Sunday 24 February 2008

Pics, Pam and Shopping

hello friends and fellow J-landers :o)

   

Well I bet your surprised to find all this merriment going on in my journal LOL......To be honest so am I.......but I have one person to thank for that!!  The loveliest lady in J-land Pammels :o)  Not ONLY did she give me a nice matters award but she's now gone and picked my small insignificant journal for a guest editors pick   For those of that you that haven't seen it (although I've left the link there..........) here's what the lovely lady wrote xx

Jenny, a total music lover and No:1 Queen fan, Is 30 going on 18!! lol. Her journal leaves me In awe of the things she manages to do. All the gigs she attends, Her bike ventures and best classic line of all, was from her entry, "Work, NHS, Family and Friends" she describes feeling worthless, sitting In a meeting at work and decides to doodle away on her pad, It turned Into a Pirate Boat that she was so proud of, she took It home! lol. Her closeness with her best friend Trina Is heartwarming, they have so much fun. Jenny shares all her stories from every gig she goes to and makes you feel a big part of It all.

Tee hee hee............Have you ever read something that someone has written about you and thought to yourself yep that's me :o)  Then gone and had a cry about it coz it's the nicest thing to happen when you don't expect it too??  Yep I crossed all those of on my list.  So I just wanna take this opportunity to publicly tell Pammels how much I love her and appreciate her.  That she not only takes the time out to read my journal but that she likes what she reads.  (By the way I know must of you that visit and comment also do the same so please don't feel as though I don't appreciate you just as much ~ oh dear I'm digging myself a hole aren't I?)  Never mind...............

 to pam :o)  Thank you xx   Have a drink on me ;-)

It's so sad that such a small thing can make you so happy isn't it LOL.........

Anyhoo..............as you can see I've added the pics from last weekend's jaunt to Dartmoor and a few extra's that I thought you might like to see ~ including the infamous Pirate boat ;-) 

This weekend I met up with Mum and Megs in town on Saturday.  First I had to go to the post office and pick up a parcel which I had to pay £2.52 for the privilege of picking up.  I was NOT amused!!  You see this is the 2nd book in the Emporer series that I wanna read.  I managed to get it on ebay and when you buy something on ebay, you pay for postage!!  So I asked the guy at the collection office whether any postage had been paid and they said no it hadn't ~ armed with this knowledge I was gonna have it out with this person......Technically this book has cost me as much as it probably would've done if I had brought it in the shops!!  Well of course he's come back saying he has proof of postage and that he paid for it.  I've decided I am not gonna pursue this, I just cannot be bothered, but I'll tell you something I ain't going back on ebay for a while!!  First the flippin' necklace for Trina's xmas pressie and now this!!  Grrrrrrrrrrr..........

Had a nice day with mum and Megs.  I brought (list especially for Trina), Manic Street Preachers Send Away The Tigers cd, The Editors An End To A Start cd (or whatever the 2nd album is called lol), a proper pepper dispenser, a new baking tray, a melon, hot chocolate, socks for work and I think that was it!!  I was hoping to find some new trousers as most of my jeans are getting holes in them :(  but I didn't find anything.  However I have decided that after I've got my hair cut next weekend I shall venture into town again and get some!!  I need them for the convention lol...........

Today I chopped and prepared food as it's Sunday Cook from fresh day :o)  Today's recipe was Fajitas, which weren't bad but weren't great either, shall try again tomorrow and see if I can improve on it!!  I have requested Trina to make me some the next time I see her as she is the expert that I know that can cook from scratch

Later I went to Matalan, still looking for trousers ~ no such luck :(  So i went to the range and brought two heatproof dishes (it was like a special pack of two, but they aren't the good make, can't remember the name) as I need one for Lasagne which is in a couple of weekend's time :o)  a new DVD holder which I assembled myself!!  A mother's day card and something to go with the card, which I wanted to get her for xmas!!  There's a hint mum lol

Otherwise I have been trying to catch up on alerts, had to delete a few, sorry :(  Saved a few piccies to photobucket and caught up on roger-taylor.net, good to see quite a few people over there :o) 

Anyway I think i shall leave you here, gotta update my MP3 player for the rest of the week and it's getting late.  Hope you have a good week xx

p.s before I forget ~ Pammels, Trina said to say thank you for picking me too :o)  She was so chuffed xx

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on "Guest Editor Picks" woo hoo, it's a nice feeling isn't it. your journal isn't small or insignificant i enjoy reading it, sound like you had a nice weekend, try Marks for some trousers I bought some there a few weeks ago £25 each, Matalan is great but I can never find anything there, and as for the post office...nuff said..lol. Photos look good from Dartmore, good luck with the Fajitas

Have a good week

Yasmin
xx

Anonymous said...

Great photo's.  Thanks for sharing them with us.  Sounds like Pam did a really nice thing for you.  J-Landers are great people for the most part.  Have a great week Sweetie.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Dont know why you should be surprised you are our special Jen ,and we love to read about your adventures ,lovely  pictures of you all having so much fun ,braving the cold ,love the hoody hoodlam lol ,have a good week ,love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

congrats on being a guest editor's pick!!! dinner sounded yummy!

betty

Anonymous said...

Its the small things that are important in the world, one of the best features about my husband is that he is very easily pleased ! Congratulations anyway. Glad the from scratch cooking is going well . Nice pictures....can i be a facebook friend as I havent got many!  Louise xx

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the well deserved award Jen.
lovfe the pirate boat.

B. x

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being chosen for guest editor well deserved and it has bucked you uo no end so glad for you. Loved you pictures of Dartmoor you certainly picked a lovely day for your ramble.  Have a good week. Love Joan.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jaymact1/JoansMusings/

Anonymous said...

Hey Ladyyyyy. Thank You so much! I just adored the Pirate Boat! lol. Only you could head out to buy and trousers and get 2 heatproof dishes! lol. Superb. Say a big hello to Trina for me please. That was kind of her. When I was chosen as a Guest Editor's pick a while back, I cried for Scotland and it made me feel amazing so I know how you feel! lol. A really kind entry, much appreciated. Thanks. Stay Happy. Love Pam xx

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your award-and for getting thr guest editor pick.
Your smiliesare adorable.
Loved those bridge picks--
and tell Wayne he's too handsome to hide...
hugs
connie

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you on being one of Pam's picks last week.  I am enjoying giving your journal a read.
Lori

Anonymous said...

Ello Dux, I loved those photo's as for the book you had to pay postage on, I would have sent the bugger back!
Gaz xxx