Tuesday 21 June 2005

Snakesssssssssssss

Evenin' all - hope your all ok!!

I was gonna do an entry yesterday but by the time I read all my alerts and caught up on various sites I didn't have time!!  Still trying to stick to my getting into bed early regime (can't spell lol......) and I'm doing pretty well!!  At least on Monday at work I didn't start yawning till 4.00pm :-)

Was busy yesterday at work and today!!  Working through the accounts, answering the phone, getting annoyed with my typing (and that's not just at work lol.......)  Today I decided to wear my open toed shoes, not a big fan of them and I feel even worse about them now!!  They caused my little toe to have a sort off blister and rubbed the tops of my feet so they have marks all over them!!  To try and stop the rubbing I stuck some tissue in the shoes.  That must've made people laugh to see white tissue sticking out from beneath my trousers LOL..............Well what's a girl to do when she's in pain!!

I haven't decided what to do about the gym.  For convenience sake it would be good to join the one I used to go to but as it's not really a gym it makes me wonder.  Also because of this self confidence thing I wondered if I should join a proper one and meet new people.  That's not really gonna help the confidence or maybe it will.........I don't know!!  I think what I need to do is go to them and find out how much they are before I make a decision.  There is one close to home but I think all my work colleagues go there and I don't really wanna bump into them!!  There is one a bit further along so if I try both I can make an informed decision can't I??

Yesterday when I got home from work I decided to go for a bike ride to make the most of the sun and the fact I didn't go out on Sunday.  Went all the way towards St David's (not quite as far but still......) and all the way back again taking a detour towards Double Locks and beyond.  I get past Double Locks and round a corner and I think 'that's a piece of grass'  then I think 'that's not grass that's moving'  - it was only a snake...................*shock* A snake??  I started shivering after that I didn't know they lived round here!!  I'm shivering now just thinking about it LOL..............I just thought at the time I have to tell my journal buddies :-)  See how I think of you guys!!

Tonight for exercise I've tried to follow a video I got from mum.......I reckon you would've laughed if you'd seen me trying to follow it :-)  Still if I try and keep at it I should have it mastered by xmas LOL.......

I know a lot of you are Dr Who fans but what's with the countdown to xmas!!  I mean it's nearly as bad as shops who put xmas cards out now or something............Do we really have to put up with that advert until then??

BB6 - so what's your opinions?  I think Maxwell will kill Vanessa when he realises that she should've done that task.  Silly girl didn't even go in the room..........what a wimp!!  I should be watching it now but I watch the first half in the morning when I'm eating my breakfast......oh such a fulfilling life I lead LOL.............

Queen are on Radio 2 tomorrow around 5ish.  Unfortunately I won't be home to hear it coz I shall be coming home from work around that time............Just thought I'd let you know in case you feel like listening to it.  ;-)

Well don't know what else to blabber on about................

Till next time - take care peeps xx

P.s still have my cough - damn thing!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonder whether it was an adder or a grass snake.  The hot weather brings them out.  Pity we could not see a piccie of you doing the video lol xxx

Anonymous said...


Could have been a slow worm -
Never seen a grass snake though as we don't have them in Scotland nor are they found in Ireland
see email

Anonymous said...

Just wear some socks - that ought to stop the rubs on your toes. Do you really need to use a gym - or do you just want to get a bit fitter? A good fast bike ride every day will get you fit - and costs nothing! 20-30 minutes jogging every day will get you fit - and costs you nothing! Step-ups, sit-ups, and running on the spot twice a day gets you fit - makes your legs more shapely - and costs nothing! The gym? Gyms are okay if you like spending loads of dosh as a poseur - or you just want to pull!

David (being a cynical old crab today!)

Anonymous said...

Those exercise video's are hysterical aren't they!!
At least the old Rosemary Connelly one I used to have was, my friend and I used to do some of the moves while out clubbing, which we thought was highly amusing, though others must have just thought us very drunk!
A snake?  Honestly, sent shivers down my back hearing that!!
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

Getting to bed early really is a thing of the past for me, perhaps on the weekends i get to bed early, but not during the week days cause i'm up talking to Adam. This past week I've been averaging 3:15am for bed. Its not good.
Thanks for wishing me a happy birthday, i had a good day.
I totally understand what you mean about open toe shoes destroying your feet, there have been many a time that i've hobbled along the street with tissues wedged in my shoes trying to ease the discomfort.
I'm so self conscious when i'm in the gym, am convinced everyone is laughing at my butt when i'm on the running machine. But its good to go, meet new people, get fit. Good luck deciding. Also, wanted to ask, where'd you see that snake, cause i want to be sure i NEVER go there! lol!

Anonymous said...

I would have died if I had seen a snake, they terrify me..........Jules xxxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/

Anonymous said...

Ohh, I hate snakes. My Nemesis still does the Richard Simmons VHS tapes. Even though we have bought him several DVD ones.

Go figure.

Take Care,


Gabreael

Anonymous said...

Once when out with our old dog Hannah, we saw an adder, well not so much saw, as Jim nearly trod on it.  I`ve never seen him jump so high......rather him than me though!  lolol  ;-)

Sandra xxx

Anonymous said...

I heard a bit of that interview on Radio 2 and I thought of you! Hope the open shoes get more comfortable, because it's too hot for closed shoes! A snake! Quite exsssssiting really...if they weren't so scary!
http://journals.aol.co.uk/irisclyde/LaDolceVita

Anonymous said...

:)  haven't left a comment in a while but really loved reading about your Queen trip!
I have some shoes that are 'band-aid' required to wear!  Funny what us ladies will do to wear cute shoes :)
Take care doll~
xoxo~Bernadette

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed reading in your journal and all the comments.  Living in the USA (southern Illinois, near St. Louis Missouri) everything seems the same old same old.  My parents visited England (London) to meet a cousin that contacted my brother on the internet!  My Dad never knew very much about his family because he became an orphan at a young age due to his parents passing away.  Thanks for commenting in my journal and will certainly look forward to writing back and forth.    Take care -mark-