Friday 4 January 2008

Anti - Climax and a newsflash

Hey everyone :o)  Hope your all ok??  My alerts are still quite high in the 50's!!  I just cannot be bothered at the moment and i know that is not the attitude to have but hey, you all know how lazy I am lol....................I will get them read soon, perhaps over the weekend ;-)

So I'm currently catching up on your new year's entries.  I know it's four days into the new year already but I'm gonna tell you about my new year!!  I went to Trina's which is pretty obvious in this day and age as I tend to go there for EVERYTHING lol..........

Caught the train and wasn't amused with it to be honest.  They have these new trains that feel like your on a bus coz the seats all have low backs and you can see all the other passengers.  Well one of these other lovely passengers (please detect the sarcasm) decides to play music via his mobile phone for the whole carriage to hear.  Who at the phone companies decided this would be a good idea?  I would like to kick their butt!!  I was trying to listen to my mp3 player and i could hear his music over mine!!  Grrrrrrrrrrrr........I wanted to glare at him but couldn't coz he would see me!!  Silly trains and silly mobile phones!!

Eventually get to Torquay and I'm met at the station by Trina and Wayne.  Trina got out of the car and started dancing ~ she's a very strange girl ;-)  The Beatles were playing on the radio..............Wayne was ill, but she said that he was putting on a front to pretend he wasn't as ill as he really was or something like that so we could have a good night.  The plan was that we were going to go out in town and have a bit of a laugh like we did for the previous new year's eve.

Back at theirs we watch some crap on the music channels (they have freeview) and then Trina cooks tea.  During this time Wayne has been sleeping the whole time, so I said to him that if he is really bad perhaps we shouldn't go out.  This sparked off a huge debate as to what we should do!!  The decision came about an hour later and we weren't going anywhere!!  I told Trina I didn't mind, at the end of the day I didn't but I was looking forward to perhaps kissing a random at midnight, just for a change you understand.  She said we would go out for her birthday but it's not the same is it?? 

So the decision was made and we stayed in!!  First Trina made a cocktail with my xmas pressie from work.  She put in Orange Brandy, Vodka, Apple Juice and god knows what else.  All I could taste was the apple juice lol..........She wanted to make more but as we didn't really have the ingredients I managed to persuade her not to and poured her a vodka and coke instead.

We played some games.........the one where you write a famous person's name down and stick it to your mates forehead so they have to guess who it is but they can only ask yes or no questions.  That's a good laugh with them two :o)  Then we played some of the Wii, Mario and Sonics Olympic games.  I am crap at that but it was funny taking the mickey out of Trina.  She would swear everytime she had a go and moaned about a character but would always pick them ~ told you she was odd ;-)

At about (I don't actually remember what time) but we got a reminder for the TV (how sad is that on New Years Eve LOL)  so we settled down to watch Jools Holland's Hootenany.  I'm glad thinking back on it that we stayed in and watched this it was REALLY good :o)  Not just coz the Kaiser Chiefs were on it lol.........

3 vodka and cokes later we were now starting on the beers..........I felt a bit tipsy!!  But the music was good and that's all that matters.  12pm came and for me went by very quickly.  Trina moaned at me to get outside and watch the fireworks but I just couldn't be bothered with it all this year.  I wanted to watch the TV, it was a bit like an anti-climax!!  New Year's Eve does get built up far too much for nothing special to happen doesn't it??

I went out briefly to watch the fireworks, moaned at one of her neighbours (not to their face lol) that they didn't have much of a variety of fireworks, went back in and watched some more TV.  By this point Madness who were also on the show did Baggy Trousers.  I was in the mood for a boogy :o)  So I did there and then in Trina's living room lol  I also boogied my way towards the back door to let them know Baggy Trousers was playing.  They soon came back in and joined me dancing.  We pretty much danced to the end of the programme.  I have to say of all the performers that were on that show that night for example:  Paul McCartney, Seasick Steve, Kaiser Chiefs, Kate Nash, Kylie Minogue, Lulu etc.......the performance of the night was Baggy Trousers :o)  Wish I could see Madness in concert.

The rest of the evening was a bit of an anti-climax too..........Trina was upstairs, I thought she was ill but apparently she wasn't!!  I was tired and suddenly very cold, and Wayne played the Wii, when we had finished watching some stuff they had recorded.

All in all it was a good night, not quite the one i had planned but hey...............

We were supposed to be going out tomorrow night for Trina's birthday but Wayne is still poorly, Trina's not feeling brilliant and I'm feeling like crap!!  I got ill New Year's Day and felt lousy Wednesday when I went back to work and now I seem to have this awful cough thing :(  Still it could be worse according to the news today.............

Instead of going out I'm gonna spend the weekend cleaning the flat coz it's been terribly neglected over the past week or so!!  I've already done my food shopping, cycling to Sainsbugs in this weather was i mad?  It would appear so!!

Ooooo I'm forgetting the one piece of terrific news we had today :o)  Mr Brian May was on 'This Morning' and apparently he said there will be a Queen/Paul Rodgers tour sometime in September WOOHOOO....................

So we have the Foo's in June, Queen/Paul Rodgers in September and Trina has promised we will go to at least one Kaiser gig providing they do one lol............We've already missed an opportunity to go to the one they have planned but *fingers crossed* that they may announce more ............. wishing................... hoping.............jeez I'm never satisfied LOL

Hope you all have a good weekend xx

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least you had some drinks-I was sound asleep come midnight,LOL
connie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/specialadyfink/Anyway...../

Anonymous said...

I'm just getting over the cough/cold thing myself. Hope yours isn't too bad.
I watched Jools as well, good show, except I can't stand Madness. Each to his own eh?
Happy new year Jen.
B. x

Anonymous said...

I have had the lurgy since christmas day and still dont feel 100%. Belated Happy new year sorry you didnt get to kiss a random! Louise x

Anonymous said...

Hi Moany Jen ...... yes i did say that ...LOL....you had a fab time New Year and sounds like you got some good stuff to look forward too -Be Happy and get well soon.  Luv Jaynee x

Anonymous said...

Ihad that awful streaming cold before Christmas ,your new year sounded fun at least you were with friends ,poor Wayne Ibet he was grateful to stay in if he was feeling bad ,Lots to look forward too this year for you Jen ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny, I dont see Good Morning very often but I did see Brian May yesterday and thought of you and wondered if you would be watching.  You will have to come up to Scotland and bring in the New year here sometime Edinburgh has a great concert and street party every year.   Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

I`m glad you had a good New Years Eve Jen,  sounds like you did have fun. I went to a very boring party and was lucky enough to be able to leave early to put Roman to bed. If I`d have stayed I probably would have fallen alseep...lol!




Love Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen. Sounded like fun. You danced and I sang the New Year in! What a team! lol. Love Pam xx