Sunday 17 April 2005

Work is coming.....argh!!

An update is well overdue me thinks, I was gonna do one yesterday but in the end couldn't be bothered ha ha.....there's honesty for you ;-)

How's your weekend going?  Mine hasn't been too bad.  The mission for the weekend was to buy some bags for my vaccum cleaner.  So off I trundled up town in the lovely sunshine yesterday.  Visited adams housewares shop (or at least I think it's called that lol) found the bags and started sifting through them, only to be interupted by this member of staff.  To cut a long story short she asked if I wanted help, I said I was looking for new bags for make AFK and she'd never heard of it, and that was that.  I came out of the shop thinking how unhelpful, she didn't even offer an alternative.  I mean I could remember vaugely the type of bag I was looking for but oh no she didn't wanna know.

I brought some new boots for work as last week I found out my old ones were broken grrr....more expense!  Found a market stall that sells vaccum bags, no luck there either!!  I was about to ring Trina in frustrated tears moaning about how I'd spent my money on a crappy hoover that nobody does the bags for and I'd have to borrow hers every two weeks.  I didn't though and decided to wait until I got home when I would look for the instructions.  So I went to Iceland and then home!

Decided to unload the 'cupboard that people should just not look in' and get to the hoover box.  Guess what............2 not 1!!  but 2!!  spare bags and the instructions.  Relief doesn't even come close to what I was thinking and feeling lol......so I've got a spare one now to venture back to those unhelpful people and see if they've got some like it :-)  see I'm not just a pretty face (yeah as if!!)

Today the weathers been awful here, so I hoovered (yay) and watched TV, read and spent some time on the computer.  I've also been watching some of the films I've borrowed from mum.  Wimbledon - pretty crap actually, there wasn't really a story and Kirsten Dunst should just give up!!  Garfield - really enjoyed this much to my surprise.  Loved Garfield when I was growing up and Bill Murray's voice suits him!!  Definitely reccommend!!  Lazy day :-)  The best around!!  Although I did do some tidying up.  Always looks better when I get round to it!!

I'm not looking forward to this coming week at work, it's at least another 4 days before we get the next bunch of accounts and we've chased everything at least twice already and we're not getting much post - so I can just see us sitting there bored!!  When we do get the accounts I'll have another week before two full weeks off!! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy!!  Can you tell I'm looking forward to it??!!  Nah, didn't think so!!

The other day I stayed on a little later at work and Dave and Rich started talking about their next night out.  Their planning to go to the imperial (i've never been there!) well they are going sometime after payday on a friday.  Eventually they asked if I would like to go and I said that I couldn't if they go within the first two weeks of may.  When they asked why I said I was off on hols.  Dave asked where I was going, and I said, nowhere, probably going red faced which is typical of me.  I have nothing to hide but me being a queen fan is like my alter ego and I never put that across in real life situations.  I know this journal and you people who read it are real life but it's different.  Writing what you are and saying it are two different things.  Maybe it's because you don't gain people's true reactions to something that you've typed.......oh who knows!!  The look on his face though when he wondered what I was up to was classic lol...........I assumed that they all knew!!  Besides I over heard Dave and Lisa talk about Queen once and they both said they didn't like 'em so that was another thing that put me off saying anything!!

I think I've said everything I've wanted to - oh, not that your interested but I managed to download the original version of seagull yesterday and I really do like that song, I think it's gonna go up there with my other faves :-)

Have a good week everyone and think of me being bored won't ya? lol.......

Take care

Jen xx 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tidying up can be quite satisfying, once you get going! Most shop assistants are not very helpful, but they might be just bored with their jobs. I know what you mean about showing your real self. The only people who know about my journal are my sons and I doubt it whether they read it, which is probably why I told them about it. That & the fact that J helps me with pc queries! They probably just say to themselves: there there mum, whatever keeps you happy!!
If you get too bored at work, get a notebook and stat making notes for your journal and that will really get them wondering what you're up to!!
http://journals.aol.co.uk/irisclyde/GeminiTaurusRising/

Anonymous said...

Lol at the hoover bag story, that happened to me too!!  I thought I had a crappy hoover that no one made bags for, but I found them eventually :o)
Hope your week at work is better than you think it will be.  I don't tell people I know some of the things I like doing either, people don't even know I write a journal!!  
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

They DON`T like Queen?  Unbelievable!  I had a look on the web to see if there is anyone who makes those bags you need.  A few companies sell AFK`s including Comet`s.  If they don`t they will probably have an alternative if you take the bagf with you.  Good luck, but have you tried re-using the bags ?   Sandra xxx

Anonymous said...

You must have been so relieved when you found those spare bags! Isn't life complicated these days though - so many different bits and pieces for so many different machines! And no one ever has the bit you need!

David.

Anonymous said...

Typical isn't it that you find spare bags after you have wasted time shopping for them.  Hope you find some replacement ones for the future though.

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of an old entry I wrote last year: http://journals.aol.co.uk/tommytickla/Thinkbigthoughts/entries/49
Now we find out that the vacuum cleaner he brought last year on a cheap offer, they've stopped making bags for. That says it all for cheap offers.

End of year accounts.... I'd rather file them in the river to be honest.