Wednesday 6 February 2008

Nice Matters and Dublin

*Warning a fairly long entry following*

Hey everyone ~ so now I've warned you I can feel better about it lol.........There are two reasons for this a) because it's Wednesday and that means travel entry!!  and b) because last night I found out Pammels (link over there ------>) nominated my journal for the nice matters award :)

Yay my journal and big huggles and thanks go to Pam :o)  This means it is now up to me to decide who should get one (such a big responsibility I am not sure if I can cope under the pressure ;-)  I have noticed that most of the journals I wanted to award one with already have one but hey.............I'm gonna mention you anyway!!

Firstly Pam ~ not because she nominated me, but i was actually thinking about who I would put up for the awards if I got nominated at the weekend and she was one of the names i thought off!!  I love her journal, she makes me laugh and i remember the first entry I read was about her journey to work and catching a bus and forgetting stuff and I related so much to it that I loved it!!  She is a lovely person and that's why I think she deserves one :o)

Secondly Indigo - She is a lovely, kind, caring, thoughtful and all those other lovely words that can describe a person.  To be honest I have never met anyone who has been through as much as she has and come out the other side shining as brightly as she does!!  Hmmm.........that sounds wrong but hopefully you know what I mean.  Go read her journal and get inspired ;-)

Thirdly Sara - Her journal is private hence no hyperlink!!  Sara was one of the people whose journal I started reading from the beginning and I love reading about her journey's with Jelly and Spud Bud and now Mr Brainwhispers is keeping us entertained through it all with the hiding of the rat etc.............(don't ask lol)  She is a beautiful person with a lovely humour and kindness.

Fourthly I would like to give one to Jasper :o)  He is the sweetest dog I have ever known and I love reading his tails (ha ha ha.....geddit) and what he gets up to.  How he is keeping the neighbourhood cats at bay......It's a fantastic written journal and very entertaining.  That's why I saved this one lol 

Last but by no means least Ruby - I like reading Ruby's journal obviously lol........She is again a great person with a great sense of humour and she likes her shoes ;-)!!  I'm glad to have met her through J-land.

So here's your award people if you don't already have one ~ congratulations :o)

I would've given more out to you all my dear sweet readers coz I do love each and every one of you coz to take time out in your busy schedule's and read me doings day in and day out (well whenever I write an entry anyway!!) and to leave me a comment to let me know you have well you don't realise how happy that makes me :o)  Thank you xx

Okay so enough soppiness yeah??  Agreed so here's the next instalment of the travel log.......I left you last time at Dan's flat!!  We had finally left the V showground and were starting the next part of our trip :o)  Enjoy xx

TUESDAY 21st AUGUST 2007

I don't remember what time we woke up but he was right, Dan had already gone. We didn't have to leave the flat till about 12.30pm and there was talk about trying to findHalo (a pub type place) for a fried breakfast. I couldn't be bothered to move and was quite happy where I was, only there was nothing decent on TV. So we decided not to go and just lazed around the flat a bit longer. All 3 of us needed showers and felt so much better afterwards. Trina tided up and after we watched the Foo's on the BBCi a few more times we left to find the bus to get us to the station. It wasn't too hard to find and didn't take too long to turn up either. We got off at the right stop for the train station and relations between us started to fray, so much so that when the bus to the airport arrived we all sat seperately!! By the time we got to the airport though apologies were made and we started talking again but it didn't take long for us all to disagree again. This was not a good situation to be in!

Wayne got a Subway sandwich and we went to queue for checking in. There was a big queue for this plane but this started to panic me as it was clearly going to be a bigger plane than I had been on before. After we checked in we went to the cafe for something to eat. Trina and I got fried breakfasts and when we got to the till all the staff seemed like they weren't English and carried on with their personal conversation. Once we finished with our food, it was time to go to the gate but we got caught up in another queue. When we got through security Wayne was asked to remove his shoes and Trina had to remove her belt. I went through fine!! At this point we split up at the shops coz I needed to get something and Trina needed the loo. We met back up after about 10 minutes and sat and waited. Our gate was called so we went to join another queue.

The flight wasn't bad and at least we were all sat together. Trina and Wayne found it very odd though as throughout the flight there was advertising announced through the speakers. I just listened to my MP3 player so I didn't care. It was supposed to take 40 minutes, which I am sure it did, but it didn't feel like it. Once we got off the plane we went to get our luggage and made our way out of the airport to catch a bus. We had no idea which one we were supposed to catch and there was one there already but it was full up, so we waited for the next one. When that turned up the driver shouted out something so we went to get on it and it took us into Dublin city centre. When we got off Trina asked the driverwhere we had to go to catch the next bus that we requried. With her directions we walked down the street towards the canal. In the middle of this road was a massive spire type thing, it was huge, goodness what it was there for. Anyway we managed to find the stop quite easily.

