Wednesday 27 February 2008

Travelling Home, Pics and a video

Hey everyone xx

So here we are at Wednesday again and it's travel diary time.  Not much has happened so far this week, just the usual getting annoyed with people at work.  Our informal appeal meeting is tomorrow for the Job Evaluation so wish us luck ;-)  Mind you I'm not attending, we've already nominated the fellas to do that for us.  After that it's out of our hands, what happens next *fingers crossed*

One thing I will say is I found out on Monday one of the girls I don't like very much (don't ask me why!!) is leaving ~ woohoo!! 

I'm still behind in my alerts so I do apologise people xx  Oh and I've decided to add a video to this entry eeeeekkkkk.........It was taken at V by Wayne and hopefully you'll enjoy it.  There are more from this trip which I may include at a later date xx

So onwards........last I left you we had just seen the Foo Fighters play at Marlay Park Dublin and had, a  nightmare journey back to the B & B.....read on for the endeth to our week long adventure ............Enjoy x

THURSDAY 23rd AUGUST 2007

I can't remember what time we woke up but Trina and I went down to breakfast, leaving Wayne were he was. After we finished Trina sneaked some toast and coffee upstairs for him, which was quite funny to watch!! The plane back to Bristol wasn't until 2pm so when we were all up we made our way to catch the bus back to the city centre. It took a while but once there we found the stop for the airport bus. Wayne still hadn't got over his obsession for the big pointy thing in the city centre and everytime Trina and I walked off, we turned round and he was taking pictures of it with his mobile phone, it was very funny!!

We couldn't decide what to do so as Wayne hadn't had any breakfast we went to a nearby cafe which was very busy, but we managed to find a table. Trina and I went up to the counter and got some food and drink. There were some blokes behind us in the queue getting fry-ups and they were wearing Foo Fighter t-shirts. They were sat at the table behind us so we listened in everytime they talked about the gig and then we started singing (in our own heads, I hasten to add) songs that they mentioned. We left before them and wondered round the streets of Dublin. We looked in a jewellrey shop, like the one we went into in Germany, Trina wanted to show Wayne some of the lovely pieces of things that they had. Wayne looked in Game (or was it HMV??) and Trina and I went into a gift shop. We had some euros left so decided to spend them. I brought mum a bell and for myself a garfield pen and a teddy bear with an Ireland jumper on. I kept moaning to Trina that they didn't appear to be selling bookmarks which I thought was quite odd, but she managed to find some. I moaned that I couldn't afford it so she brought me one and some chocolate from a previous shop that we had been into!! To this day Trina still owns them ha ha..................

We caught the bus back to the airport, Wayne and I sat at the back of the bus and Trina sat at the front looking after the bags. It was funny because she could hear every word of our conversation and when I texted her, she replied saying that she knew coz she'd heard us. We weren't talking that loudly I should point out!! Once we arrived at the airport we made our way inside and Trina mentioned that we had just walked past Vanessa Feltz and her bloke. I kept a beady eye out for Dave and co as he said they were leaving that day too!! No such luck though!!

The queue for check-in was busy again!! Once we were checked in and through security (I think Wayne had to remove his shoes again) we looked around a few of the shops then made our way to the plane. We had to walk for miles to get to our departure gate!! I think we even walked past a plane that was going to either Exeter or Plymouth I can't quite remember!! At the gate we sat waiting for the flight to be called and a few more people turned up wearing Foo Fighter t-shirts, I couldn't get over this and thought how funny it was that we were all on the same plane! Eventually the flight got announced and we went to queue. Priority customers got to board first though and that got on my nerves coz just when you thought you could board more priority people turned up!!

We managed to board at some point though and got seats together again. The flight only took 40 minutes again but it felt a lot quicker and I didn't seem to panic as much as I have done on the previous flights!! Obviously getting used to it now! We managed to get straight onto the coach to the train station once we had collected our bags in Bristol. Unfortunately when we got there we had a long time to wait for the train home so we went round to Weatherspoons for food, which was nice.

When it was time we caught the train to Bristol Parkway to catch our train home. At Parkway we arranged to meet up with Dan to collect our stuff that we had left with him. I didn't remember having so much stuff!! The train arrived and the rest of the journey home was okay but Trina and Wayne were panicked about getting back to Torquay. Unfortunately we were delayed just outside Taunton as someone had been sitting on the bridge!!

I managed to get a taxi from the station back to mine when we eventually pulled into Exeter. It was very sad to be home but very nice to be back in my own bed!! What a week................

Here's the video

I hope that works lol..............

Anyway that ends the August 2007 adventure ~ hope you enjoyed V Fest and Dublin.  Next week (yes there is more) see's the start of the two mad weeks we had in October last year.

Till then take care xx

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck with the evaluation.

Anonymous said...

Oh Jen have my fingers crossed for you ,and it will be better for you if that girl leaves !! Hee hee your video made me jump lol you look as though you are having fun ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Loved the photo's and especially the video.  How cool is that.  I wish I had half of your energy girlfriend.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Like your video......waiting for the next installment. Have a good week Louise x

Anonymous said...

Nice to meet you in the flesh so to speak and hear your voice too. You did have a busy year. Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

How fun Jenny!!!!  I want to come and live with you and have fun!! lol  Thanks for sharing all your wonderful adventures with us.  Love, Shelly

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the video and the photos thanks for sharing.

Take care

Yasmin
xx

Anonymous said...

Look at you showing off with videos. ;O)
Funny how you get used to the mud very quickly ennit?
I don't get to gigs much these days but I remember it all so well.
You always remind me of what i used to get up to. ;O)

Why is it called 'V'? Just wondered.

B. x

Anonymous said...

do you take notes? you amaze me with your memory for details...or maybe I'm just old and my memory is shot...LOL
have a great weekend
Lyn

Anonymous said...

The Video and Pictures were great Jenny ~ you look like you had a real good time ~ hope the job evaluation went well ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Fabulous video and piccies. You Rock! Love Pam xx

Anonymous said...

I loved the pic of you three in your white rain macs. I dunno about the 3 amigo's more the the three condoms! Gaz ;-)

Anonymous said...

You're so lucky to see all the things you do and have such great friends to enjoy it with

connie