Monday 13 February 2006

More Inane Chatter

Hi everyone - welcome to another week.  Hope you all had a good weekend :-)

I figured it was time for some more inane chatter from me.  Let's see what I can go on about tonight. LOL.......I've currently got the TV on as I was hoping to watch some of the figure skating at the Olympics.  I'm starting to get into skating what with that programme on Saturday nights.  I only started to watch it last week and I found it very good, wish I had watched from the beginning but oh no, I figured it would just be another pain in the behind reality programme.  (Talking of them have you seen an ad for the new one on BBC??  What a load of rubbish!!)  still i missed out didn't I??

I've had an okay weekend.  I went up to the range yesterday in the attempt to get some stuff I need for the flat but everything I saw I came up with some excuse or reason not to get it.  In the end I walked out with a can of coke, some chocolate and some strips that mark the page in your book.  I give up on myself when it comes to spending money.  My ex grilled it into me that we never needed a book or a video coz we had tons at home that we can read and watch etc.......so I've got that in my head everytime I go and buy something.  Also I owe quite a bit of money to Trina so I have that stopping me too.  I wish I could just win the lottery and pay her back.  Got two numbers on Saturday LOL...........

Also on Saturday I decided that as I was flipping the mattress and changing the duvet cover I would move my bed round.  It does look a lot better where it is now but it wasn't half strange sleeping the other way round, I didn't get to sleep till half two on Saturday.

Good lord are you listening to the rules of the skating?  I think I've given up LOL........

I watched My Big Fat Greek Wedding - is it me or was it rubbish?  There was just no real plot or anywhere for it to go!!  Boring............

So far as I know the water is all okay now, for those who are interested but unfortunately there was some sad news this morning.  Apparently there was a fire last night at Paignton Zoo's Elephant and Giraffe house.  One of the giraffes and her baby both died in the fire :-(  Apparently the baby was only a few weeks old.  I've been to that particular house as I had wanted to see the elephants and my ex took a fab pic of one of the giraffes then!!  It's such sad news though!!

Work was okay today, busy but didn't really achieve much.  We had a team meeting, then the boss wanted to see each individual team seperately.  So that lasted most of the morning.  Roll on Friday is what I say........yep you've guessed it I have a day off :-)

Wish I could ice skate LOL.........I reckon if I had a go I'd probably fall over!!

So what else is there to go on about??  Did anybody watch The Virgin Queen?  That was very good wasn't it!!

Well I have no idea what else to drone on about.  I'm sure there was more but I really can't think of it............

Till next time.  I hope you receive a lot of Valentines cards, I know I won't ;-)  This is the one I wish to send:  lol

Take care everyone xx

 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh go on if you can afford it you've earned it treat your self .......Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny, awww do you know what when I watch that ice skating I so wish I could do that too!! Doesnt it look lovely!!! I love it - totally addicted to it!!! Take care Love Laine xxxx

Anonymous said...

I wish I had the skill to stay upright going forward on skates.

Anonymous said...

The Virgin Queen was great Jen, good to see Dexter Fletcher in something again.  So sad for the Giraffes. You'll get used to sleeping the wrong way round lolol Awww I love your Valentine, I won't be getting any, and if you don't I'm sure someone out there has it in their hand..........just not the nerve to post it. Rache xx

Anonymous said...

I used to roller skate everywhere when I was a kid, never tried ice skating.....too cold on the ice for me!! Hope you have a good week. I did an entry last night and AOL didn't give an alert for it, not even a stupid wireless alert thingy!! I'm getting paranoid over it now!! Jeannette. http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels

Anonymous said...

Hi  enjoying the skating at the Olympics and on Satudays. I used to skate when I was younger would still like to have one more try but I might do myself a mischief. Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

I love when you natter ;)

Anonymous said...

I quite liked ice skating the other week and amazingley i kept on my feet more than i fell on the ice!  Love the ice skating program on Saturday but i think Bonnie has an unfair advantage of being a professional dancer.  Go give it a whirl, you might enjoy it.

Jo xxx

Anonymous said...

I like your chatter Jenny, and the ice skating was funny - especially when they fell over LOL - that would be me too !! Have a good week
Love Debbie xx
PS How's your neck now ??
http://journals.aol.com/debbiewebb4465/TheLifeTimesofanEssexGirl

Anonymous said...

I love watching the skating...the new rules for the proper stuff is confusing...Love reading your inane chatter too :o)   Caff xxx

Anonymous said...

I hope your neck has gotten better by now.   I have been having some problems due to arthritis which have had me down during the weather changes.   I am sorry to read about the Giraffes being killed due to the fire.   Arson may be the reason that 11 horses in their stable were killed several weeks ago near here.   Though it is not the same as human life,  it hurts me to think of animals suffering.   I get poor reception of the channel with the Winter Olympics so I have just been watching the events shown on other channels.   Wishing you a late Valentine's Day and hope that by next year you will have found a sweetheart to share it with.   mark