Thursday 21 February 2008

The Saga continues...bike repairs and travels

hi all *waves at you*

Guess what?  Bike man turned up yesterday *rolls eyes*  He seems to think he can fix it woohoo :o)  He is coming back next week sometime to collect it and take it to the mystical garage to be fixed *fingers crossed*  He's apparently going away for the weekend hence why he's coming back.  I was relieved when he said that coz I need it to do my food shopping tomorrow.  Plus I'm gonna take some clothes to the recycle bank so I shall need it to help me transport this stuff!! 

Ta for the comments to the last entry, I found it surprising how many of you agreed to feeling shy sometimes, you certainly don't come across that way, but then I suppose the blogs are a good way of hiding the shyness ;-)  Don't know what I'm doing about a group yet.  Have been trying to think of it but my mind is blank.............

I'm not gonna talk about the Brits.........jeez what a farce!!  The only good things about it was the Kaiser's performance (Ricky looked good yum :o), the Foo's winning both their awards (but this got me to wondering whether that was a good thing or not!!), and Mr McCartney's performance at the end weren't bad, (not a big fan of him but like the songs he did :o)

So Wednesday's travel journals have moved for this week to...........yep you guessed right Thursday :o)  Let's see where did I get too??  Oh yeah we are still in Dublin and Nine Inch Nails had just finished their set...............enjoy xx

As soon as their set ended we all sat down and conserved our energy! During this break they played Bohemian Rhapsody on the big video screens. Trina and I went mad and then realised the whole crowd were singing along. The boys behind us were singing louder than we were and we kept smiling at each other as we were so proud of our boys. Everyone took part in the head banging as well, it was so cool and we were feeling quite moved by it all. For the rest of the break we just kept laughing at the boys behind us, they were being stupid and applauding the stewards and shouting out random stuff.

The Foo Fighters came on stage and if I remember rightly they started in pretty much the same way as V with Everlong first (so wrong!!) The band joined Dave on stage and they burst into some of their bigger hits. Learn to Fly, Monkey Wrench, Best of You, Times Like These, All My Life, The One, My Hero, Enough Space, This is a Call, DOA, Breakout. I cannot recall which songs they did from the new album apart from Pretender which they did as an encore and Pat (and the rest of the accoustic Foos) joined them on stage which was cool. However the best bit for me was when Dave walked down on our side of the stage and stood in front of us. On one of these walks during a guitar solo, things had gone quietish and I screamed. I swear to god he turned round at that particular moment and looked in my direction. The scream was the worst thing I could have done coz for the rest of the show I had no voice!! When Pat came on stage I went to scream for him or yell at least and nothing came out!!

Dave also did a speech about how he had come to Ireland just after Kurt had died and went round the ring of Kerry. He said 'what's with all the sheep? Don't get me wrong I like sheep.' which prompted the crowd to start chanting sheep, sheep, sheep. Dave thought this was hysterical and then said 'I hear the trick is to get their hind legs inside your boots.' It was so funny!! During some of the songs I take a moment to look around at the people enjoying the gig too, and there was this one tiny girl only about 5/6 years old sitting on her dad's shoulders in the gold circle. I watched her a couple of times and everytime she was singing along, she knew all the words ~ how cute is that!! When I pointed her out to Trina, she told me that she had seen the girl before at the t-shirt stand. She had been pointing out which shirts she wanted to her dad. I want a kid like that!!

The gig overall was brilliant and I felt very sad when it finished as that was the end of not only the gig but of our adventures too!! Abby had already left by this point and we waited for a bit and then decided to get some food/drink before we make our way back to the B & B. Trina was starting to feel panicky coz we didn't actually know where we were going and we had to leave when other people did so we weren't left alone in the middle of nowhere. As we made our way out of the park, Trina found a policeman to ask directions, but unfortunately he was very unhelpful!! So we followed the crowds and started walking down the main road, the way we had come in the taxi!! There was a lot of people about and we debated about waiting for the bus that was put on to ferry the crowds back to Dublin city centre, but every bus we saw was jam packed with people. I didn't really see the point of that anyway as we didn't want to go that far!! Unfortunately there were no taxi's to be seen anywhere and we were just wandering in a direction that we hoped was right. Wayne was convinced he knew what we were doing was right, I tried to agree with Wayne tried to stay positive and Trina was quickly losing her temper with us both as she was sure we weren't going in the right direction. The problem was that because of road works EVERYWHERE, so at one point it made us take a wrong turning, although at this point we weren't actually aware of this at first. Trina found another copper to ask for directions, yet again though he was very vague. Nobody seemed to know where the B&B was!! He did however give Trina a number for a local taxi company which didn't work coz we didn't know the code for Ireland!! In the end we walked back up the road we had just come and down a turning that we probably should've taken to begin with.

