Tuesday 14 June 2005

Catch up

Hi Everyone - Firstly I'd like you all to join me in a sing-song (it's alright you all know this one ;-)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEEEEEE, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEEEEEE, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MEEEEEEEEEEE, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEEEEEEEEEE...............don't forget to change me to Jen :-)

      

 

Yep tis my birthday today!!  Another year closer to 30!!  LOL..........Oh well never mind!!  So what have I been up to I hear you asking.............

Saturday I went and had my hair cut and made my way down to Paignton by train.   I love going to Torquay and Paignton by train, that part of the line is so pretty all along by the coast.  I definitely reccommend it to you guys!  Got there about 12.30pm, went into the loos (part of the trip definitely not reccommend yuk @ public loos), and changed my 'peace' top to a Roger Taylor electric fire top, has his face on it :-)  Met up with Wayne and Trina as I was gonna stay with them for the weekend.  We went into a few shops and started buying a t-shirt each.  Wayne and I got printed ones, but Trina wanted one of the ones which had Freddie on, which was in a different shop.  Wayne got an Iron Maiden one and I finally got my skull and cross bones t-shirt.  (Don't ask me why, but I've always wanted one!)

We went back into the previous shop to get Trina the Freddie top and some strange girl looked at me and asked where I'd got my t-shirt from.  I was like 'the one I'm wearing' she said, 'yeah'.  I couldn't exactly remember but Trina filled in the blank and we told her we'd got it from the electric fire tour, several years ago.  She explained that she is apparently a fan and followed us into the shop coz she was sure I was wearing a Roger Taylor t-shirt.  Weird!!  Also kinda freaky, not long before this Trina and I had a conversation about how she was proud of me wearing a Queen t-shirt in public.  Don't ask me why, it's just something I don't do!  I had said to Trina 'I don't mind wearing Roger t-shirts nobody ever recognises him.' LOL.............

We made our way to the beach to get some chips :-) As we walked past quite a few people this little kid shouted out Roger's name - dear lord LOL..........Then when we were queued up getting chips I swear this bloke was saying something to his wife about my shirt!!  Ah well........

We sat on the beach and ate our chips surrounded by seagulls, (I do not like those birds!) and Wayne started building mini sandcastles (see pic 6!!)  After food we decided to go to the arcade on the pier, probably a bad idea coz we ended us spending quite a bit of money.  Then we went to play crazy golf.  It wasn't fair coz Trina and Wayne had played this course tons of times, I'd played it once a year ago!!  Roughly around the same time of year ;-)  Halfway round the course I quit and tried to keep score for them two!  We headed back to the beach afterwards and brought a frisbee, which I was also not very good at!!  :-(  So we went back to the arcade and spent more money!!

Later we had a bar-b-q at their house and that was quite nice although it had gone cold.  The cats were a laugh though coz they kept trying to get the food.  We stayed up till quite late watching casualty, BB6 and a video of 'whose line is it anyway?'

Next day we had to get up early as we had to be in Exeter before 10am.  After a brief stop at my place so Trina can use my washing machine :-) we made our way to 'Race world'.  My idea for my birthday was to go go-karting.  So Trina went ahead and booked it, but they had rung up during the week and said sorry you can't do it Saturday would you like to come on Sunday at 10am instead.  Initially my thought was noooooooooooooooooooooooooo not my sunday lie-in!!  But going to the beach, staying at Trina's won me over and we were there by 10am.  I don't know why but I've always wanted to have a go at go-karting so that's why we were there!!

The bloke made us sign a form basically for insurance.  It was saying things like oh you could get badly injured but never mind........lol.......then we had to put the overalls on.  Lovely and not at all flattering (hope you can hint my sarcasm in this!)  We waited for ages as more people were turning up.  Trina and I were not amused as group after group of blokes turned up.  Luckily there was one other girl........it freaked me out at one point as a group of blokes turned up all in their own black overalls and carrying their own helmets.  Something told me they'd done this before, surely first timers should be grouped together.  No such luck!

