  Trina and I managed to get about 4 rows from the front.  The support act came on and I started feeling unwell, so we moved out of the crowd and went and stood on the steps where we had a better view - why did we do that??  Once on the steps I realised my penpal was standing behind me and I hadn't known she was gonna be there - how strange was that!!  Roger came out on stage and started singing songs from his album Happiness? and some Queen hits.  By about the 3rd song in I had got too excited and started hyperventilating LOL.........For the rest of the show we ended up standing near the toilets.  All I could see was from his waist down!!  It was a good gig and I proved I was a better fan than this silly woman in front of us LOL..........;-)  Sorry reminiscing!!  Always will stay in my mind that gig.............

Anyhoo I think I've bored you enough and I have some washing up to do - see I'm living the high life  Oi you lot stop laughing ;-)

Take care everyone

Best wishes

 xx (thanks sara xx)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shame about your Nan and Grandad Jen, it is safer when there's no other way round it.  Enjoy the circus. xxRache

Anonymous said...

Great entry!

Anonymous said...

Sad about your Nan and Grandad. Your family must be sure that they stay together, it is awful when a couple are separated after many many years.

Anonymous said...

I'm sue our Nan and Grandad will be ok, it will be a big upheavel but at least they should get looked after.

Anonymous said...

Do you mean a residential home or sheltered accomadation?Either way it will be worthit for your peace off mind I,too am a queen fan, love their music,   Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Only 30???You young chicken you!!

Su
xxx

Anonymous said...

I see you have one of Sara`s bouncy tags. I used my new one today too.  I want to go and see We Will Rock You, actually have been meaning to since it started!...lol! :-)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

I like the look of your desk, it looks like it could be as fun as mums to play on............love felix :)
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/

Anonymous said...

(You're welcome xx)
I love that first smiley you used today, I watched it for ages, made me grin!!
Sara   x