None of us were talking to each other by this point!! We carried on walking and praying that we might actually be going in the right direction.........It was such a shame that this had happened to ruin our Foo High that we had, had!! Eventually we came to a cross roads and traffic, up until this point we had seen the odd car picking people up and buses but that was all!! Trina managed to find a taxi and asked the driver for directions as he already had people inside. The other side of the road was busy with traffic but in amongst that traffic were more taxi's. I managed to find one with no-one in it so I caught the drivers eye and asked him if he was free, he said that he was so I screamed (as best as I could with no voice!!) at Trina and Wayne and we all got in!! You had never seen three people more relieved than we were at that moment!! The driver drove the taxi up to the cross roads, down a lane and turned round and went back in the direction we had been heading in. It took about 5 minutes for the taxi to drop us off after we got out of that traffic. Wayne was still convinced he would've found the B&B ok.

As we got out of the taxi I noticed one of the neighbours curtains twitching. Clearly they don't get much excitement down that way!! We got back into the B&B and went straight to bed.

Hope you all have a good rest of the week xx  I'm suppose to be meeting up with Mum and Megs on Saturday (note to mum...I'm guessing it's 11.30am??)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bike man is more like the invisible man..lol hope it gets done. your right the Brits was a bit of a joke, and why oh why are we plagued with the Osbournes, and Sharon is so snide, the way she gushed about Kylie was embarassing. Am at a loss at what kinds of groups you could join unless you have a hobby, I keep thing about it i think I'm going to turn into Miss Haversham(Great Expectations).
Enjoy your day out with your mum and megs.

Take care

Yasmin
x

Anonymous said...

Pleased bike man turned up ,and that you are thinking about which group to join ,does your local college do courses ? I didnt watch the Brits ,Maurice wanted see something else ,dont think Imissed much .Have a good time with Meggy and Mum ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Glad bike man arrived at last. The Brits was dire ! Amy Winehouse errrrrrgh! My eldest son said he would die of shame if Sharon Osbourne was his mother! Louise xx

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the bike's finally getting sorted Jen. I hope you've got a big bsket on it for all the shopping.
Have a good weekend with mum & Megs.

B. x

Anonymous said...

Glad the chap is going to be able to get your bike fixed for you.  I can just imagine the feeling wandering about Dublin feeling so lost and tired too. Dublin's a great city but easy to get lost in.  Have not been since I was 15 and that was not today or yesterday. lol.   Love Joan.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jaymact1/JoansMusings/

Anonymous said...

Waheyyyy the bike Is getting fixed! Brilliant. I loved reading about Dublin, exhausting stuff! Have a magic day tomorrow with mum and megs. Love Pam xx

Anonymous said...

I know you like gaming, is there a gaming club you could join, or perhaps a book club? Great news on the Bike getting fixed. That was too cute , with the little girl in the middle of the concert. I have no doubt your kid would be just like that. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Hi. Congrats on being a guest editor's pick!  -Dawn-

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being a Guest Editor pick

Yasmin
xx

Anonymous said...

congrats on being the guest editors pick..good choice..hope you had fun with your Mum..that rhymed..LOL
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Hiya Jen, I was just laughing at the bit where you said that none of us come across as being shy, well, let me tell you girl, we all have our insecurities - me, well I put on a 'Yeah, sure, no problem, I can deal with this!' attitude.... and then i get home and fall on the floor like a wet bathsponge, thinking, 'Nooooooo.......  i can't do it, can't do it, can't do it......  and I crawl to the fridge and pig out on five bars of chocolate and two tubs of ice cream.  Then next morning I slap on the lippy and enough eyeshadow to put Cleopatra in the shade and think... 'yeah, girl, go get 'em!'   Ruby xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hello me Dux! I must have missed the one about you saying you were shy, was it the entry with your mate in the puddle? If it was, I was PMP so much I didn't remember you saying you were shy!
Gaz xx