Sunday 21 May 2006

Update on the normal life

Hey everyone xx
 
I was hoping to have updated by now but laziness took it's toll on me once again!!  Glad you enjoyed the convention write up - did most of it at work last week lol ;-)  Don't tell anyone will ya??  We got the accounts on Thursday which was quite freaky, so busy, busy for a couple of weeks again!!  I have Friday off this week - got enough flex (don't know how I managed it but I have lol).......so decided to have a long weekend - well it is another bank holiday comin' up!!
 
So I promised to update you on my boring life ;-) with my next entry.  I do actually have some news - not great news admittedly but it's still news!!  A couple of weeks ago at work I received an email from my landlord to say they are thinkin' of selling the flat and they needed my telephone number for the estate agents to arrange a viewing :-(  I was upset and to be honest still am........I'm happy here, it's quiet (well until I get home ;-) and no-one bothers me and I don't bother them.  I'm settled and don't fancy the idea of moving again!!  So that weekend i was in a complete panic and cleaned from top to bottom.  Don't know why just felt it needed doing!! 
 
Last week I get phone calls from two estate agents.  Whitton and Laing have something stuck up their rear ends the way they talk down their nose at you.  Fulfords on the other hand were very nice and the bloke that came round to measure up etc was pleasant!!  Now that they've been round I'm hoping I'll get something to tell me what my landlord is playing at ~ when he says that their thinking about it doesn't really give me anything to work towards if you know what I mean!!  I rather know yes or no so I know what to do!!
 
Then we come to the next problem in this........Trina's begging me to move down to Torquay.  I would love to be closer to her and Wayne and pop into see them whenever I can but the more I talk to her about it, she is really putting me off.  Plus there's the problem that I can't drive and actually work in Exeter.  I know she says Wayne's happy to drive me, but what about when he's got his headaches what then??  They can last a while so that would leave me in a bit of a problem!!  The other day I sent her a list of available flats in Torquay and she talked to me about them saying stuff like, 'oh that one sounds dodgy all bills inclusive, that one's near the house with the murder and the drugs house, my mate lives near that one and she sees people dealing in the alleyway opposite' ~  If she hadn't said stuff like that I probably would be a 100% yeah let's do it but I can't go, can I??
 
I heard on the local radio the other day that Exeter is like one of the safest cities to be in and I know I could probably find another nice flat ~ I know vaguely at least two nice areas in the city!!  But there was a nice one that i found on the web in Torquay in a nice area ~ so says Trina ;-)  The deposits quite cheap but god knows about the rent!!
 
I just don't know what to do if they say they are definitely gonna sell it :-(  Someone tell me please lol...............
 
Anyway onto happier things ~  yesterday was a good day!!  Did my food shopping quite early (when it had finally stopped raining) and went to a bloke on the checkouts.  Usually I avoid the blokes (i'm not blokeist - just went to an annoying one once) but this one was lovely!!  He must've only been about 16/17 but I liked him - damn hormones lol..........
 
Later during the day Trina and I met Bev - an old school friend - we sat in the bus station cafe for about 4 hours catching up on all the goss!!  We walked around town as it was gettin' a bit stuffy and ended up at a juice bar in the shopping centre.  Two blokes were workin' there and as Bev was getting her smoothie I said to Trina that they were both rather nice and one in particular had a nice rear end lol..........I think he must've heard me as Trina said he had been giving me the eye............Naturally I disagreed with her, but it does give you a nice feelin to think he might have been!!
 
Once Bev had gone - Trina, Wayne and myself went for Fish and Chips in a shop that my team leader says she goes to.  We brought them back here and ate them whilst watching Dr Who and then saw the cuffle on the lottery - that was funny!!  Just at that moment we were having a debate as to whether it was live or not lol..........Trina looked a bit silly when the fathers for justice came on!!
 
Wayne suggested we went bowling, so we did :-)  All 3 of us managed to get strikes at one point or another.  The first game we played there was only a couple of points between Wayne and myself, the second game there was only a couple of points between Trina and myself.  We then sat in the bar and had a drink :-)  After that they went home and I watched the scores on the eurovision - well done finland!!  Really do think england should do a rock song next year!!
 
Well I better go to bed ~ so until next time take care peeps xx
I shall try and keep you updated with what's happening aka the flat situation!!
 
Best wishes

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only a wireless alert here! It must be a pain wondering what the landlord's up to, why can't people come right out and tell you. It's your home so you have a right to know! Glad you had a good weekend and hope if it comes to it you can find a nice flat. Jeannette xx

Anonymous said...

Idont suppose you could afford to buy it could you Oh isnt it unsettleing for you ,Idont know what to suggest short of looking for some where else .........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Jeez! it must be a nightmare not knowing what they're planning with the flat. Maybe you should just flat out ask them?
As for the moveto Exeter, maybe you could get somewhere closer and then if you don't like it, move again. A bit hectic I know but at least that way you'll be able to get about and view the second place? and you may be limited for choices if they sell up on the quick.
Whatever the outcome, enjoy your long weekend before you start woryying too much about it. Hopefully the sun will remember how to get it's hat on by then! B. x

Anonymous said...

A dilema on the moving Jen, am afraid it's something you have decide, headaches and everything. Maybe they will keep your flat as a flat and you just have a different, kind, considerate, caring, muchly appreciative of your looking after the place so well kind of guy a a landlord. Rache

Anonymous said...

My first answer in your diary. Think you know who I am regarding my name ;-)   I hope you can stay in your flat when the house is sold. Moving to Torquay, living nearby your best mate will be fun. But it sounds not very practical for your working life at the moment. I wouldn´t like to depend on others to get to work. Can´t you rent a flat half the way to exeter and Torquay and go to work by train everyday? Maybe this would be an option?  Coops xx

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your flat as I know you love staying there. Hope you can make your own decision what to do not be forced into anything you may regret LOve Joan.

Anonymous said...

Do it, make a new start in a loverly area. I'd sell my right arm to go

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen - bad news about the flat, but then these things have a reason for happening, moving you on with your life etc.    Torquay is lovely and how nice it would be to live near your best girlie - but only you can decide, write a litst of all the good things about it and then a list of all the bad things about it.....that helps me to get things clear in my mind - and then i jus do what my intuition tells me !!!!
Great idea to have Friday off.... hmmmmm now i might do that !
Have a fab weekend
Luv Jayne x

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen,

What a shame about your flat.  That happened to Danny in his last place, but they were really good about him moving out and kept him informed all the way.  Have you thought about learning to drive and then moving to Torquay?  I know it`s a lovely place, even though it`s very hilly. :o)

Sandra xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Bad news about the flat, good luck in making your decisions about where to go though xx

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, shame you have to move and it's going to be a tough decision. Still, at least you're going in the right direction with the younger bloke thing! :o)
http://journals.aol.co.uk/irisclyde/LaDolceVita

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a fab weekend!  Shame, though, that you might end up moving....hope it all gets sorted out easily.  I watched the whole of Eurovision this year...can't say I was all that impressed though!