Sunday 19 June 2005

Ahhhh the weekend!!

Hi Everyone

Hope your ok!!  That's me today that graphic is lol..........So have you all had a good weekend?  Thought I'd give you an update to let you know what I've been up to.  Before I start though, I would like to thank you all (even the new people who are visiting ) for the comments on the last entry!!  It was very kind of you all to say such nice things!!  Anyway onwards and upwards.......................

Friday I had a few nice comments from people at work as the team leader sent the email round saying I'd got the job.  (I have a feeling I've told you this already lol.........)  I still didn't feel too great on Friday but was hoping if I got some relaxation over the weekend I would be ok!

Yesterday I set the alarm for 9am and got up around 10ish ( I like my lie-ins :-) Managed to do a bit of hoovering but found it too hot and my throat was playing up far too much for me to be bothered!!  My brother rung at 11.30am ish!!  This was nice to hear from him, hadn't actually spoken to him since Roy's 50th b-day party.  Naturally he was ringing coz he'd forgotten my birthday.  :-)  I actually thought he was paying me back coz I never remember his :-P  Anyway we had a nice ol' chat and tried to sort out whether we were gonna go and see Nan.  He said we'd have to do it one weekend as he's very busy with work and anytime off he gets he sleeps.........I said that was fine by me - so watch this space for the trip to Bedford to visit Nan.  If it doesn't come off nearer the end of this year I shall attempt to visit her on my own.  I'm determined I shall visit her, every year I say I will and I know that one year she'll be gone and it'll be too late.  Besides I still have a xmas present that I brought for her, that I have to give her.  I thought I'd save it and give it to her in person rather than by post!!  He also told me he had a website www.mindkillers.com  I've just visited it and unless you like computer games I doubt you'd like the site very much!!  I didn't tell him about my journal..............

Trina eventually turns up, Cat is staying with her at the moment, so all three of us went to the bridal shop.  It was the day of the fitting!! Arrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........................lol............Cat decided she was gonna take pictures and send them to Sarah!!  We were not amused!!  It was so funny though coz my lack of confidence showed through and I couldn't get over how I didn't like myself in a dress (usually I'm a jeans and t-shirt kinda gal!) but I had Trina, Cat and the fitter telling me how great I looked.  Plus Trina and Cat kept saying 'Your Beautiful' LOL.............the fitter must've thought they were bonkers.   I have debated about showing the pics to you lot, but then I thought 'yeah why not...........' coz then if your lucky you can see these the 'before' shots and if I do post any pics of the actual wedding you can see the 'after' shots :-)  Unfortunately the other bridesmaid wasn't there which was a shame, but there had been a mix up of dates were she was concerned.  Never mind, at least me and Trina will have something to look forward to seeing!!  (Oh and don't worry folks the groom doesn't know about my journal :-)

After that humiliation was over we went to M&S and brought some of their cake squares.  We're addicted to the flapjacks at work mmmmmm..........definitely recommend!!  Then we all got an icecream from Thorntons and sat on the cathedral green eating them.  There was a craft fair going on and the announcer said there was a punch and judy show.  We didn't go and watch it but in a way I wish we had that would've been funny.  We made our way back to mine and after Cat got the grand tour of the flat and I showed Trina my banners, that's the first one I made - hiding the dress pics :-) We went up to the Malthouse for something to eat.

There was hardly anyone in there, and with a bottle of wine to share, and the music turned up, we all had a good ol' Queen natter and eat some food.  I would say good food but I didn't go much on my breakfast brunch, but it was a bit too hot to have anything.  Cat and Trina had afters, and I was falling asleep on the leather sofa as we were on our 2nd bottle of wine.  :-)  I'm such a lightweight when it comes to drinking but that's another story............We made our way back to mine as they wanted to watch Dr Who.  I'm not a fan and would much rather have sat next to the river, discussing more Queen topics :-)  We had managed to cover, the tour, Freddie's ex's, the convention, best album, etc............

After Dr Who finished, I put Milton Keynes Bowl DVD on and we watched some of that until Wayne turned up to pick them up.  When they left, I watched Casualty, BB6, and then turned off the TV to listen to some music and catch up on the internet.  Not long afterwards Trina rung.  She asked if I was watching the Live Aid documentary on BBC2, to which I repsonded 'damn I knew there was something I was gonna watch', apparently I had missed an interview with Roger.  :-(  Luckily though the 2nd part of the docu was much better Queen wise.  It was fabulous the build up to them being on etc.  And Roger looked good in his interview, lovely eyes, mmmmmmmmm....................lol

Today I decided I didn't wanna do anything.  Usually on a sunday I would go for a walk, but I decided it was far too hot for that so I just sat in front of the TV or the computer all day.  I did ring mum and thanked her for the birthday card and Meggie for hers.  Apparently Megs was in her paddling pool and kept asking mum to ask me if I'm still her friend........bless...............Hopefully I'm gonna go and see them next weekend!!  I must show her my journal and the pics :-)

Well I'm gonna try and get to bed earlyish tonight........busy week ahead!!  Accounts arrived on Friday...........well hope you all had a good weekend and a good week ahead...........

Take care

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good banner Jen, like the colour of the 'frock'.  Jeans and T'shirt are my faves too.  You do look lovely though and so does the bride.  You've had a full weekend amidst all the heat.  Have a good day at work, hope your throat gets better soon.~xxR

Anonymous said...

Great entry great pics - best read of the week

Anonymous said...

I'm a jeans and T-shirt kinda gal too, with a secret desire to wear dresses and be girlie!  I love your dress!  The colour is so pretty, what's the rest of it like?  It is really long, or knee length or neither?!  Trina looks lovely too :o)
Great entry Jen, lots of detail.  We like detail!
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

I prefer jeans and tops too but its nice to have a princess dress now and then, you look lovely, ...............Jules xxxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/

Anonymous said...

I`m a jeans person too, and it seems by the comments we are not alone.  I do love to dress up for special occasions though.  That dress does look lovely on you, so there!  .LOL !   It is too hot to eat though, I`m really not that hungrey at the moment :-)

Sandra xxx

Anonymous said...

I'm a jeans and t-shirt guy.... I leave the dresses to the she-dad.

Now, who's gonna catch the bride's bouquet?

Anonymous said...

usually i'm in jeans and a tshirt too, but it is nice to get all dressed up once in a while. make the effort, and a wedding is the perfect reason to glam up.

Anonymous said...

I'm a shorts person myself :).

Gabreael

Anonymous said...

That's a cracker of a dress! And you do look great too! Good luck with the work this week - do you start in your new appointment straight away?

David.

Anonymous said...

Haha i was just reading ur's when you added on mine :P
I love reading your Journal.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/watsbre/Brettthedonsdiary

Anonymous said...

i enjoyed this entry and i love the pics cheryl hugs

Anonymous said...

Great entry, full of interest as usual my friend.  I rarely get the excuse to dress up these days but used to love it.  Love the little snoopy graphic xxxx