The bus we needed finally arrived and we explained to the driver that we didn't know where we were getting off. He started to shout at us that he was late and that we had to pay 1 euro 60 each, or get off!! That didn't seem like enough to me, but now wasn't the time to mention it. Trina tried to pay with a note and that angered him further. Under pressure now, she managed to find the right money and we went to sit down, but we all felt unsure that we had paid the right amount let alone that we didn't actually have any clue as to where we had to get off! I said that we should ask the fellow passengers, which Wayne being very brave did. Some random woman laughed at us, and was still laughing when she got off but a very nice bloke said he would show us. The bus drove for miles and the old bloke told us were we needed to get off as he was getting off at the next stop. Some drunk bloke heard what he was saying and got involved and promised he would show us where we needed to get off. Eventually we got off at the last stop!!

We still had no idea where we were going but in random desperation we started to walk in the direction we thought we should go. In the end we asked an elderly lady who was going into church, as she had no idea she went inside and got her friend who did! Wayne managed to get us there from the ladies directions and luckily the B & B owner was there, (she'd messed us about something cronic the week before and it turned out to be okay!!). We had a triple room which was cool, as it meant when we came back from our Foo High we'd be able to reminise. In the meantime we hadn't had anything to eat since Bristol so we walked back up to the shops we had passed earlier and got some snacky stuff. We spent the rest of the evening in our room watching some film or another and chillin'. (The film was quite good but I can't remember what it was called!!)

Sorry about the lengthy entry xx

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your award.

Yasmin
xx

Anonymous said...

Ooohh - thank you muchly for the mention, I've gone all big-headed now!  (hmmm... although the dog, I notice, came fourth to my fifth...  still, he must be pretty outstanding as there can't be that many dogs with blogs)
Blimey, just reading about your journey tired  me out!  If I had my way I'd be put into suspended animation at the beginning of a journey and then brought round once I'd reached my destination as I HATE all the faffing around to get there, and I have a morbid fear of missing my train/bus/plane or getting on the wrong one and ending up in Siberia instead of Skegness (although, to be fair, it hasn't happened yet).  I've never been to Dublin, although I once had a boyfriend who was from there <g>  I adore the accent!!  Take care, Rubes xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/rubychalluby/my-life-on-a-plate/

Anonymous said...

Ooh  sorry, all that prattling I was doing and I forgot to say congratulations on your award  :o)

Anonymous said...

I wanna link to Jaspers blog!

Congrats on the award.

B. x

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and Thank you! Your definitely deserving, I love visiting you here. Apparently rude bus drivers are to be found all over the world, not just here in the States. I'm not surprised you guys would have a subtle falling out here and there, you were spending a tremendous amount of time with one another, sooner or later you were bound to get on one another nerves. Glad to see with preservance you made it back to the B & B safely! (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

congrats.

Anonymous said...

This award seems to be doing the rounds at the moment. I got it too ;-)
Gaz xx

Anonymous said...

Aww, you are nice Jenny Jen, deserving of a nicey award most definitely :o)  And thank you for choosing me too hon :o) :o) :o) :o) :o)

Mmmm... fried breakfast... now you have made me hungry!

Sara   xxx

Anonymous said...

Hey twinkle toes! Thank you so much! If I had been In your place with my closest circle we would still be chasing each other round the streets with huge weapons! lol. You are all very patient. I laughed at the drunk man directing you, they seek me out wherever I go, and make a point of guiding me! lol. Love Pam xx

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenny, thanks for your nice words about me on your blog - you're SOOOO sweet!!  Me and my partner have been a bit mad this week, hence no message/recent entry for us, but I AM cooking something up...  I see you live in Devon, where my partner's mum comes from.  Do you live near Dartmoor?  that's my favourite place in the whole world; the pic of me on my blog was taken on Dartmoor.  We liked reading your blog, especially about your trip to Dublin.  Bad luck with the bus driver - that sort of thing happened to my partner once, in Barcelona.  Not very nice.  Hands across the sea, eh chaps?  Hands across the sea...  LOTS of waggy love and licks, from Jasper xxxx http://journals.aol.co.uk/ruthnjasper/the-dogs-blog/

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the Nice Award....
I love your journal..
Love your trip stories
Huggies
Connie

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the Nice Award! Very proud:) Love the new entry too
Andrea

Anonymous said...

Very well done on your award .boy what a trip loved the brekkie lol ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Well done on your award Jen. Sorry Ive not been around to comment for ages - I lost your journal link but found it now! yay!! Thanks for visiting my journal - I dont get many visitors these days. Love Lainey xxx