Friday 10 June 2005

Part 10 - Wembley the end!!

Hi Everyone!!  As my favourite site is having an upgrade at the moment and not accessible I thought I would finish off my story.  Plus I'm off out tomorrow - going to Trina's to stay and then I have Monday and Tuesday off work and determined to enjoy myself.  Just checked out the weather forecast and it's showing sun for tomorrow go yay everyone I shall explain more probably on Monday!!  Also I need to relax as I have an interview on Thursday aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh............. panic!!  LOL.................Everyone at work is being optimistic I'm gonna get it but I don't share their enthusiasm especially after the day I've had today!!  Still we'll see.......................Onwards and onto part 10!!

11/05/2005 - WEMBLEY PAVILLION - LONDON

Trina and I had a night at home away from each other (at long last - nah just kidding ;-) after Sheffield.  On the 11th we met up vaguely around 9ish and made our way to the train station.  We weren't panicking about this gig as it was an all seated venue.  No queueing - it felt well weird!!  Got onto our booked train later than expected coz it's been delayed.  Just outside Taunton the train manager tells us that the brakes are causing a safety mechanism to be activated every time and therefore the train could not continue so we had to get off in Taunton and wait for the next one.  I can't tell you how relieved we were that it happened that day and not for any of the other gigs.  To be honest I think that's probably the first time we've ever had that kind off thing happen to us.  On the platform we decided to get the next train, even though it was stopping EVERYWHERE!!  I also tried to ring mum but she wasn't answering...........grrrrrr.....lol.........

Finally get to London around 3ish, and make our way to Wembley by tube.  Neither of us had been there before and I had forgotten to bring my A-Z with me so I had a feeling it wasn't gonna be easy to find the hotel.  I had assumed it was like 5 seconds away from the stadium.  Anyway on the way to Wembley wemeet up with Alessia who happened to be catching the same tube.  It was great to see her again, as we hadn't since Newcastle!!  Once we got to Wembley we departed company from Alessia who was going straight to the pub to meet up with the guys.  Trina and I had to check into our hotel.  Problem was we'd gone to Wembley central or something like that and the hotel was quite a walk away from there.  After walking one way and then the other and finally asking a policeman (i think) we try to catch a bus.  LOL.........What a nightmare!!  Being from a town were busdrivers actually issue you with tickets we assumed bus drivers in London do this.  The first bus we tried to board wasn't very helpful and told us he didn't go where we wanted, even though the sign said he did.  We get a ticket from one of those help yourself machines and manage to board the next bus, missing the closest stop to our hotel completely!

Eventually we find the hotel and we're quite impressed!!  Dump our bags and get straight back out to find the pub.  The forum at Queenonline were all meeting up there.  So we get back onto a bus going back towards the way we'd just come.  We get further than we think and finally realise we've gone the wrong way!!  Get off this bus, cross the road and catch another (luckily we'd brought a day ticket!!) Finally make it to the pub - god knows what time!!  Everyone is there, Vern, Julie, Sarah, Gavin, (Cat didn't go she wasn't well), Jamie, Alessia, Andy, Pierre and his mum, Brigitte, Loretta, Michelle and loads more!!  It was certainly a Queen filled pub.  Jamie and Alessia put some music on the jukebox and suddenly there's a Queen singalong :-)  Sarah had been drinking vodka (i think) and was rather tipsy   It was a great opportunity for photos - which I'll show you in a different entry!!

At around 6 or was it half past (i really can't remember) the group made it's way down to the pavillion (or tent as it has been renamed!!) It was a shame at this gig because it was seating we weren't sitting together.  But it was such a laugh walking down to the venue, we were all being rather loud singing 'amarillo' shouting 'blond bloke' at the guy from Birmingham (i forgot to tell you about him - his real name was Paul but they didn't wanna call him that so he was known as blond bloke :-)  Seeing the Freddie type mosiac thing on the wall and cheering at it lol..........Got to the venue and we all split up and went our seperate ways.  Trina and I found our seats but weren't amused about them........we were to the left of the mixing desk and the stage was sooooooooo far away!!  But we made a promise to enjoy ourselves no matter what.......and we did!!

