Sunday 3 February 2008

Work, Life and Niggles ~ just a usual entry

 Everyone :o)  How's you?

Hope you've had a good weekend ~ mine's not been too bad!!

The week had been the usual busy, busy, busy at work.   Unfortunately I have spent most of the week in a bit of state of unease and I thought I would share with you why!!  The gig on Monday, it was good but as we were sat in the upper seats of the O2 arena I didn't feel a) that I could enjoy it as I should or b) felt like I was actually part of the audience.  It was a strange feeling and I spent most of the gig watching their fans going mad and dancing.  I saw a gig on the other side and it was odd.  I expect none of that makes sense but it was strange.

Then there's this rent increase............apart from the email which told me about it I have heard nothing since!!  The agent told me he was writing to confirm ~ well shouldn't I have received this by now?  I can only think that I haven't coz there are other issues that they want to bring up!!  I know I'm an ejit for thinking like this but when it's quiet and i have a few moments to myself it niggles me at the back of my mind!!

On Monday I said something I really shouldn't have to Trina, and that was awful!!  It truely was one of those moments when you say it and realise as the words leave your mouth you shouldn't have done it!!  I have apologised to her and that helped, I had felt guilty about it ever since and that is a nasty feeling!! 

Job evaluation ~ On Wednesday the four of us in the appeal group had a meeting to discuss the sections that we want to appeal against.  Unfortunately I got narky with the other 3 about one point and couldn't shake that narkiness all day!!  I just wish we weren't appealing at all!!  Then on Thursday we met with the big boss to discuss our appeal and which sections he thinks are our strongest cases.  Unfortunately he agreed with them that we should appeal against it, not one of our strongest points but still a point!!  Grrrrrrrrrrr.............at least everything feels a bit calmer about that, well I said a bit!!  He pointed us in the right direction, which is good coz we were going in the opposite lol.........Gotta work hard towards it this week!!

This weekend I have not done a lot.  Couldn't be bothered with cleaning as much, so run the hoover around.  Watched Team America World Police (very funny film) and then went for a walk.  To Curry's to buy new headphones (only £9.99 which is good coz I had budgeted £20!!), then round the long way to Scumerfield.  They really are scumerfield coz they've stopped doing their mild curry savoury rice grrrrrrrr.........I preferred their own brand to the Batchelors stuff!!  Came home, surfed online for a while, watched some TV, had curry for tea :o) and a girlie beer which is out of date how odd!!  Watched a film with Piper Perabo on BBC2, she was doing a british accent and wasn't too bad ~ good film though can't remember the name!!  Watched City of Vice considering I had missed it on Monday.

 I didn't sleep that well last night and today I woke up about 7am ish with horrible tooth ache.  Got up and took some Ibruprofen and got back into bed, but I was worried :(  I am not registered with a dentist and can't afford it eeeek..............what am I going to do if it comes back?  It's been alright most of the day but there's a little niggle there now :(  damn it!!  I tell you if it isn't one thing it's another.............

Otherwise I watched Cars, great film :o)  Cried again when he helps the old time race car across the line instead of winning the Piston Cup!!  I am a sucker for happy endings!!  Then spent the rest of the day surfing again..........but I have been going through the recipes for low fat stuff and writing down ingredients I need and what cooking utensils I need ~ hopefully I shall attempt more!!  Well that's the plan anyway!!

Dancing on Ice was good ~ Aggie deserved to go ~ she is actually worse than Linda and I can't stand Linda lol.............I like Chris though, his routine was fun!!

Just a couple of thank you's...............to the two people who commented last time that I should get published with my writing, that was very kind and meant more to me than you could ever know xx  *big hugs* to you :-)

to joan (jaymact1) ~ thank you for the bike advice  ~ good news is the email group that I'm a member of here at the flats, well we've just received one from a bloke called John and apparently he fixes bikes and only wants a cake in return lol.........Shall email him at some point this week ~ this is an offer I cannot refuse LOL.

