Tuesday 7 February 2006

In Pain

Evenin' everyone - are you out there??  I see these alerts are still messing us around *rolls eyes* I shan't moan on about them.

I wasn't gonna do an entry tonight but thought I would just moan about how I'm in pain.  I think it must be the way I'm sleeping coz my neck hurts.  Monday it was the left side of my neck and today it was the right side and it still hurts.  When I sat up in bed this morning, I couldn't lie back down.  I'm not looking forward to going to bed this evening, but I've given up some of my pillows so hopefully that will work :-)

Trina did some research for me about the job with the Records office and this is the response she got...........

 Thank you for your email.
 
If your friend is interested in becoming an archivist, she will need a good first degree and a postgraduate diploma or MA in archive adminsitration. We do not have any jobs which are purely administration. We have two clerical officers/receptionists, four archives assistants, six archivists, one research archivist and a research assistant and three conservators. All these jobs need qualifications and/or experience. I suggest that your friend gets in touch with us herself so that we can arrange a date for her to visit and discuss her career options.

So there you go!!  I looked into this and the only place that does that particular course is a uni in Wales.  To get onto the course you have to have a degree - I think this is yet another pipe dream gone out the window. LOL

Today was J's birthday at work, he's 30.  Oh my god what a fuss!!  balloons, banners etc.  Then the main boss gave him his pressie in a presentation stylee..  I said to M & P that I do not want that for my 30th and they agreed quite happily.  We'll just go for a drink at lunchtime - providing I'm still there of course LOL.......Who knows what could happen in a year and a bit!!

The only major news here is that some of the city is without water.  They are having to get it from central places.  It's been contaminated since Sunday night.  Apparently they are all gonna get around £10 each - whoopee, £10 isn't gonna go far in today's economy is it??  Luckily I'm ok with my water!!

Well I shall leave you here!!  Sorry if I'm moaning too much on my journal lately - it certainly feels like I am.  To make up for it I shall share a picture of my area that I found on the BBC site earlier..............

ugh valentines day - sorry the radio just mentioned it!!

Well take care everyone...........I shall try and be more positive in my next entry I promise!!  ;-)

Best wishes

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your alerts are back to normal my end...I've been told some of mine are now going *wireless* LOL...Shame about that job you want and only being one uni that does the course...Lovely pic of where u live :o)   Caff xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny, don't worry about the moans, we all do it. It's your journal, you write whatever you like. If it gets it off your chest, all the better.
From what I've seen, everyone in J-land seems to understand this. Maybe that's what makes us grow so close so quickly. Hope you feel better soon. B. x

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny, don't worry about moaning - we wouldn't be human if we didn't do it !! Having less pillows on your bed should defo help. I took a coupla mine off because I was having the same probs as you - and it worked for me - no more neck ache in the mornings !! Glad you liked recipe and you're brave for trying haggis !! The girls would never forgive me if I tried feeding em that LOL (although it's probably lovely??!!)
Take care, Love Debbie xx
http://journals.aol.com/debbiewebb4465/TheLifeTimesofanEssexGirl

Anonymous said...

We all moan, it's our privilege!! I sometimes get a stiff neck from sleeping awkwardly, it lasts a few days and I know how much it hurts. Sorry about the job, it seems to want a lot of qualifications doesn't it? I love that view of your area, very pretty! I got a proper alert for you for this one!! Jeannette.  

Anonymous said...

Aww Jen I hope the neck don't hurt this morning.  That's a lovely picture you're sharing, you live in a wonderful area. Happy birthday to J, I'm not one for fuss either I'd slip out to the pub lolol. Rache xx

Anonymous said...

Aww Jen, sometimes it's good to moan. Hope your neck feels beter soon xx

Anonymous said...

Great picture of your area ,hope the pain in the neck ,sorted it self out it could well be to  many pillows,or are you in a draught any where?,are you going to get in touch with the records office ?you never know ?............Jan xx  

Anonymous said...

never give up on a dream - ever!

Anonymous said...

I am sure you will get there one way or another, never give up. Hope your neck feels better soon............Jules xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the qualification thingy its just a pain. Love the new picture you have put up in the side bar. Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen,  I think I`m really behind with your journal.  I don`t think I`ve had an alert from you for ages.  I was only wondering why the other day..hmmm, flipping AOL!  So don`t think I`ve been ignoring you.  I hope your neck feels better, take care and I`m off to read some of your other entries. :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

ditto with the ugh about valentines day.  Silly time of year when everyone gets all spoony and say 'I love you' on this special day.  What about the other 364 days then?  Ooops, sorry me getting all cynical again!  Sorry you're in pain, hope it goes away and a degree to put files away and dig 'em out.  Barmy, just plain bonkers.

Take care

G x

Anonymous said...

There's nothing wrong with Wales! Only joking! (well, there IS nothing wrong with Wales).. Seems to study for a degree you need a degree these days! It's ridiculous isn't it, and yet employers are saying that even the degree students aren't up to scratch now....where will it all end, soon you'll need a Phd to get a job in Aldi's! (see how I didn't mention Tesco's there?) I wanted to, but I'm hoping for a job there when I graduate in September and I don't want to spoil my chances!! You're a bit young to remember, but my anthem is an old reggae song 'You can get it if you really want!'.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/scaptainscreamer/mentalhealthnurse/

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny     I viewed your sidebar with your photo and you look great.   I am honored that you included me on your journal links also.   Concerning your neck pain, I have a heating pad that allows a moist cloth to be placed on it and when I am having severe neck pain it helps.  It will loosen the tight muscles.    Having to have degrees to pursue your desired career field is difficult.   I have had some improvement with my health since my minor shoulder surgery to remove a lump.   My shoulder feels much better and my left hand is no longer numb and "falling asleep" anymore.   Great photo of the area where you live.    mark