Thursday 9 February 2006

Not much to say

Hi everyone :-)  Hope your all ok!! Wow lots of comments on the last entry - guess the alert went out on that one LOL............Thank you very much for the comments as usual!!

I don't really have anything to say but I thought I'd do an entry anyway so I warn you now it may be boring!  My neck is slightly better.  @ Mark - my team leader has something similiar (the heat pack thingy) and we joked that if it hurt too much I would have to go to hers and try it out LOL........She said she would lend it to me but I don't have a microwave!!  I am due to get one though Yay!!

Work is going along slowly - is it not Friday yet?? Only a couple of hours to go LOL........not sure what I'm gonna do at the weekend.  Think I might venture into town and visit Iceland and see what offers they have at the mo!!  Usually I go to sainsbugs for my shopping but fancy a change this week.  (I did warn you I don't have anything to say LOL)

Last night I watched 2 fast 2 furious and realised about halfway through the film that I haven't seen the first one.  It was alright I suppose!!

It's cold tonight huh?  I only have the one heater on though!  My lights keep flickering so I've got the candle and lighter out in case they go and flip the electric switch thingy like they have in the past.  Usually it's in the morning but I need to be prepared for the evening!!  Haven't had to change a light bulb for ages.

I'm still managing to stay away from coughs, colds etc at the moment.  Perhaps it's because apart from work I've not really been venturing out into germ riddled places - who knows!!  I'm certainly very lucky *touch wood* ;-)

One of the girls at work has been offered another job that she had an interview for yesterday.  I got the jobs paper last night and there were a couple of interesting ones in there.  One working for the police force which looked interesting so I might look into that!!  There was also one for the water company but it's not showing on their website grrrrrrr.......

Oooooo talking about the water it was contaminated with diesel, don't ask me how I haven't worked that one out.  Apparently they've given the all clear today but it'll still smell like diesel - thank goodness I missed out on that one!  Talking of news items down this area, a statue of some famous history blokie was errected in his birth town today.  Apparently it was funded by some tobacco company and people are up in arms about that.  When they interviewed the locals they were like 'so......who cares?' What a good attitude they have :-)

Well I reckon I've bored you enough............

just before I go here's another picture of the area........an older one I found on the devon records website.

Apparently that's in the city somewhere but I can't picture it - it clearly doesn't look like that anymore LOL.

Well take care everyone.

Best wishes

p.s I forgot to mention my counter - it's been banished I cannot be bothered with it.  when I logged in earlier it was showing that 3 people had read my journal since 2004!!  Grrrrrrrrr.............

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nearly Friday :) Enjoy the weekend

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny, where in Devon are you? I love Dawlish. Also, there's a place called Becky Falls that I have been to three times and I've yet to see the falls in full flood. Seems you have worse droughts down there than we do in Essex. B. x

Anonymous said...

Nope Jen don't recognize the place either and I don't think they have free range cattle roaming about now lolol.  Hope firday goes quick and your weekend can start. Rache xx

Anonymous said...

1. An interesting entry
2. I can fix your counter
3. Iceland isn't in your town it is in the North Atlantic NW from here.
4. I don't like Queen ;)
5. Will you now ban me? ;)

Anonymous said...

It certainly is cold out now!! I want summer and I want it now!! The job with the police force might be interesting, no harm in looking into it. I lost my hit counter last week, can't be bothered to get it back!! Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen, you did not bore me at all. Saw the item on the news about Sir Walter Raliegh but not only did he bring back tobacco he also brought back the humble potato and where would we be without that. Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

That was a smashing entry Jen ,saw the item on Sir Walter Raliegh too,Iwould look into the police force job ,now that would be interesting ,pleased your neck is getting better ,............Jan xx

Anonymous said...

cool entry, have a lovely weekend :).................Jules xxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/

Anonymous said...

the police job sounds interesting you should go for it...Glad to hear your neck is getting better :o)  Have a great weekend   Caff xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen
Gosh that Diesel thingy was awful, hope you didn't drink any of it ..........you must live near me then!    Good luck with the job hunting, the right one will come along eventually.  My counter keeps resetting itself (its haunted i think...lol)
Jayne x

Anonymous said...

LOL it was an interesting entry Jen - I like Sainsbugs best too!! LOL - I used to like Asda but we dont have one near us anymore - nearest is in Eastbourne about half an hour away. Glad your neck is feeling better! Laine xxxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/elainey2465/MyArtWorld/

Anonymous said...

I've been to Devon! And it's next to Cornwall! (I've obviously doing too much knitting) It's reminding me that I want to move out of London, but like getting a new job, there are always ifs and buts! Hope you're having a good w/e.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/irisclyde/LaDolceVita

Anonymous said...

Hope your neck continues to improve.    I got my first microwave about 6 or 7 years ago.   I don't use my oven anymore, as I buy frozen meals that just take a few minutes in the microwave.   I also have a hot plate and with them I save money on electricity by not using my electric oven.   I am not bored by reading about someone daily life, and who lives a life of constant excitement, not me for sure.   I do a lot of reading and that is about it for the last several months.   mark

Anonymous said...

Watered down diesel, whatever next!  You'll all be drinking down the pumps at Tesco's next!  Sounds like a case of illegal dumping or something and a bit worrying to say the least.
Take care

G