One last thing that niggled me this week!!  I brought most of Trina's xmas pressies from Ebay last year and one I ordered never arrived.  I kept getting messages from Ebay about leaving feedback and as I hadn't received the item I didn't want too!!  I am pretty sure I emailed the seller about not receiving it but can you adam and eve it?  I can't find the email and I've left negative feedback ~ for the first time ever!!  She has emailed me about it but i feel like a fraud in a way coz of the 'lost' email!!  I don't even care about the £3 something that she has but ..........................oh I don't know!!  Didn't like leaving negative feedback...............grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

oh and I had mackerel for tea, one of sainsbugs be good to yourself range fishcakes ~ first time ever.............it was quite nice :o)

Ok I think that's everything off my chest..........let's see what next week has to offer!!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol Jenny! Where on earth do i start with this one? I will try,tyyy6 here goes. Stop stressing. You need to take some quiet time and chill lady. It's obviously just been one of those weeks.Trina will understand I'm sure. I had a good chuckle at the store names! Chris was fab in D.O.Ice and lastly I hope the toothache eases, They sell oil of clove and toothache gel in Asda If the worst comes to the worst. Get a good sleep lamb and I'm sure next week will be just fab. Take care. Love Pam xx

Anonymous said...

Whew you had a long week with lots happening, the work stuff will hopefully sort it out, and so wi the rent stuff don't worry too much about ebay, sometimes you have to leave negative comments. Dancing on ice was good and Aggie did have to go, not a big fan of Susan Shaw I think she expects to win!! anyway have a good week.

Take care

Yasmin
xx

Anonymous said...

Sometimes no news is good news when it comes to the rent...As for Trina you guys have been buds forever, if anyone understands it's her. After the week you've had no wonder your a little off....A Cake in exchange for fixing your bike....Can't pass that one up. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

the slang lost me. :(

Anonymous said...

You have had a busy week. I missed dancing on ice last night, I dont like it as much as strictly come dancing! Hava a good week Louise xx

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a better week this week Jen.

B. x

Anonymous said...

Argh, what a unnerving week you had!  I hope this one will be better ((hugs)) I know exactly how you must feel after the comment to Trina. Hell, how often does sth like this happen(ed) to me! It´s a bad feeling. But you immediately apologized and that good! I guess Trina knows how to take it, being your true friend for such a long time. So don´t worry to much about this.

I hope that your tooth ache gets better. It´s one of the worst aches one can have I think. Last time I noticed it was a few days ago when I tried one of this yummy toffee things you and Trina sent us. Again, thanks for the package! *kiss*

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a better week...
Lyn

Anonymous said...

I do hope you have a better week ,its bodes well if the guy is gonna fix your bike in exchange for a cake souunds a good deal ,hope the tooth ache didnt come back ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny, glad you have found someone to fix your bike Stuart thought it would just be to difficult for you to do as you do need special tools to fix the bottom bracket and the chain. Let us know what was wrong. sorry you did not really enjoy your gig. Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

K-I know I'm dense-but what's girlie beer??
and thanks for the comment in my blog--he hasn't raced yet-he just got it--he hates it that the pic is of the 'former' owner racing it,LOL..sent him that online -before he got it from him...he's going to take it this spring and do time trials-I guess.At his age I think it's dumb -he's a semi driver  & if he gets hurt-he can't work...
connie

Anonymous said...

Hiya, sounds like you had a bit of a 'blah' week.  Shame about the gig - never mind, there's always the next one.  You're right, Aggie DID deserve to go - she's been getting on my nerves all along and I was glad to see the back of her.  She can't skate and she would have ended up doing herself an injury.  Chris was great though, I really enjoyed his routine, I hope he keeps it up.  yeah, those new icons I was on about are up at the top of the page - along the blue bar. At leat, I think they're new, I've only just noticed them, lol.  take care, Roobs xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/rubychalluby/my-life-on-a-plate/

Anonymous said...

Jenny, Can you stop by my journal please? There is a wee award waiting for you. Love Pam xx http://journals.aol.co.uk/pamal3/almost-40/

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your award.
I love Dancing on Ice.  I too am glad that Aggie went, I think she may have done herself a mischief if she had stayed any longer.
Have a good week.
Hugs
Carolxx

Anonymous said...

Forgot to say Congratulations! lol. Love Pam xx

Anonymous said...

Awwww, sounds like you had a bit of a shit week. I love the 'Scummerfield' name, LOVE IT!
Gaz xxx