Sunday 5 June 2005

Part 8 - Cardiff and the aftermath!!

Hi J-people!!  How are you all?  Today I'm not doing so good.  I don't know why I'm just on a downer and feeling quite lonely - yet when Trina rung I bit her head off.  (not literally LOL.......) *big sigh*  I don't know what's wrong!!  Coming down big time after the gigs I suppose.........So I thought I would write part 8 and cheer myself up reminiscing.  Before I do though I found this photo on the internet last night from Birmingham and you can see me in it

  On the left hand side you can see someone with an arm crossed and one hanging down - that's moi!!  Now you can see how close I was!! - Let me know if you can't see it very well and I shall attempt to mark myself out LOL...........Anyway........

PART 8 - CARDIFF AND MORE!!

So the band came on stage here's the highlights.  Feel Like Makin' Love and Show Must Go On were back in the setlist which was fantastic - I love that Feel Like Makin' Love song (but it does remind me of South Park - if anyone's heard the South Park album you'll know what I mean!!)  As you are all aware by now Roger comes to the front to sing 'Say it's not true' (that night we were standing right hand side of the platform).  Every night just before the band came on stage I would always say to Trina, 'Roger is gonna stand right there *points to platform* and sing facing this direction *points to myself*.  At Cardiff it felt as if this had finally come true!!  Seriously he stood in front of us and sang most of the song towards us, I know he wasn't really looking but it felt good at the time :-) When he turned round his hair looked quite funny coz it was sticking up on both sides LOL.........He did finally catch his drumstick *round of applause* and Brian looked at him afterwards.  At the end of the show when the band came down the platform, Funster, Fairy and I did the 'we're not worthy' thing.  Spike looked at us and smiled, not sure about the others.  The lovely steward bloke was tapping his foot and mouthing along during pretty much the whole show - bless him.  For the last two songs (we will rock you and we are the champions) he took his ear plugs out!  I really can't remember what else happened during this show of interest - for some reason I've written down 'funny dancing' but can't remember why - it may have been Jamie Moses but I don't know!!

 

Afterwards I asked the steward to pass me some of the condoms that had been thrown (where ever possible we reused them :-) He said 'I think I might keep these for myself, at least 10 minutes of fun there.'   I laughed and replied, '10 minutes is that all.' He did give them back!!  As we were chatting to all our mates he climbed over the barrier and Fairy took a photo of the group with him in it :-)  Nice man!!  A bloke called Pierre who had been standing near Trina and myself caught Roger's drumstick.  All us Roger fans wanted to touch it, he was very nice about that, if I had caught it there would've been no way I would've let anyone else touch it ha ha ha..........

(the rest of this tour diary will be written as new coz I hadn't got this bit done when the computer went wrong and I had to reload everything!!)

The gang made it's way outside and there followed a discussion about whether to 'hotel stalk'.  There was a rumour about which one they may be staying at.  In the end we just went round to the back to watch them leave.  Becky and (i think) Matt (who I forgot to mention earlier had turned up late to queue :-) had gone to get chips.  So we couldn't go anywhere without them, but Sarah and Funster went to get there cars, just in case!!  Unfortunately there was a lot of people leaving from the same car park so it took them quite a while to get round to the back of the venue.  I can't remember if Brian or Paul came out first.  I have a feeling it was Brian who probably waved again!!  When Paul came out he stopped the car and beckoned Gavin, Sarah etc over to his car :-)  Sarah told him that she loved his trousers and Cat fell in love with him coz he held her hand.  lol........I didn't go over, don't know why!!  I think partly coz I wanted to go hotel stalking and with Brian and Paul leaving the building I knew it wasn't gonna happen and that made me, not angry, but not happy either!!  I should've just got into a taxi and gone but Fairy and Funster were staying in the same hotel as us and they needed to know where it was - not that we knew but still!!  Roger's car eventually made it's way out of the gates.  I looked for Sarah but she'd disappeared.  Gavin and I shouted for her and as she was trying to cross the road she just missed his car and shouted at him and he waved at her.  Not long after Roger left I asked everyone if we could go so Trina, Fairy, Funster, Michelle and myself said goodbye to everyone and got into Funsters car.  What happened next was not a laugh.  (The rumour of the hotel was that it was down near St David's Bay, Brian confirmed this with a comment about how he had a lovely view of the bay from the hotel on his website grrrrrrr...........)

