Sunday 10 April 2005

An entry in two parts!!

Happy Part of Entry!!

Hey all fellow journalers :-)  How are you?  Yesterday I went to Torquay to see Trina.  A few weeks ago I'd heard an advert for Living Coasts on the radio and they mentioned that they now let the penguins walk free round the attraction.  Oooo I thought I wanna see that, so I mentioned it to Trina on the phone one day and that's where we went yesterday.  The sun was shining but it was slightly cold.  It was a good laugh and I managed to take some pics which I thought I could put on here - aren't I kind thinking of you guys like that??  :-)

1 - Torquay coast - there is a net over living coasts hence the lines on this photo.  But I had to take a pic of the view!!

4 - 5 - proof of the penguins walking around.  Apparently those two do it the most (the bigger one was known as an emporer penguin!) It was so funny coz the little one started pecking at some of the people and I managed to get video footage of him pecking at this womans skirt.  LOL.............

6 - the guillemot/or auk.  I liked them - their plumage is rather lovely.  We saw a bit of their feeding time and as the girl was going to leave one of them stood in her way and looked up at her it was so sweet.  The good thing about the attraction is the pools of water for the birds are quite deep and they've even made it sound like the sea and put things in to make the water move up and down just like the sea.  With the guillemot's/auk's they had a bit of a waterfall every 5 mins, which provided me and Trina with high amusement.  All the birds were happily swimming near this bit and then the water would come down and they'd all scarper pretty sharpish!!

9 - 11 The seals were very noisy!!  But we did manage to see them being fed which was when I managed to snap picture 10.

12 - Myself and Trina with our purchases from the gift shop of two keyring penguins (who were later named John and Bob :-)  I did get some video footage of us too which also provided some amusement of the day.

So all in all it's very good - if you ever downthis way and like animals pay it a visit :-)

We then had some lunch in the Weatherspoons and went home to watch the Grand National.  I have absolutely no idea where Jakari went, but Spot The Difference was definitely mentioned at the end.  I couldn't believe the favourite won, that has to be a first.

Came home round about 8ish and watched Casualty and Queen Mania.  Can't believe I wasted an hour watching that!!  I was sliently impressed with Lesley Garret and G4 doing Barcelona but as the programme went on I thought it should've been called Freddie Mania.  I can understand why people do talk about him all the time but not once did Brian, Roger or John get a mention and Freddie himself said the band was made up of four equal parts.  Well not according to ITV1!!!  I really wanted to watch the show on ITV2 afterwards but I only have 4 channels so I couldn't - did anyone get to see it?  Was it good?  Oh and I did find the corrie boys hysterical - which I was quite surprised about!!

Unhappy section

The rest of last night and today I've been on a downer.  I knew it was gonna come I just wasn't quite sure when!!  After the Brixton gig I had been quite happy with life, but all of a sudden it's hit me that maybe I'm not!!  I'm sure you all get days like this!!  This ones gone from bad to worse - which I'm not gonna bore you about, I just wish I hadn't bothered getting up, even though it is a glorious day out there!!  I did go for a walk so I have enjoyed some of the sunshine!

Feeling unsure of the week ahead, but I shall grin and bare it as that is all I can do I suppose!!

Hope you all have a good week

Jen xx 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember Jen, just keep passing the open windows.  Drag it out, put it on & feel better.
Gary

Anonymous said...

Great photos, very interesting, thanks! Sounds like a good day out. Q M was a bit disappointing and the 'boys' didn't even appear!
Hope you have a good week. Maybe you're just a bit restless. Why not look for other jobs, in case something more interesting turns up? New scene, knew people? No harm looking :o)

Anonymous said...

Jen they're wonderful photo's, I like number 11.........think I may be a bit skittish if penquins were walking round my feet.  Torquay is a wonderful place........many hills though lolol.  Agree about the Queen tribute, I liked the Corrie crew too.

Having a few hmmmm days, they come and go, grin until the smile comes back.......or smirk! and maybe someone else will make you smile:) ~xxR

Anonymous said...

I love love love penguins!  What is it about those little guys that always makes me smile and go 'awww'?!
Sorry you're feeling low, you're right, we all have times like that.  I felt like that lately too, though am feeling lots better now.  (((((hugs))))) to you my dear, hope it passes for you quickly too.
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

I adore penguins. They are so cute with their little dinner suits on lol, and the furry baby seals too...aaaah... so sweet!  I`m glad you had a lovely time in Torquay  :-)   Sandra xxx

Anonymous said...

Ah yes - Torquay. All part of God's country of course - wonderful part of the country! Glad you had a nice day. But I wonder why Sunday felt so bleak for you - must have been bad for you to wish you hadn't bothered to get up. Just write about it here. When you write about stuff like that, it helps put it in perspective and often makes things seem not so bad afterwards. Hope the week is kind to you anyway.

David.

Anonymous said...

that is so brilliant having the penguins roaming round freely......Jules xxxxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/

Anonymous said...

Maybe you need a cuddle chair.....?