Sunday 10 February 2008

Work, NHS, Bikes, Family and Friends

Hello J-land how are we all??  Hope you've had a good weekend :o)

So that week that has just left us, dragged for me and unfortunately I finished it feeling invisible not just with regards to all this job evaluation stuff but with some of my friends too!!  I'm not going into details here coz they are quite petty and all in my own head of course but it's just not that important.  Of course I told Trina on friday how I was feeling and she said that I was not invisible to her.  Bless her, that was exactly what I thought she was going to say and it wasn't her that I was thinking about anyway!!  I know I couldn't be invisible to her, coz she's my bessie mate lol

This job evaluation crap (excuse my language) is dragging on, but hopefully by Friday we can put it to bed!!  Or at least with regards to my involvement we can ;-)  We've been meeting to discuss what to write for the sections that we want to appeal against and by Friday I just thought what is the point to me being here so I doodled on my pad!!  It turned into a pirate boat :o)  I was very proud of it that I've brought it home.........

Other than that, work has been work and that's all!!

I contacted the NHS helpline the other day and left a message to register with a dentist eeeekkk............I sure hope they will be able to cope with a nervous patient!!  I'm trying to save some money in case it happens soon but it could be several months before i hear anything!!  Still I've set the ball rolling and for that I can be happy about.

Still nothing from the agent about the rent rise..........do they want this money or not?  Very odd!!

Sent an email to the bike repair man, which I am forever naming him and anyone else that has to fix my bike coz it reminds me of the Monty Python sketch LOL.......but i have not heard back from him *fingers crossed* peeps ;-)

I have spent a nice weekend as the weather was lovely with my mum and my sister.  (They are still reading my blog and now mum has broadband so it makes it easier for her :o)  We went shopping and I managed to buy a few things that I needed.  I got some scales for the kitchen, a new mug for work and a spare one (well at 29p you couldn't pass that up!) and some other stuff.   I didn't borrow any books from mum, I have loads to read, so borrowed some DVD's from her instead.  I have now got the 'Cutting It' collection to watch :o)  I watched the first episode today!!  I am thinking that Jason Merrells is a bit of a hunk ~ especially as within the first few scenes there he is with his top off *sigh*

In the evening I watched Casualty and slightly ashamed to admit i shed a few tears!!  Perhaps it was a good release for me at the end of the week as I have been down :(  Watched a film later about some family (I think they were Irish) and Gillian Anderson was in it (Scully from the X-Files or Bleak House) well she was doing an Irish accent and it was very good :o)  It seemed to be about this boy helping this bloke train racing greyhounds.  At the end the one he had been attached to got murdered in front of his eyes!!  It was horrible, but at the end his mum and dad got him a new one.  A puppy ~ it was dead cute :o)

Today I made a pact with myself that I would do stuff.  I had a quick hoover around and chopped the leeks and bacon for my tea.  Today starts the cook from recipe cooking!!  I have written down all the recipes and stuff I need for the ones i want to attempt.  Then I had something to eat and then went round to Sainsbugs by foot to nosey at the clothes recycling bins (very strange girl)!!  I have two bags of clothes that I shall never wear again in the cupboard and I'm thinking bit by bit I shall get rid of them in the recycling bins.  Those at Sainsbugs are the closest!!  So I needed to know if you have to clean them or anything.  Apparently they have to be in sealed bags but that won't be difficult!!

When I came home, I made my way up to my flat and at the bottom of the second flight of stairs I could smell my leeks ~ jeez they ponged but they were in the fridge so I didn't understand how I could smell them from that far away!

Back in the flat I read some journal entries and wrote up some adventures.  Trina has written one for the Linkin Park gig we went to for use on my journal, bless her :o)  I shall pad it up a bit but it's a great start and I shall get round to posting that at some point.

