Wednesday 30 January 2008

An End to the Mud

Hello peoples :)  Here we are another week, more stuff happening and we are so close to pay day I can almost smell it ~ or is that because my pay slip is sitting in front of me LOL............

So far an okay week!!  Had a good time at the gig on Monday ~ you'll all be glad to know I am not doing a write up for it lol..just cannot be bothered.....will tell you more about it another time though.

Got stressed at work today, probably because I'm tired!!  More about this job evaluation rubbish....and there's more to come tomorrow so I better keep my mouth shout or it could turn ugly lol..............

.............and the rent is going up but not by much and i can afford it so that's okay.

Trina's off sick ~ show her some love in the comments people ;-)  I know she'd appreciate it!! 

Anyway it's Wednesday so I shall transport you through the portal that is my journal back to August last year and a camp site in Stafford.  If you remember from last weeks entry we had seen the Foo Fighters play the main stage (last band of the weekend) and it had been awesome :o)  so let's carry on.....................

We made our way back to the campsite and stopped off as usual at the toilets. I went into one, that didn't smell thank goodness, it was getting to the stage where you could smell them a mile off!! Unfortunately the one I went into the lock didn't work!! So there's me in the middle of doing my business and some random opens the door, I yelled and he went into the one next door. How embarrassing!! He said though, 'Sorry about that'. I replied 'No I'm sorry, it's just the locks not working.' Then he said 'Don't know who was more scared then you or me.' I laughed and said 'me definitely', it was quite funny really!! Back at the tent and we didn't go straight to bed, as Maz and Corina were still up so we talked to them for a bit. At least it had stopped raining!! When I went to bed, Trina very kindly took my trainers and socks off so I could climb into the tent without getting everything muddy, but my pillow was soaking wet!! Lovely!!

MONDAY 20th AUGUST 2007

Yet again I woke up early hoping that Trina was gonna wake me up whilst she was going to the loo or something. Unfortunately she didn't and I had really, really bad stomach cramps. So much so, that yet again I was crying!! I called out for Trina I don't know why, but she came out after Wayne had prodded her no doubt, and told me to go into her tent!! They had more room in their tent then ours did. I did as I was told and took some paracetomol and she tried to take my mind off it. We ended up having a conversation about some comedian who had died whilst on a tread mill!! Sarah came to join us...............

Corina and co woke up too and started making breakfast. They said that we could join them because they had so much food left over, so they kindly made us tea and coffee and we went out to be sociable. Trina and I went to the loo's and because they hadn't been cleaned yet they were the WORST EVER!! I held my breath and just went!! Desperation takes over in these times. When I came out and waited for Trina though, I watched a girl walk over to the one I had been in, she took one look and rejoined the queue!! Trina came out and we made our way back to the tents moaning about our toilet excursion. Wayne was having a bacon sandwich which had been cooked for him and made for him!! There was a plate of bacon and sausages waiting for us when we got back, but then as we were helping ourselves to it, everyone started talking about the toilets and it was really off putting!!

By now a lot of the campers had already packed up and gone but not the annoying boys behind us, who we watched dismantle their tent. We were all under the impression that they had stayed in their tent the whole weekend. I was feeling much better at this point so we agreed it was time to wash, get changed, pack and take the tents down. It didn't take long with everyone helping but we appeared to be waiting for Corina and Co. Trina wanted to take her tent home, Sarah couldn't be bothered so left hers standing, (a lot of people had left their tents, I think they went to charity or something from something notice I had read!), so we helped Corina take theirs down, but in the end we had to leave without them as we had a train to catch. The walk back to the car park didn't seem to take so long as coming up. At last the sun was shining (typical as we were leaving!!) Trina and Sarah were moaning the whole way so Wayne and I walked off in front. However the mud didn't help!! Especially when we reached the little pathway, however it wasn't a pathway anymore it was deep mud and there was no way around it!! I couldn't drag my suitcase through it so I carried it, which wasn't easy and I had to stop every now and then. It turned out that Sarah and Trina weren't that far behind us which surprised me!! The cars were all queueing to get out and it looked like it was a total nightmare.........at least none of them looked stuck!! The last part of the walk was a bit of a nightmare trying to dodge cars and mud, but we got to Sarah's car eventually. We all got in and joined the queue to get out of the first field, I think by this point Sarah and several others were feeling rage towards the steward. A lot of the car drivers were getting so fed up that they would leave the queue and drive across the field. None of us had any idea where they were going and we debated about following them but decided against it.

