Tuesday 26 April 2005

Less than a week

Hi peeps - I thought I'd treat you to another entry :-)  Mainly because so many things seem to have gone wrong and it's only Tuesday LOL...........Still I'm smiling so that's gotta be a good sign!! 

Firstly lets start with yesterday.  Wasn't a bad day work wise, went to the gym afterwards.  Managed 1/2 an hour on the bike again decided to listen to my walkman whilst I was in there coz the local radio station gets on my wick with all the adverts!!!  Anyway finished there, walked home, got the bike out and cycled round to Sainsbury's to get something for me to be able to complete Trina's surprise.  Spent 8 quid I really could've done without spending and decided to cycle home a different way coz the first way was really muddy and as my bike lives indoors didn't wanna get the tyres dirty again.  So I cycle up one of these kind of back lanes.  Buses and emergency vehicles go through it but cars aren't supposed to!!  Anyway so I'm cycling along the pavement which has a barrier on the side of it and I'm coming up to an obstruction.  A piece of metal on one side sticking out and the barrier on my other side.  I've gone through it before on the bike so knew it would fit through.  Misjudged the distance though didn't I??!!  Handlebar hit the jutting out bit, bike stops moving, I'm flung forward and hit myself on the middle part of the handlebars.   All I can say is now I know what a bloke feels like when he gets hit in the privates.  Ooo the obscenities that where coming out of my mouth lol.......Glad I had my helmet on I could've done further damage if I hadn't stopped myself!!  Luckily no-one was around!!  You should see the bruise - it's nasty!!

So I get home and try and do Trina's surprise.  Guess what?? Didn't work did it!!  So I ring her and tell her what it is coz frustration has got the better of me!!  I downloaded the gig we went too and I was gonna copy it of and give it to her to listen to next week!  Well the thought was there.  I haven't given up though I'm still trying to work out what's gone wrong!!  I would love to get it off the computer.  Talking of my computer - I was reading the journals last night and aol breaks down and wouldn't let me log back on.  That freaked me out coz I love the internet and without it I would be lost!!

Today work wise has been ok!!  For me anyway - some of my colleagues couldn't log into the system and it's been a bit of a pain for them.  Keep mentioning the fact I'm on hols for two weeks from Monday :-)  Team Leader asked where the gigs were so I told her, and Pauline said 'is it the same gig every time' and I was like 'yeah pretty much.' She said that if any of them feel ill I could stand in for them.........as funny as this was I like her thinking - get me backstage wouldn't it ;-)  lol..................

So I get home, check aol - everythings fine *phew* Decided to copy of some other tracks for myself and it's done exactly the same to them which is really weird.  Mind baffling I tell ya!!

I go to sit down and eat my tea and turn the lights on for the frontroom and the fuse goes.  I couldn't believe it - with the luck I've been having the past day I broke down and cried - I'm not ashamed to admit it because I pulled myself back together and went and fixed that damn fuse.  :-)

Just makes you wonder what's gonna happen tomorrow!!  Or maybe I shouldn't say that *touches wood*

Just think though this time next week I would either be leaving the newcastle arena place or still be inside listening to that glorious sound :-)  Cannot wait!!

Hope your all having a better week than me!

Take care

Jen xx

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The excitement builds!!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad it was no worse and that you are o.k.  What a day you have had.

Anonymous said...

Ouch!! for the mishap on the bike, I've gone over the handle bars on one once, not pleasant.  You have so much energy Jen........can you bottle it and send some to me lolol.  Hope you have a mishap free day, keep smiling.~xxR

Anonymous said...

What a week chicka!
Ouch for the handlebar incident.
Sometimes a good cry is just what you need, to release tension etc.  I'm glad you felt better after, and that you're still smiling :o)
Hoping the rest of your week is fantastical, to make up for all the things that have gone wrong!
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

Oh dear... what a start to your week.  I`m sure it can only get better! I`m glad it wasn`t worse when you `crashed` your bike, also glad I`m not a bloke  lol, the thought makes my eyes water !  lol :-)  Sandra xxx

Anonymous said...

Must have given you an awful shock, that prang with your bike. Glad you weren't hurt as badly as you could have been - but that bruise sounds nasty. Let's hope the rest of the week passes quietly for you - and then you're off - free as a bird! Do hope it all goes well and you have a great time!

David.

Anonymous said...

Have only just caught up, hope that bruise is going and that you feel ok. Look forward to hearing about your time off and your adventues!! Hope it's really good.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/irisclyde/GeminiTaurusRising/