Saturday night in Cardiff it appears they shut off all the roads, especially the one we needed to drive down to get to the hotel.  Michelle was trying to read the instructions from multimap and Funster got angry.  Trina rung the hotel, the night blokie was foreign and didn't seem to understand that we didn't know Cardiff and the instructions he was giving were usless coz we couldn't go that particular way.  After about an hour or so the night blokie went to get someone who could talk english and he gave Trina some proper directions but the next problem was there was no parking near the hotel.  About a 10/15 mins later we parked up in some random car park and started to make our way round the hotel.  By this point we were all losing our tempers and Michelle walked away and got into some taxi.  We decided to carry on without her and if we lost her we didn't care!!  As it turned out she was in the bar at the hotel, so much for us sneaking her in!!  Fairy and Funster had another walk as they weren't in the same building - which annoyed them further.  Things for Trina and I didn't get any better either.  We get up to the room, only two beds, unlike the travel lodge in Birmingham which had three so that meant Michelle could have one!  This time though as we were paying for the room we didn't feel so nice and both took a bed each.  Unfortunately there was no spare blankets in the room, but we both gave her one of our pillows, and she curled up in the chair.  When I woke up a bit later she was perched on the end of my bed.  In fact she had woken me up, she'd got cramp in both of her legs.  Ouch!!

Next morning Trina and I were catching a bus home, and trying to work out what to do the next day for Sheffield.  We got to the bus station (still with Michelle in tow) and looked for a cafe to have breakfast in.  We found somewhere and had a lovely meal and a fab cup of tea.  Trina and I really enjoyed that relaxing.  Michelle left and went to a friends.  We went back to the bus station to wait for our bus.  We were both quite ill, but had decided that if we could get an extra night at the hotel in Sheffield we would travel up that night.  Whilst we were at the bus station we both started reading things, I glanced up once and this girl who had caught my glance called me a bitch.  I couldn't believe it I wasn't even really looking at her!!  This did not help my mood.  Eventually we got onto a bus that took us to Bristol, (there was a rather cute bloke on this bus who was wearing one of the let me live wristbands :-).  This was the first time we had travelled by bus, and I have to say I prefer the train.  It's so quiet on the bus!!  Once we got to Bristol we had to wait for the next bus to take us all the way home.  There was a queue, so we joined it in the end.  I noticed some people hadn't joined it and I was not going to let them get on before me so I literally pushed past them when the driver let us on.  I was quite impressed with myself!!

By 5pm we were home.  A quick trip to my flat, for Trina to meet up with Wayne and iron his shirts for work.  By 6pm we were off again and because of the trains back onto a bus, going back on ourselves to Taunton where the train was waiting to take us to Sheffield.  We got there at 11pm and checked into the hotel.  We both wished that the band were staying in the Hilton as we had a view of it from our hotel :-)

Tomorrow Part Nine - Sheffield.

Hope your all having a good weekend

Take care

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry but I could not pick you out but it is probably my eyes.  Great pics.  Laughed at the bloke wanting to use the condoms!!!

Anonymous said...

I haven't been to see a band for years and I must say that your diary of your trip reminds me of the great atmosphere and excitment of a live performance, not that I was ever as dedicated as you are! I hope the boys appreciate it an I'm sure they do. Hope you're not feling too sad, at least you have these great memories.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/irisclyde/LaDolceVita

Anonymous said...

Have had the magnifying glass out Jen but it's hard to see you.  He caught the sticks!! and about time.  You're not feeling too good. From the fiasco with the hotel and all the travelling I think you've got tour lag lol.  Things will perk up when you've recovered.  Hope you get an interview.  ~xxR

Anonymous said...

cardiff has to be one of the best places on earth to see any live band.....Jules xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/

Anonymous said...

I can see an arm, I think, right over on the left.  Is that you?
Sorry you were on a downer honey, hope you feel lots better now.
Still loving these entries :o)
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

I think I can see you in that pic - what a fantastic position you were in, right by the stage! You certainly had to do some travelling to get to all these places - heck of a punishing itinery. But what wonderful memories you'll be able to look back on one day!

David.