Sunday 6 January 2008

Bestest Best Friend Wishes

Hiya Peeps ~ hope you've all had a good weekend!!  This entry is a day late but it still comes from the heart and with love :o)

31 years ago yesterday the loveliest, kindest, bestest best mate a girl could ever have was born.

 (This pic was taken 2 years ago or is it 3??  On our way to Hyde Park to see Queen + Paul Rodgers and she looks better in that hat than I do!!)

Yep, that's my Trina :o)  We met on a special day arranged by the school we were due to attend when we started big school. (Jeez that must've been in 1988!!)  Trina attended the local primary school, which was across the road of the big school and I came from a small primary in the middle of nowhere.  She was in a different class from me for a lot of things until we had to take our GCSE's.  It wasn't until the 3rd or 4th year that we became best mates.

The story behind that is hysterical.  We had been for a walk (probably walking my dog at the time lol.......) and on our way back we had an argument, cannot remember what that was about but instead of apologising one of us said 'Do you wanna be best mates then?' 

 (both of us with Roger yummm....in 2000 and something!!!)

Our love for Queen did come to the surface after Freddie died unfortunately but we make up for it in more ways than one.  We have both made some good friends through our love for the band and all things Queen and I could not imagine sharing all this good stuff with anyone else.

She is such a lovely person with a good kind heart wanting to do good things for everyone and everything even if she knows full well they don't deserve it!!   I really don't know what i would do without her.

It makes me laugh when other people judge our friendship.  A lot of them just don't understand and I should imagine that if you saw us together you too would wonder why we are such great friends.  Most of the time we do treat each rather unkindly but we both know that we are doing this in jest!!

An awful lot of our Queenie friends reckon we are like a married couple and I guess we probably are......................

 (here she is in the Hard Rock cafe with the Queen signed guitar in 2006)

I really do love her a lot and I love that we share so many things, our love for not just Queen, but also the Foo Fighters and now the Kaiser Chiefs :o)  We have so much fun and life is always good when we are together.

Well I think like I have said enough and I'm sure a lot of you will understand when you read this coz you to probably have a best mate like mine.  Even if Trina is 1 in a million!!

So to Trina.................. I hope you had a super birthday and here's to many more my dearest, sweetest friend and just keep remembering how much we have to look forward to this year ;-)

 (I do not remember when that photo was taken but i think it was sometime last year :o)

Loadsa love and hugs xx

p.s Trina I know you won't be able to see this at work but that sig pic has Roger on it ;-)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw Jenny, what a lovely thing to do for your friend. You both look like you have so much fun. You have made me smile reading this. Thanks. Love Pam xx

Anonymous said...

A really good friend is worth more than riches ,What you have with Trina is so precious ,Wish her a Very Happy Birthday from me ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen.... i know Trina reads your blog so a Happy Birthday from me to Trina.    I too have a bestest friend too - they are jus great aren't they.  I hope your friendship, love and laughter will be with you both for a lifetime.
Luv Jaynee xx

Anonymous said...

Happy happy birthday Trina.  That's a lovely cellebration entry Jen. Rache  

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Trina from across the pond!
Friendships like that are hard to come by..it's so cool to just have someone who totally "gets" you...
lyn

Anonymous said...

PS... love that last photie of the two of you :o)
Sara   xxx

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Trina :o)
Lovely entry Jen... you're right to treasure your friendship with Trina... friendships like that aren't as common as you might think hon.
Sara   xxx

Anonymous said...

Well done Jen, a great tribute to a good friend.
Happy birthday Trina.
B. x

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful tribute to your friendship with Trini. I almost feel as though I know her as well as you through your journal. Happy Belated Birthday to a wonderful friend of a delightful friend of mine. (<--Make sense) (Hugs) Indigo