Sunday 24 April 2005

Loadsa news

 Everyone!!!

So how are you all?  I'm good quite a bit to update you on so here goes!!

Friday - Oh my gosh!!  Richard had a meeting with a high up kinda person and it turns out he's being moved to another department!  I actually think that was quite nice of them coz I was so sure he was gonna be sacked or something!  Of course this does mean that on the 3rd May there will only be 3 of us in the team and there will be a lot more pressure on me!  Up until now I've felt kinda relaxed coz I'm not the permanent member of the team so most of the phone calls were put through to Rich or Pauline, but without him, (and especially now the accounts have arrived), it's technically just me and Pauline working through them and phone calls.  Team Leader is still there but she has more complicated stuff to do!!  I've not been told whether they are gonna find someone else or what - the thought has crossed my mind whether they would offer it to me but so far they haven't!  If they are advertising I don't think I'll go for it - Yes the money is good but I can't stand the job not really!!

The thing I'm most shocked at during this whole escapade though is how much Pauline has changed.  Her and team leader were acting like they had taken something on Friday.  It was quite nice and very relaxed.  Pauline has never liked Rich and it's certainly showing!!  They haven't planned any of this very well though coz I'm off for two weeks a week tomorrow - woohoo

It was raining pretty much all day Friday so I took the bus home.  Stopped off in Sainsbugs to get some shopping and then went into Woolworths to get some chocolate.  As I was standing there choosing what I wanted this bloke started banging things around.  It made me nervous standing next to him so I wandered off.  When he moved I went back, I was just choosing something when he came back.  He slammed something else down so I sneaked a look at him.  Just as I did I saw him stick 3 bars of kitkats into his carrier bag.    I couldn't believe it!!  I felt guilty justfor witnessing it - it's the first time I've ever witnessed someone stealing!!  I didn't tell anyone - do you think I should've?  I figured there was no point coz he looked like a homeless person or something like that and by the time I had he would've been long gone anyway!!

Saturday - Got my haircut, some shopping, cleaned the flat.  Trina and Wayne came round and we went up to mum's to get my table - finally!!  It was a good laugh at mum's - megan throw a wobbly not speaking to anyone and guess what?  she's only gone and disowned me!!  I have a feeling it's greg's fault.  Apparently when he went up to see them he took some Simpsons dvds, (megs likes the simpsons), when she wouldn't say goodbye to him, he took them home with him.  She was not amused!!  She's also got a t-shirt that says sister for sale on it lol................such a shame they couldn't get one in a larger size ;-)

Table managed to fit in their car, so we came back to mine.  Wayne played on the ps2 whilst I showed Trina all the stuff I've downloaded.  Then we watched my DVD of Monty Python and the holy grail.  I've had it for yonks - I remember buying it from this cash shop kinda place and it wasn't that expensive.  Well I knew that it had all these extras on it so we watched that and laughed so much it hurt to breathe!!  Seriously if you have it or know someone that does watch the lego bit.  They have recreated the knights at the round table song in lego - it is flippin' hysterical!!  Rest of the evening I spent downloading!!  When I went to bed though I heard some really weird noises and I got really scared and froze in bed and couldn't move.  Sounded like someone ran down underneath the archway next to my bedroom.  Then I heard lots of strange banging noises and it really did sound like they were coming from my flat!!  I think my neighbour is away and I don't like it when she's away - I mean yeah, I can play my music a bit louder but it's the comfort thing you know...........

Today - I've done nothing today.  Well I've downloaded some more - can't tell you what coz it's a surprise for Trina if I can make it work grrr.......and she often reads my journal!!  I've also written a letter, not typed, written!!  Can you believe it!!  I can't lol!!  I love my table, it's next to the computer desk for something extra to lean on and put things :-)  I remembered earlier that on Friday at work I said something about getting in earlier this week coming lol......why did I do that?  To show willing I guess!!  Don't think I can start it on a Monday - certainly not on gym day!!  Bad enough I have to stay till 5 anyway, but at least we'll be busy with the accounts :-)  Only a week to go YAY!!

Well I hope you all have a good week!!  Oh, I've just remembered two more things I was gonna say.  1) One swan couple have laid six eggs.  I sure hope they live.  Last year I remember reading about all the atrocities that happened to the swans not long after they gave birth.  Apparently there is some group looking out for them - I hope it works.  I kinda do that when I walk past in the day.  They are lovely creatures.  2)  I've noticed there is a ghostie theme running through some journals.  I remembered that I have a Ghastly and ghostly tales from Devon so if any of you are interested in reading some of that I shall put some of it on here!! Make a change wouldn't it :-)

Well take care peeps

Jen xx 

P.s if anyone knows if that wamyward (i think that's their name) has a journal can someone give me a link?  They left a really strange comment to my last entry!!  Thanks xx

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy new table at last, I'm hoping Rich is happier where he is.  Had to smile at the sis thing.......fell out with mine on a daily basis but soon made up.  Got yourself a holiday soon too, always good news.  I find sounds travel more at night, things farther away seem close, I'd be frozen though even with knowing that, am a whimp lolol. ~xxR

Anonymous said...

You have certainly had an eventful week and you sound happy! Glad about the table.  I think I would have had to have reported that man. He could be doing it in many shops every day and that helps to put prices up.  Never mind, I can understand how you felt.  Have a great week xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Having one less in the team at work might mean fewer days of boredom at least. That shoplifter bloke sounds a bit of a nutter - banging things around and drawing attention to himself like that, when he's in the process of thieving! Perhaps he actually wanted to be reported - so he could get a warm dry cell for the night, and free meals. You never know!

David.

Anonymous said...

Too funny about the sister for sale shirt!  I definitely could have used one when I was younger :)  Poor swans, they are gorgeous.  There's a lovely house down the road from us that sits up on a hill and they have a beautiful private lake right in front with 2 swans...i've never seen another duck or any geese, just those 2 swans.  They are beautiful creatures!
Have a lovely week!
xoxo~Bernadette

Anonymous said...

Do post your ghostly stories.  As you probably know I do them all the time.  Sometimes I even scare myself whilst typing them out! lol  I saw a shoplifter was and I felt sorry for her so I kept quiet, mind you, I was gobsmacked to see it happen, so I couldn`t speak anyway  lol !  I haven`t heard of that screenname, I looked it up in the directory and there was nothing there with that name...sorry! :-)

Sandra xxx

Anonymous said...

Ooh, you know I went and had a nose at that comment, very strange!!
I once - in Marks & Spencers - walked out of the shop with a loaf of bread under my arm.  Had been distracted by yukka plant, deciding whether to buy one or not!  Got half way up the road, realised what I had done and went all the way back to pay for it ;o)  I knew I would have felt sooo guilty if I hadn't!  Maybe the guy just needed reminding that he wasn't a salmon!
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

Quite an eventful time you've had! (Yoda-speak??) Coincidentally, I've posted photos of some swans that I met on Sunday! I think I would have been too shocked to report the shop-lifter too.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/irisclyde/GeminiTaurusRising/