Thursday 7 April 2005

Random Ramblings

It's only me

What is up with this weather?  Yesterday I was convinced I had to get the bus to work, so I trundle up to the bus stop.  To get to work by bus I have to catch two buses.  So I thought I'd heard that it was gonna rain all day I better get returns on the bus.  So I'm standing there waiting for the bus, one comes along and goes past...grrrrr.....

Eventually one turns up (round about the time I'm debating walking), and I get the return and it costs me 1 pound 55 p.  So get to town and wait for the next bus.  This one costs me 1 pound 30p *shock* I worked it out when I got to work that by walking to work everyday I save myself 14 pounds and 25p can you believe that??  Even if I was to get a weekly ticket that costs around 9/10 pounds - what a rip off!!  It's a good job I enjoy walking isn't it

;-)

Was talking to Richard today apparently his probation month is up soon.  He doesn't feel very optimistic about it.  I don't think I would be staying very long if I was in his shoes (I know I keep saying it, but it's true) he was telling me things we should check today that even I didn't know about!!  Pauline's been alright this week but I bet she changes next week when the team leaders back.  Tomorrow it's just me and her lol......

Saturday is grand national day - are you gonna have a flutter?  We've got a sweepstake going at work.  Only coz me and Pauline badgered Jez into doing it LOL......poor bloke he organised red nose day in the office too.  I've got two horses so far (I may pick another one tomorrow!!) I've picked Jakari and Spot the Difference.  According to the BBC website they are both up in the odds, not very good ones of course.....  Can't wait to watch it though.  I shall be going round Trina's on Saturday so I expect we'll watch it.  We did last year it was quite a good laugh, but of course my horse fell 3 fences from the end I was not amused but also slightly worried for the horse and jockey (they don't half fall badly during that race!)

The new book I'm reading is by Caro Fraser called A Little Learning.  It's a very easy book if you know what I mean......Oh and by the way when I said that I read the book when cycling the bike was not moving - after all I was in the gym peeps ;-)

Last night Trina's bloke's brother came round and picked up the single bed that I'd borrowed when I moved in.  It's amazing there seems to be a lot of space in this room now! It kinda feels empty to be honest.  I think I need to get the table from mum's house as soon as possible :-)

The swans have made a nest by the river and someones put a rather flimsy net round it.  The nest is huge!!  Shall keep an eye out for the eggs though.  Just coz I'm nosey not coz I'm into stealin' or anything in case any of you think that......

Well I don't know what else to mention.......

Speak to you all again soon.

Take care

Jen xx  

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't resist Footballers' Wives!! Sooo over-the-top......I think! Walking's good for you, shame about the weather though!
http://journals.aol.co.uk/irisclyde/GeminiTaurusRising/

Anonymous said...

Grand national day?  what is that?  similar to a steeplechase or point to point race?  I get very excited about the Triple Crown here!  My grandma and I used to bet each other on them, she'd always pick a gray horse.  I am going to have a flutter :)
Have a wonderful weekend Jen!
xoxo~Bernadette

Anonymous said...

What IS up with the weather?  Just a minute ago hubby shouted up the stairs that it`s snowing outside!  Whats going on?!  I`m glad I don`t have to get buses anymore.  I think its cheaper to run my little Clio!   :-)   Sandra xxx

Anonymous said...

Bacon and swans eggs? Bird nest soup? No, it'll be the ugly duckling.

Anonymous said...

Yes the weather is complete tosh i hate it. I'm sitting here now with bright sunshine and yesterday it rained and snowed????
Never done the grand national, never really bet on anything. Hope ya win!

http://journals.aol.co.uk/watsbre/Brettthedonsdiary/

Anonymous said...

With all that walking and cycling you must be super fit!
I didn't think you'd be after stealing the eggs ;o)
Sara   x