Monday 29 May 2006

Bank Holiday Update

Hiya everyone :-) 
 
Don't have much to report from this end of the country!!  Been pretty bored today ~ although as usual I planned to do lots of different stuff ~ well mainly catching up with journals but that clearly hasn't happened lol........well I have got them down from 70 odd to 38 :-)  I am reading just not commenting to catch up a bit quicker!!    I've not turned on the computer on Friday/Saturday that's why I'm so behind!!
 
 
                                          
 
Friday - waited for the plumber to turn up!!  I was told around 9ish, so I got up early and waited...........and waited ....................and waited............had planned to go to Trina's once he'd finished so the fact he hadn't turned up when they said he would was getting me angry!!  At quarter to ten he turns up and looks at what he needs to do.  He then says he's gotta pop out for about 20 mins whilst he gets some new tap heads!!  Ugh.........this annoyed me further!!  So to calm myself down I rung Trina and explained the situation and hoped I could make the half eleven train!!  Then I turned the computer on and played bejeweled 2 :-)  (if you get a chance play it - it's really good lol).......  He came back about 10 past 10 and had to run the water so he could change the tap heads.  It was at this time he started talking to me about my game that I was playing...........So I said, 'is it gonna take long only I was hoping to be out by 11am'.  lol.........His response was no - should only take about 20 mins.  *phew* i was thinking.
 
Managed to catch the 11.30am train to Torquay and the silly ticket person only charged me to Dawlish (which is before Torquay for those of you that don't know :-), still who am I to complain!!  I clearly said single to Torquay!!  Her loss!!
 
Didn't do much at Trina's - we played the smash hits DVD game ~ it was sad that I remembered some of the questions from when we played it on trina's birthday.  Trina and I decided to go down town, but by this time the shops were closing.  So we caught the bus back and Wayne drove us to the Nutwell Lodge in Lympstone - going the long way round - not my fault I hasten to add ;-)  We had some drinks, a carvery and some pudding ~ lovely it was!!  They drove me back to mine and unfortunately wayne's head was playing up so they went home but it was a fairly nice day :-)
 
                            
 
Saturday - Went to mum's ~ got up early again!!  Got to the train station and almost got on a train to Glasgow that wasn't even stopping in Taunton.  Grrr.......Had to wait about 1/2 an hour for the next train ~ so sat down and read the paper - lookin' at the flats available ~ not many in my price range :-( 
Got to Taunton eventually and walked to mum's!!  All day I had a strange feelin' about me ~ like I wanted to spend money but knowing I couldn't ~ something wasn't quite right all day.  Didn't feel happy, just felt blah!!  Don't think mum noticed lol...Meggy told me she's singing We Are The Champions at school, apparently they are making them learn it lol.........Made her sing some of it when we got back to mums :-)  We played some games on their computer and watched some of Deal or No Deal (which I only watch if I'm desperate ~ I'm not a fan to be fair!!), then I came on home!!  Watched Casualty and American Sweethearts!!  Wasn't really paying attention to that ~ I think i was fallin' asleep on the sofa lol.............
 
                             
 
Sunday - Didn't do anything........oh I lie there is something I was gonna tell you all..........I went to Comet to get a new battery for my camera ~ couldn't find one the day before!!  We are going away next weekend so needed one ;-)  Anyway went in ~ looked at the computer games, but decided against it ~ went to find scart leads after something Wayne had mentioned on Monday and whilst I was pondering these I heard the lovely sound of 'Don't Stop Me Now' coming from somewhere.  I looked up thinking it was on a radio and how this was fate that it was playing when I was in there.  That was when I turned round.  The big screen on the wall had Freddie's image on it.......so did quite a lot of the television screens.  I was in awe, this was fantastic, muliple Freddies, multiple Roger's, mulitple Brian's and John's :-)  I had to stay until the video ended to see if they would play anymore but alas no!!  I found the battery I needed and came on home feelin' happy I'd seen my boys ;-)  This day also marked the last episode of Invasion on Channel 4 and yep you've guessed it, it was left on a cliff hanger - why do they do that??  If your a fan you'd watch the 2nd series anyway!!
 
 - Russell from Invasion - just to keep me going to the next series you understand ;-)
 
Today - nothing done!!  Caught up with some alerts, played more computer games - tidied up the cupboard.  Don't feel like being tidy or spending time cleaning!!  Why should I??
 
Don't wanna go back to work tomorrow - still it's only for 3 days as I'm off again on Friday and Monday of next week ~ going to London for a http://roger-taylor.net meet up :-)  Lookin' forward to seeing my friends from there.  I've been talking to them for about 2 years and have only met some of them!!  Don't know what we're doing when we're there but I shall take piccies anyway lol.......
 
May post again during the week - depends what happens if I wanna tell you about it or not lol ;-) 
 
Take care peeps xx
 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

dony worry its a short week for you this week.......Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good weekend with Trina and your mum. I hope you have a good time next weekend at your meet up. Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

That was good of Comet to welcome you with your fave music Jen:)  Finally you have your tap fixed and quickly.  Have a good week and enjoy your London trip. Rache

Anonymous said...

Great entry Jen, its great just to have time to yourself and not have to go out I too love video games but hubbys not so keen. Take care Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

You should have just got on the train to Glasgow.....you could've visited me!!  Hope the week perks up a bit for you.
;o)

Anonymous said...

Nope, nothing about moving here, will read back further ;o)
Sara   x