Tuesday 13 September 2005

Last of the holiday entries

Hi - how are you all??  Thank you for your kind comments to the last entry!!  I shall finish off telling you about my hols in this entry - but I am in agony right now with my legs!!  Yesterday trying to be the good girl that I am decided to do some exercises.  Obviously worked some muscles I didn't even know I had coz my legs don't like standing up, sitting down, walking etc.............Why did it have to happen to the legs??  Why not the arms........LOL............Just thought I'd moan - sorry!!

Onwards....................(it would appear that photobucket is not working this evening so if you can't see the photos come back tomorrow :-)

As you know I'd been to bygones and shown you the view photos.  After looking at the view for a while I decided to visit the model village in Babbacombe.  http://www.babbacombemodelvillage.co.uk/   I'd been there a few years ago and I wanted to see if anything had changed.  Plus I like it anyway - could see myself working in a place like that LOL......So you get in there and there's a new circus bit which was great and then you walk around outside.  It was huge!!  Here's some photos that appealed to my sense of humour ;-)

The nudist beach LOL.........

Streakers running across Wombley stadium LOL............(there's a theme here I'm sure there is LOL)

There was another new section (well I say new, it wasn't there last time I went!) which had famous characters from the movies and TV. 

Like the muppet band!!  Further down from this was a section of all different times in history and my fave has to be the medieval one!!  There was a sign saying someone had tampered with it and put lots of modern day stuff in the display could you spot it?  There was an HSBC cash point, plus lots of other stuff.  Then I came across this and laughed out loud.  Took a photo of it coz this really does appeal to my humour :-)

 LOL isn't that funny.........

Here's some photos of the village and me just to prove I was there :-)

That's the main high street bit and it has moving vehicles along there now!

 Me and the main bit in the background - bit dark that!!

 More of the park and me :-)  That's better isn't it?

I finally managed to find the couple getting married - I remembered there was one and vowed to get a pic for Trina :-)  They'd moved them to the other side of the village and it was a lot easier to spot them this time!!

 Look there's Wayne and Trina LOL.............and here's their car!!

 Trina's car was better LOL..........

When I finished walking round there I decided it was too nice a day to go back home so I went down to the beach!!  I was annoyed with myself for not taking a towel, I had not been paddling on this holiday and I had been determined to do so!!  The walk down to the beach was down a steep hill but I was not going to walk back up it!!  The cliff railway closed at 5ish so that gave me plenty of time!!  The beach was packed with people.  I got myself some chips and sat on the steps and ate them.  Then I read some of my book!!  Just to prove I had been to the beach I decided to take another pic of myself there :-)  So I walked along the beach and found a good spot..............

 Doesn't the water look lovely??

I was starting to panic about not catching the cliff railway in time so swallowed my nerves (hate heights!!) and walked back up the beach.  As I was about to climb the steps a lady asked me to help her off the beach with a buggy which I obliged!!  Made my way to the railway, paid and got on!!  Me and a couple, and the conductor said we could go!!  I was fine, until about halfway up.  The lady of the couple was so thrilled to be going on it, she wouldn't sit down LOL........The bloke told me they had broken down the previous day about halfway up.  Don't need to hear that!!

  Look how far up it was...........arrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhh............Trina told me they work by water!!  Amazing!!

So that was my fulfilling day out!!  Monday I stayed in coz Cat had sent her photos and they were due either Monday or Tuesday around 1ish!!  So I watched Gangs of New York - that's good that is!!  In the end the photos didn't turn up!!  I had managed to sort out a pressie for Wayne and Trina though.  I put some of the photos from the camera's on the tables into multi frames and hung them up :-)

Around 3/4pm on the Tuesday the newlyweds came home!!  It was so nice to see them again.  I sat through their photos (mainly wilderbeasts but that's another story LOL) and they'd brought me a statue of an elephant and her baby!!  It's a wooden carved one and it's lovely!!  They loved what I had done with the photos, which I was relieved about :-)

After Trina telling me Wayne was too tired to drive me home, I got into the car around 7/8ish expecting to be driven to the station, but no, he took me all the way home, bless him!!

So that was it - holiday was over and I was back to work the next day - but I still had Trina's bank holiday bar-b-q to look forward too..........

And you'll hear about that in the next entry!!  That's enough from me for now - I'm tired and wanna watch a bit of the DVD I was gonna watch last night but didn't coz I started watching Jack Dee instead LOL......

Take care peeps

c/o Sara - thanks hun

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouchie!  Hope your legs feel better soon hon :o)
I love the pics of the model village, fancy there being a nudist beach, and streakers, lol!!  No wonder you want to work there!
Also liking the way you pop in at the side of your pics to grin at us :o) :o)
Glad the newleyweds had a good honeymoon, the wooden elephants sound really nice.
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

OMG! The Muppet band!! LOL! Animal is my favourite!!! WOMAN!!WOMAN!!!

Su
xxx

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures, I really enjoyed them.  Reminds me of the model village on the Isle Of Wight, can't quite remember the name of the place now but they certainly did not have nudists or streakers lolol.  Really tickled my sense of humour.  Your elephants sound lovely.

Anonymous said...

How cool is that model village, the nudist beach made me laugh. It really does look like you had a great time.

Shermeen
http://journals.aol.co.uk/shermeen0621/PublicThoughts/

Anonymous said...

Look at that cable car.... that is HIGH...lol!  The water looks really nice and clean and the model village is lovely, not like the ones I`ve seen more recently that have looked rather tatty. :-)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Jen they're great.........can't get over the nudist beach lolol.  Have passed Babbacome on my travels and never stopped in, I will now.  Sorry you've got an ouch! I find muscles quite often that I didn't know I had, it's very painful I know.  Hope it gets better soon and thanks so much for posting those pictures, given me a smile you have. xxRache

Anonymous said...

brill pics, especially the nudist beach, lol..............Jules xxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/

Anonymous said...

  Jen,....Iam so sorry ,you often comment on my journal, I suddenly realised I, couldnt place you so........went and found you , what a treat,Iwont miss you again you are on my alerts, Great journal, love your sense of humour, Jan xx

Anonymous said...

The nudist beach shot has quite the Tracey Island look about it, don't you think? I was trying to pick out Virgil and Brains!
Tilly
http://journals.aol.co.uk/tillysweetchops/Adventuresofadesperatelyfathouse/

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the photos. You really made the most of the time and got around to seeing lots! Time to plan the next holiday..........
http://journals.aol.co.uk/irisclyde/LaDolceVita