As soon as Eminems Lose Yourself came on we both stood up and remained that way for the rest of the gig, dancing, screaming as loud as possible so they will at least have heard us :-)  At one point I think it was during Brian's Love of My Life or just after I shouted 'Brian' really loudly and I got this look from some people who were sitting opposite us.  I just looked at them back and said 'What?? that's his name!!' Trina laughed at that one!!  Brian and Roger both moaned about the venue - well it was a pile of s***!!  To be honest with you.  We couldn't even have made a mad dash to the front coz the security people kept coming round to tell us to get out of the aisles.  grrrrrrrrrrrr.............Eventually these two kids who were in the row in front of us left their seats and when they came back they didn't return to their seats they stood in front of us, one of them must've been about 6ft, I mean for crying out loud........I couldn't see a thing and it was making me more peed off by the second.  It wasn't the fact that they were kids or that they were taller than me, but when someone blocks my view I would expect them to be getting into it and having a great time.  They didn't even move!!  There was a row of blokes behind us and they didn't clap, sing, dance or anything - just stood there with their arms folded!!  There was a couple opposite us who stood there kissing throughout the gig.  People were even still being shown to their seats long after the gig started - what's up with these people??   The only person to impress us was this elderly lady (must've been around 60ish) who was getting into the gig.  Bless her!!  Unfortunately I cannot provide you with highlights coz although the gig was good I don't have any!!  Apart from what I've already told you!!  Anyway here's a pic of what we saw.  I think Trina zoomed on this pic so it does look better than it actually was..............

When the gig was finished we all decided to meet by the mixing desk.  Whilst we were standing there waiting for Sarah, I turned round and there next to me was Roger's ex Debbie with one of their kids in her arms, looking very tired.  Some woman with reddish curly hair walked up to her and said 'is she out?'  Debbie responded, but I was so shocked to be standing next to her I didn't hear what she said, not that that's important anyway!!  We went to the other side of the mixing desk and saw James bless him :-)  Eventually Sarah, Gavin and Matt joined the rest of us who were going to find an open pub.  Sarah was being VERY noisy and kept screaming.   It eventually translated that not only had Roger finally looked at her but he had also touched her hand :-)  She was extremely happy about this!!

The gang walked back to the pub where we had started from but unfortunately they were closing.  They told us about some pub down the road that would still be opened, so off we set looking for it.  We came across a sports pub, but they were closing too.  Found the pub this guy had been talking about but they too were closing (well it was Wednesday afterall..........)  The gang decided to get the tube back to the center of London and find a pub!  Trina and I didn't wanna risk the tube back to Wembley at that time of night and decided to bid everyone a fond farewell........it was horrible!!  To think that I was not gonna see some of these people again till Hyde Park in July and some of them not until I can afford to go to another convention.  *sob sob* 

Trina and I made our way back to the hotel and ordered room service.  A nice pizza arrived within half an hour and it went down very nicely!!  Next morning we went downstairs for some breakfast.  We had to have continental coz they didn't do a full english grrrrrrrr...........lol.........Then we left the hotel and decided to go and see Freddie's house.  We hadn't been there for years and I really wanted to see it again.  Whilst we were standing outside the occupant had their food shopping delievered, M&S it was lol!!  After a while we made our way back to Paddington and sat in a rather nice cafe and had some drinks and cake :-)  Got home around 5ish, Wayne gave me a lift home and that was it!!  No more tour till July............... 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like it was fab, glad your all enjoyed yourselves. There is nothing better than live music............Jules xxxxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/

Anonymous said...

Think of all the memories you have of this tour....still, not long till Hyde park eh?!

Anonymous said...

Awww, ((((()))))'s to you Jen!
Good for you for enjoying yourselves and not caring what the standing still with arms folded people were thinking.
Sara   x