Sunday 26 June 2005

Weekend Catch-up!!

Hiya everyone :-)  Thanks for the comments on the one word thingy!!  It was interesting to see what you think of me, even if I did have to look up some of the words *embarrassed look*

So since I last wrote of course we had that god awful storm.  It woke me up at 4.15am!!  I didn't think it was gonna thunder coz AOL's weather didn't give it and neither did the BBC website.......Anyway my heart started racing and wouldn't calm down.  I felt in desperate need of someone to hug.  :-(  I eventually fell back to sleep, only to wake again at 6.30am (1/2 an hour till the alarm) and the thunder was still going.  I couldn't believe it so I started panicking about how to get to work!!  Got up after the alarm went off, did the usual making breakfast etc, and stood there watching some of the lightning - the bit I saw was white and had a purple outside edge to it - really weird!!  I decided I was gonna have to bus it, but that meant walking to the bus stop in the rain and thunder etc........I didn't wanna put my umbrella up (just in case you understand LOL.......) I was being silly coz it doesn't have one of those metal pointy bits on it so I probably would've been fine.  Everytime the lightening went I freaked out inside....I willed for the bus to turn up.  I eventually got to work by 9.15am, (when I walk I'm there by 8.45am), and I told everyone that I wouldn't be much use coz I was awake at 4.15.  The replies were no we won't be much use either coz we've been awake since 4am etc........

I watched the local news when I got home, and they showed a house which had been struck.  It made me wonder why did it strike that house.  The one next to it was exactly the same so why that one?? Nature works in strange ways indeed!!  Anyway then they showed this clip of lightening striking in a village and they slowed the clip down and the exact moment when the lightening struck it looked like it was the middle of the day!!  It was quite amazing.........Honestly I've never known a storm to last that long.  An hour maybe but 4/5 hours??!!  No more please.........

My flat was ok, no flooding!!  But it did affect the toilet again (I think I may have mentioned this in a very early entry to my journal) so I couldn't use it!!  Thank goodness it was a work day ;-)

Anyway yesterday I went to see Mum and Meggie.  We went up town to do some shopping.  I managed to get 3 videos and 2 books for under a tenner *shock look* bargins :-)  When we went back to mum's I showed her the pics of me and Trina from our dressing fitting so she could see the dresses.  She thought I looked different and Trina's looked lovely.  I showed her the pics of all me new mates from the tour, and then I decided to show her the entry I did on Mothers Day which I dedicated to her.......As she read it I swear tears welled up in her eyes.  I was touched and I have a feeling she was too........bless!!

In that entry I mentioned it was the little things that she does which makes me smile more than anything and she surprised me with another yesterday.  On a previous visit I had mentioned wanting to watch Van Helsing, well she asked me if I had got it, when I said no, she said good, coz she'd seen it going cheap and brought it for me :-)  How cool is that!!  I've told her that i wanna watch White Noise now LOL........Mind you as usual I've come home from mum's with loadsa DVDs and books borrowed from her, don't think I can say I'm bored for a while ;-)

Megan was cool, gave me a piccie she'd done at school, bless her!! She then told me and showed me what she's doing in the school play.  Apparently she's dumped her boyfriend LOL.......When I left Mum's I glanced at the mobile and I had a missed call and a text.  Greg had called.  I sent him a text to find out why, but I knew it!!  The one time I'm not home, he's made his way into town and was ringing to see if I wanted to meet up grrrrr............how typical is that?  The text was from my old work colleague Jackie, apparently she's trying to arrange a meet up for wednesday.  To be honest I'm not entirely sure I wanna go!!  If I knew who else was going I could make an informed decision but she couldn't tell me...........I shall ponder on it for the next couple of days.

Today I cleaned the flat and tidyied up!!  It looks a lot better lets hope it stays this way..........which it won't coz when your working you dump things down and use the weekends to clean up the dumped stuff!!  Well I do anyway..............Then I watched some TV (I can't believe the OC creator is my age! Mind you so's half of Coldplay!!)  and then I went for a walk.  It was a lovely afternoon so I sat and watched the people go past.  I missed one bloke falling off his bike.  By the time I realised what he'd done he was already off and on the ground LOL......I had my walkman on!!  Saw Claire from work and her bloke!!  And that's about it..................

I'm videoing the film on Channel four 'From Hell' I can't possibly watch it, coz it'll give me nightmares probably........I watched Coldplay at Glastonbury last night - they were very good and I'm lovin' the next single!  (Damn that stupid frog for having another ringtone!!  WELL DONE TUPAC FOR KNOCKING IT OFF THE NUMBER 1 SPOT :-)

OH MY GOD!!  It was two weeks from Friday to the Hyde Park gig!!  I haven't made my banner, got the t-shirts printed or anything!!  Grrr......I am THE most unorganised person!!

Well I'm gonna go now - think I've gone on enough (arrrrggghhh razorlight's on the stereo, this song is growing on me!!)

Take care everyone - have a good week :-)

Jen xx

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate storms as well, I am a wreck even with Mike here.  I always worry about lightning strikes and the dogs go frantic which winds me up even more!  They are spectacular and some people love them and watching them.  Me, I would sooner be under the bed!  Glad you got those bargains.  I want to get Van Helsing so please tell me if it is any good and then I will not waste money.  I have From Hell and have watched it many times.  Great pic even though they do take some liberties with the character played by the lovely Johnny!

Anonymous said...

Storm sounds frightening! My son J has tickest for Live Aid!
http://journals.aol.co.uk/irisclyde/LaDolceVita

Anonymous said...

I expected to watch that film but things were far from quiet as I had hoped and ended up watching stuff we had on the PVR from earlier in the night!
http://journals.aol.co.uk/sdrogerson/SpecimenDays/

Anonymous said...

Just came across your journal - nice to find a fellow Queen fan (although they are legion!). I like all the usual suspects but Barcelona with that Monserat Cabaliaeah (!) woman really gets the goosebumps going!
Tilly
http://journals.aol.co.uk/tillysweetchops/Adventuresofadesperatelyfathouse/

Anonymous said...

From Hell, that's a Johnny film I believe and Van Helsing, Hugh and Johnny, you lucky thing! Sounds like you had a good weekend apart from the storm!

Su
x

Anonymous said...

I`m not too bad with storms actually.  They DO scare like them but they  fascinate me too.....I think it`s the `wild nature` thingy!  I do know though that they terrify some people and it`s quite understandable.  I did like Van Helsing as it`s not too scary and I hate horror films, like you, they give me nightmares!  :-0

Sandra xxx

Anonymous said...

I love watching storms, they are cool.............Jules xxxxxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I saw 'White Noise' last night.  Might need your pillow for that one Jen, good film though :o)
That storm sounds horrendous.  I don't mind the little ones every now and then, but thunder and lightening lasting for hours would have me hiding under the bed I think!!
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I saw 'White Noise' last night.  Might need your pillow for that one Jen, good film though :o)
That storm sounds horrendous.  I don't mind the little ones every now and then, but thunder and lightening lasting for hours would have me hiding under the bed I think!!
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

I wonder why lots of rain stops your loo working! Something very strange there, lol. But you've got a wonderful mum by the sound of her.

David.