Tuesday 23 May 2006

Tell me the Truth

 
Well yet again I was not going to do an entry but I feel so stressed and miserable today I thought I'd post my rant on here, coz I know you'll listen to me ;-)  Trina's already had to put up with it bless her!
 
 
I had my mobile phone in my desk drawer today.  Trina's on holiday and I like to have it near in case she rings or texts.  Well to my surprise it went off ~ luckily it was on vibrate!!  I didn't answer it just opened and shut it to stop it from going off coz it was making a noise!!  When I looked to see who the number was, it was one of the estate agents from last week.
 
It went off again about 5 mins later but this time the person left a message coz I had moved it to a place were it wouldn't make so much noise!!  Turns out that was the plumber ~ what I hadn't told you was that when the landlord had contacted me about the flat, I finally got round to mentioning the hot water tap in the bathroom doesn't work.  It's never bothered me coz I just use the one in the bath but I had to mention it to them ~ well this panicked me and made me stressed.  Trina had kept saying that if they don't get it fixed perhaps they will sell it coz who goes round and checks the taps lol.........But I was thinking about it the other way round!!
 
I spent the rest of the day wanting to cry ~ I know that's pathetic but I can't cope with this situation anymore........I mean there is so much to think about and take into consideration, like if I have to move whose gonna help me??  Will I have to hire a van?? How much is that gonna cost??  Will I get my deposit back etc etc............I just wanna know one way or the other!!
 
Trina felt the full brunt of my worries on the way home.  It's not like I can talk about it to people at work - their so wrapped up in their little worlds with their little friends I don't think they'd be very supportive/sympathetic!!  Gosh that sounds bitter lol......... As usual though Trina's a rock in my unsteady little world.  But I took it upon myself to email the landlord from work - hopefully I shall have a response when I get in tomorrow.  I just asked them to give me an update.
 
When I did get home I rung back the estate agents and nobody knew who'd rung me and what for.  The only other person they could ask was out doing a viewing and she said she'd ask him when he gets back, but I've heard nothing since.  What's the betting they ring again tomorrow??
 
Just when I think things couldn't get any worse they did........I was bidding on Ebay for a book called Gluttons for Punishment - a Queen book *yes I know your shocked by that lol* and I've wanted it for ages and it's the first time I've seen it on there!!  Well I was winning up until the last 28 seconds and I lost it by a £1 -  I am gutted and feel like crying again!!  Jeez when will things pick up??
 
Hope your all having a better week than me - at least there's only technically two days left for me ;-)
 
Best wishes
 
 
p.s I'm behind in my alerts - I do apologise!!  Problems with accessing internet at lunchtimes so I just don't bother anymore lol.......

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((Jen))))))))))) I emailed you about 20 mins ago hon.....get in touch after you've read that ~~ thinking of you my friend.
lotsa love Deb ~XXXXXXXX~
http://journals.aol.com/debbiewebb4465/TheLifeTimesofanEssexGirl

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you've got all this worry after such a good time at the convention, seems like such a come-down. The only thing to do is wait for an update from the landlord. Yes, you are legally entitled to your deposit back unless you've damaged the property. I do hope your landlord can be honest with you, it's your life and home involved. He should be honest and at least let you know his intentions. I hope he'll put you in the picture. Sorry you lost out on the book on ebay. At least you got a proper alert for this entry. Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Aww, so sorry you're having a rough time of things. I hope the landlord lets you know exactly what's going on and how things stand. B. x

Anonymous said...

poorJen ,you are not very settled at the moment ,so sorry you didnt get he book,hopefully the landlord will clear up all the queries for you tomorrow.....Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Jen it's well known moving is stressful, can the new owners help with cost.  Asking for an update is good........and keep asking him if you have to.  Being stuck in limbo waiting for others is not nice so you do have my sympathy Jen.  Rache

Anonymous said...

I´m so sorry for you Jen. I once had the same situation when our flat was sold. But the new owner was very kind: we had to move but he gave us all the time we needed to look for a new flat. And this flat was even better than the older one was. I´m sure this daft situation will turn out well. Maybe a start for sth new and beautiful?   coops

Anonymous said...

Keep your chin up, every situation has an answer and will sort itself out. If you need a van driver, I will come down and drive it for you, i drive them everyday, and I'd like a run down to that end of the country.

Anonymous said...

Sorry you have had such a bad day hope tomorrow will be better. Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

Oh no, i'm sorry to hear that your day was so bad. i'm SO behind on alerts. I don't know how it happens!
It sucks that you lost out on that Queen book, why couldn't life be like a movie. If it were it'd turn out that a cute guy you work with that you think is out of your league or just super insensitive (maybe both) would buy you the book and give it to you as a symbol of his love. that's what it'd be if life were live movies. but since its not i recommend a nice cup of tea and a chocolate biscuit to cheer yourself up! lol!

Shermeen xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/shermeen0621/PublicThoughts/

Anonymous said...

Bloody hell Jen, I was feeling all happy with the world, spiffy and everything until I ran full tilt into your journal. Now, the first one who comes through that door is going to get a faceful. Now I hate everybody.   Jim Halliday

Anonymous said...

I read through the comments and it looks like you have some answers to solve your problems.    I am sure that must make you feel that you have your friends to look out for you.    I am sure another book will come up for sale and you will win the bidding, or perhaps find it in a used book shop.     mark

Anonymous said...

Apologies for being a bit late commenting but I'm here now...I'm so sorry things are the way they are for you at the moment.  Wish I could help but at least you have Trina for support, there's nothing like a true friend to be there for you.  Hope things start looking up for you soon Jen, take care xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/pricesc93/MrsFourboys/

Anonymous said...

Oh sweetheart :o(
Firstly - ((((( huge great hugs for you )))))
It's just horrible that you have to move when you'd rather stay put.  I've just been through all this with Gary though, him thinking he'd never find a place, or that he'd end up somewhere nasty.  He did manage to find a lovely little place though, and it didn't take as long as he feared.  There's a place out there, perfect for our Jen, you'll find it m'dear and eventually you will feel as much at home there as you do where you are now.  It must seem like such a big thing, moving house, making all the arrangements etc.  Try not to think about it as a whole though, break it down into smaller easier to think about chunks.  I'm rambling aren't I... I'm sorry, I just hate to think of you so upset.  Just remember, you'll get through it and you will be fine.  You have Trina and you have all of us too :o)
Sara   x