Corina and Co made their way into the field with their massive wheelie thing piled high. I really wished I had seen them pull that through the mud, but alas that was not to be!! Wayne got out of the car and went to help them push it towards their car. When he got back in Sarah decided to give up and she followed a car across the field, which was fine up to a point!! We drove over a big stone and there was a horrible crunching sound. We were further ahead than before though so that was good. There was no order to the queueing in this part and we started to have a race with another car as to who was going to get out first. Luckily we won.....After about 10/15 minutes we were outand joined another queue. Eventually we were out completely and managed to find the train station without driving down any closed roads. Trina, Wayne and I got out of the car, with our luggage and bid farewell to Sarah. We then went to wait for our train. I decided there was NO WAY I could stay muddy anymore and so I went to get changed and ditched my trainers in a bin outside the train station, they were ruined. They were brown before, but now they were squelching too!! It felt so good to get into clean clothes but it was kind of depressing as it meant the festival was over but we were still on our way to Dublin which was cool.

Our train arrived and after a change at Birmingham, we got to Bristol at about 5ish. We had arranged to stay at Dans and as he hadn't got home from work we decided to go to the Weatherspoons just around the corner and wait. We had a pint and chatted for a while, then went back to the train station, where Wayne and Trina argued on the platform. I told them off asking why they couldn't behave as well as the children who were next to us, that was quite amusing! We managed to catch the 6.30pm train (or something like that) and tried to find Dan's. If I remember rightly as we were coming out of the train station, some random bloke offered to carry my suitcase up the steps!! After a bit of a walk we found Dan's, but this was after we had walked past it and Trina rung him. Rosie was waving out of the window in the end so back up the hill we went!! She met us at the door and upstairs to his flat we went. Becky and Dave were there as well which was nice as we hadn't seen them all in a while. It was decided that we would get pizza and Becky suggested that as we were placing such a large order they should ask for freebies. Trina and Dan went to get the pizza's and came back with 4 chocolate brownie squares. Usually whenever I have a pizza to myself I never ever finish it, but this time I ate all but one slice that night!! It's not like I starved at the festival but clearly I needed substance. The last slice I had for my breakfast the next day.

Becky, Dave and Rosie left not long after food and Dan was very kind and looked things up on the web for us, like transport times and who the Road to V winner was. He also let us watch the Foo's at Brighton recorded for the BBC on the BBCi several times (it was on a continuous loop)!! He pumped up an airbed for Trina and Wayne, so I had Wayne's airbed which they brought back with them. Dan had also agreed to store some of our stuff as we didn't wanna take everything to Dublin. He bid us goodnight and told us to have a good time in Dublin, he wouldn't be there when we woke up. He had been a top host that night!!

So that's it for now..................more to come next week..........

Take care peeps

p.s I'm a day behind in my alerts in case you wonder where I am ;-)

 

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenny, I'm shattered aswell. I hope Trina gets well soon and you get your hands on that cash! lol. Love Pam xx

Anonymous said...

you have a good memory for detail...
hang in there almost friday!!
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Glad the rent hike wasn't too terrible. It would figure the sun comes out as your leaving it never fails does it....I remember the long rush with everyone  leaving at the same time.....it was fusterating and left you a little depressed having to leave a great weekend that way...(Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

my mother hates when rent increases and i think thats so uncool.

Anonymous said...

Feel better Trina. x
Glad the rent raise wasn't too painful Jen.

B. x

Anonymous said...

Glad the rent rise was not too painful. Its odd itsnt it that you wages dont increase as much as your bills.Sounds like a good time was had by all at the festival  Louise xx

Anonymous said...

Glad you rent is still affordible. I have never been to a music festival and after reading your advertures in the loos I will never be at one. You will have to come up to T in the Park some of these years.  You would think with the price of tickets for these events they would give the toilet a clean at the end of each day or am I just being silly. Love Joan.  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jaymact1/JoansMusings/

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny.  Just getting caught up with you.  Get well soon Trina!!  You all always have the best fun!!  Love ya, Shelly

Anonymous said...

You girls always have a wonderful time wherever you go Jen, where do you get the energy?  It must be the pizzas...lol!  Give Trina my love and tell her to get well soon. :o)

Love Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are the first person I have EVER heard say  rent was going up but "it was ok" because it is affordable.  Ha.  No one ever admits to that!

I have had an unlocked door opened on me in that situation also.  I laugh now, but not then. ~Mary

Anonymous said...

I just am amazed you remember in such detail...I love reading this stuff....should publish this....
connie

Anonymous said...

Pleased you can cope with th rent increase ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love it when the rent goes up!? Mine did this years as well..but glad things are okay for you!  You should really look into getting your writing published..and not on aol journals :)
Andie

Anonymous said...

I came to your journal via the graphics group, where you left your name.  The only thing close to a British person I have been friends with is, I have a couple firends in Canada, Vancouver, BC to be exact.  I love the way you write.  Is a "fLAT" like an apartment?  You write very descriptively and I enjoyed my visit here!
Take care, Merry from Mason City, IA, USA