Sometime after 10am the bloke gave us all a talk about the karts and the flags and what they meant, then we all walked round the track.  From that moment on we were known by numbers and everytime they called our number it meant it was our turn to get kitted up and get out on the track.  There was 20 heats, a semi-final and a final.  Arrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!  First we got the warm up laps.  My number along with Trina and Waynes was called, yet there was a mix-up and some bloke thought he was number 2.  He checked the chart and he wasn't, but by this point someone else had gone out as my number.  Marvellous I thought!!  So I went and had a word with the bloke at the desk, 'someone's gone out on my number and I have no idea what number they were so I don't know when to go.'  He was very nice about it and sorted it out for me.

I did enjoy it to a point!!  In the end I came last on every race I went on and it just felt a big disappointment to me.  Plus my arm started hurting just from the steering wheel.  Naturally I didn't make the finals, neither did Trina or the other girl.  Trina did manage to come 3rd in one of her races, but only coz one of the blokes made a mistake and couldn't get past her.  The other girl won one of her races, which I felt proud of her, but it just piled the stress on!!  Wayne won one of his races too.........bless him, he was well chuffed!  I'm glad I did it coz at least I can strike it off my list of things to do.........I kinda wanna go back though coz the guy who sorted out my number problem, had THE most gorgeous blue eyes I have EVER seen, and a nice smile, but rough guess at his age must be between 18 - 20.  A bit young unfortunately and I shall probably never see him again!!

On the way home we came across a car boot sale and stopped to take a look around.  It was HUGE!!  Trina brought me a stuffed elephant coz I mentioned that he was cute :-)  Bless her!!  I hadn't taken my wallet with me so I didn't buy anything.  After a drink, burger and a walk round we left and they dropped me off at home, collected their washing and went home.

I actually felt depressed when they left coz I was on my own and it felt lonely - or is that too obvious!  As much as I like this independance thing I do miss companianship (not spelt right lol)!!

Yesterday I didn't do anything except housework and making banners on my birthday pressie Paint shop pro 7 :-) Yes I did get it early and it wasn't wrapped LOL...........I'm getting addicted to making banners but I should learn what else it does!!

Today I went to Exmouth, but it was quite cloudy so I didn't go paddling but I did manage to fulfill my day of what I wanted to do which was go to the beach and have fish and chips :-)  Doesn't take much to fulfill my day lol................I came home and did some shopping and found a new Queen t-shirt (yay) and a new St Etienne album (yay)!!  Back to work tomorrow which I'm not looking forward to, especially as I have an interview on Thursday.

I'd be grateful if you could think of some interview type questions so I can practice :-)  Leave me some in your comments...........thanks peeps!!

Well that's all up to date and all before BB!!

Anyway take care everyone

  JEN xx

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jen xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! Yet another Gemini, we will rule the world! I would love to live in your part of the country.....well, if I can't live in Cornwall!
http://journals.aol.co.uk/irisclyde/LaDolceVita

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jen!!!!!!!
Shall I sing?
I think so!
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday too yoou
Happy Biiiirthdaaay dear Jeeeeen
Happy Birthday tooo yoooouuu ;o)
Sounds like a great weekend.  Go carting?  Why not!  It might of been more fun if it was all beginners, as you said, but glad you enjoyed it anyway.  
Fish and chips at the beach would make my day too, you lucky thing!
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

Happy happy birthday Jen what a full day you had.  Great part of the world to cellebrate in.~xxR

Anonymous said...

(smiles) hey, happy birthday sweetie, i'm counting down to mine next week. i like your journal, will be sure to come back often.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/shermeen0621/PublicThoughts/

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday Jennnn!  :-)   I love Torbay..the whole area is really pretty. I haven`t been there since I was 19 and I expect it`s changed but we had a fantastic time there.  I hope you have a wonderful day.  :-)

Sandra xxx

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Jen! Interview questions - What can you contribute to this job, and how would you make a difference? What would you say is your strongest quality? And your weakest quality? Where do you see yourself in 5 years time, do you have ambitions for future promotion within the company? What hobbies or interests do you enjoy in your spare time? Do you have any plans to start a family in the near future? How many days off sick have you had in the last 12 months? What additional technical skills/qualifications would you like to achieve?

Blah, blah, blah... zzzzzzzzzz! Sorry - couldn't resist it! All the best of luck with the interview anyway!

David.