Monday 1 May 2006

A change of scenery

 peeps - hope you've all had a good weekend xx
 
Well after the excitement of receiving 3 entries in a row I thought I'd treat you all to a break before I wrote again.  Plus nothing exciting or even slightly interesting has happened so I don't really know why I'm doing this entry lol............Except I don't want you all to think I've forgotten you ;-)
 
 
During the week I figured I should go out somewhere at the weekend but the debate reigned as to whether I should or not!!  I can't afford it, even though I got paid at the weekend, yep monthly payments yuk, but this month I had a pay rise and went up an increment woohoo!!  This covered the amount I had gone overdrawn but I think I went slightly more overdrawn on Friday when I went shopping coz I don't think the wages had actually gone in yet *rolls eyes*  So I was debating this all week to go out or not.  The thing was if I didn't go out I would just stay in watch videos and not get anything done productively but I didn't know what the weather was gonna do and this would take away some spending money for the convention.
 
 
On Friday during my lunch break I looked up train prices on the web and tried to find bus prices.  The idea was torn between going for a walk and taking a picnic or a bike ride to actually going to the beach if it was nice!!  Unfortunately I had missed the weather report on GMTV which is unlike me coz usually I do get to see it!!  So by the end of Friday I went to bed still undecided as to what to do but set the alarm for quite early in case I could make up my mind when I woke up.  Plus I thought it would be a good idea to get up early and do the hoovering coz then it would be done and I wouldn't have to worry about it on Sunday.
 
 
So I wake up early and I still can't decide.  The weather report from the local radio station says dry, cloudy and sometimes a shower, but it would definitely brighten up in the afternoon.  I get up, have brekkie, decide which train I'm going to catch if I intend to go out and set about hoovering.  Doesn't take too long as I was in one of my I-can't-be-bothered-with-this moods.  So I'm sat around still undecided but end up getting changed and packing my bag still undecided.  At half 10 I walk up to the train station, which only takes quarter of an hour and so I'm really early.  I sit by the river for a few minutes.  Looks as if I'm going out then I think!!  Well a change of scene will do you good, plus I took the camera so I had my journal in mind you see lol..............
 
 
At 11.13am I'm on the train to Exmouth, according to the web it's cheaper to get there than it is to go to Torquay.  £3.40 to be precise, compared to £8.00 something to go the other way.  Anyhoo the train got quite busy but it was a pleasant journey.  Got there in about half an hour and wondered into town.  Like I said before I have no money so why I went into town I haven't got a clue.  I looked in some places for some new sunglasses and found a pair I quite liked in New Look for £8.00 but I figured that was too dear and so I left them and tried to find some cheaper elsewhere but no such luck.  Did consider going to see Wayne's mum and thanking her in person for the microwave but her stall was busy so decided against it!!  Instead I decided it was time to wander off to the beach.
 
 
Got there and wandered along the beach and figured as it was lunchtime(ish) I would get myself some chips.........mmmmmmmmmm...........chippy lunch :-)  Eventually got them (big queue) and sat on some rocks down by the sea.  A boat went past when I was eating them and it was playing Status Quo quite loudly, how cool is that??  I was waiting for them to play Queen but no such luck!!  After I finished eating I sat there for about an hour, feeling really extremely bored.  I'd taken a book to read and a notebook to write some stuff in but didn't feel like doing any of it now I was there!  It's nice to go out but when you surrounded by families all having a good time it just makes me feel miserable.  I started thinking I should've gone to see mum instead, I haven't seen her since mother's day :-(  It would've cost more but still........................
 
 
I gave up and decided which train to catch home and wandered up the beach and back into town.  I thought maybe if I buy myself something nice, just cheap, but nice.  Guess what??  I couldn't find anything and I decided against those sunglasses.  I went to wait for the train and it was lovely and quiet when I got on.  Then we pulled into the Royal Commander Training Unit and guess what??  The train suddenly got jam packed!!  Full of Royal Marine traninee's - any other day I would've been lookin' at them thinkin' it was my lucky day! (well ok, not really but I can dream can't I? lol) but not today, I didn't really want them on there at all, but one of them had lovely eyes.  Unfortunately he moved away from me :-(
 
 
Eventually got home and rung Trina - I was feeling blah and needed cheering up.  When I got home I decided to crash out on the sofa and watch some stuff on video.  I did put the computer on but I felt really tired so I didn't catch up with journals which is why I'm behind again lol............
 
 
Yesterday I did nothing and today I did nothing, but I did go for a walk.  :-)  This week is a two day working week for me woohoo!!  Apparently we don't go to the convention until Friday so that means I have an extra day in bed on Thursday :-)  Yay!!  Well I have to pack, which I've actually started and for once in my life I know which Queen t-shirts I'm taking.  and I've sorted out a bit of my costume.  I did have an idea about it which I should've done today but I can't be bothered.  May not bother at all shall just have to see lol..........I shall of course give you the full write up next week, probably Tuesday next coz I've got that day off too to recover ;-) 
 
 
Well I don't know what else to drone on about - wife swap is beginning so I should go and watch it :-)  So until next time...........take care peeps xx
 
Oh and I've also added pics of the daffs from Wayne's mum and a crystal thingy which I got from Trina's mum that I've hung in the window and when the sun's shining there are rainbow thingys everywhere :-)
 
 Look it's me in southpark format lol xx
 
P.s if anyone's seen the Tiscali ad the one with the woman and the cheese and the bloke says crackers and she says completely - what was she in?? it's doing my head in now!!  If you know please tell me - Thank you xx

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Jen

Your piccys are lovely and so are you........ shame u had a day on your own, but then some of us would kill for that....lol.....   chips for lunch wooo hoooo (your my kinda girlie) and hey, i just love the pic with the Donkeys in - i love donkeys!!!
Jayne x
http://journals.aol.co.uk/funnyface0s0/SingleGirl

Anonymous said...

Great photos...looks like you struck it lucky with the weather.  Don't think I've seen that advert but will look out for it - there's nothing worse than thinking you know someone but can't remember where from!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like heavan to me, sun, sea and a chippy lunch can't fault you girl (lol), Sam xx

Anonymous said...

I've never been to Exmouth, it looks like it has a nice coast. I'm glad you got out in the end, no point sitting around at home! I hope you enjoy the convention, sure you will!! Jeannette xx

Anonymous said...

Oh how lovely your chips look sea side chips are best ,the sea for the day how good is that and you'v sort of done your hoovering lol The girl in the AD I think was a police woman/detective I'm sure it was a  detective series ...years ago in band of gold she was the daughter who got murdered .........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Exmouth is beautiful. Looks like the weather satyed nce for you as well. Hope you saved me a chip. B. x

Anonymous said...

Jen I wish I was there too.  They're lovely pics, I love your daffs.  It's weird going out on your own I know when everyone seems in pairs or have ankle bites tagging along with them, but well worth it.  Very cool of that boat to play your tune.......you were meant to hear it, it was just for u :)  It's been lovely hearing of your day Jen. Rache

Anonymous said...

Damn a train full of Marines..got it would have been fab...lol