Dancing on Ice ~ Chris to win!!  He looks like a professional skater.  Linda and Steve or Greg to be in the bottom two next week!!  Get rid of Linda I can't stand her!!  If she let go of Daniel it would be a miracle and yes she argued that she did but it weren't for long was it??  I was getting worried that the new girl was doing the same with Fred but she proved me wrong thank god :o)  I'm not getting too involved I promise lol

Missed half of Larkrise to Candleford coz of the skate off!!  Made my tea before that started.  Chicken and Leek bake with pasta :o)  I took a photo of it with my mobile which I shall upload at some point!!

The only other thing I was thinking about this weekend is the book I'm reading it's Emprorer Gates of Rome by Conn Iggulden.  It's actually the first one in a series so I am going to have to read the other four.  Possibly not straight after though.  I am going to have to buy the second part soon so I can read it after the next book ~ strange way of doing things I know ~ but that's me all over ;-)

Well I reckon that's all of my news for now.  Have a good week xx

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a good week, enjoy your recipe cooking! Louise xx

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you are in the dumps.  I must say, I love reading and picking up on the English way of speaking...and the thing about making your tea.  Me?  I boil some water, put in tea bags and sugar and add ice.  Done deal...lol.  Have a good week.
Hugs from the U.S., Joyce

Anonymous said...

You've had a long week by the sounds of it,...lol.. I'm a Holby fan gave up on Causualty few years ago, Daning on ice was cool yes Chris to win and I wish they would shut that judge up Jason.. just nasty I think, good luck with your new recipes if you want any give me a shout, I've missed most of Larkriseto Candleford so I'll wait till the DVD comes out, Cranford DVD comes out tommorrow.
Have a good week

Yasmin
xx

Anonymous said...

It's a great way to cheer yourself up - have a cooking session. Pick something different and a bit of a challenge. Works a treat.

Be good Jen.
B. x

Anonymous said...

I've just recently decided to start cooking from recipes myself!  The kids are getting really tired of all the "just mix it and cook it" type meals I have been doing lately.  I haven't quite gotten organized enough to make out recipe cards and all that yet, but it's coming!  I can feel it!  lol!
Hugs!
Cassey

Anonymous said...

Sorry the week was a bit of a pain hon! Sounds like it turned out fine by weeks end with the weekend spent with your Mom and sister. I don't see Trina ever purposely leaving you out of the loop. Strange they haven't gotten back to you on the rent increase yet....on a positive note the longer they take the more time you get before paying the increase. Hope this week brings about better days at work! (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Lol just picturing you squealing at the t.v. during Dancing On Ice! Hope you get the bike sorted and cheap aswell! You crack me up.... A Pirate Boat? That's something I would do! lol. Love Pam xx

Anonymous said...

what type of job evaluation are you having and whats NHS?

Anonymous said...

Nice newsy entry ..I would like to see a picture of your doodle ,Jen you are NOT  inviseble you are ''our Jen ;;,so pleased your Mum can read your journal ,one of my daughters has just gone on line and spent two days reading alllll my entrys lol Casualty was sad wasnt it ,very cleverly done too all the signs were there but no one saw them poor Ruth ,Your leak and bacon bake sounded scrummy ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Great newsy entry Jenny your pasta bake sounded great I do one with Leeks and potato which is very nice too. Hope the bike guy turns up trumps. Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

'Chris to win'  Yep, I'm with you on that!  He's great!!  That blonde girl's good, too - can't remember her name but she did that 'head banging' thing last week.  I was too tense to breath, I thought her head was going to hit the ice.  It must have taken a lot of guts to do that.  I've got loads of clothes and shoes that I need to get rid of and i often get them all in a pile ready to go to the recycling bins.... but then I think, 'Ohh, I might wear these one day'. or, 'That might be nice to wear in the Summer', and I end up putting most of the stuff back in the cupboard and it stays for another month until I do the ritual all over again!  Rubes xxx   http://journals.aol.co.uk/rubychalluby/my-life-on-a-plate/