Sunday 27 January 2008

Miles and Miles

Hi J-land peeps :o)  Hope this blog entry finds you well.

Here I am at 10.17pm on a Sunday evening having a bit of a boogy to the tunes on my mp3 player ~ I think I have lost the plot!!  This time of the evening is for winding down not going insane!!  I think it must have something to do with the impending concert I am attending tomorrow woohoo!!  Time off work ~ now there's a reason to rejoice if ever there was one.  LOL... Mind you I have to work in the morning and leave at lunchtimeish and go in Tuesday afternoon booooooooooooooooo.....(short break whilst I make my tea and go mad for the Foo Fighters ~ Aurora - love this track!!)

Back ~ did ya miss me??  Yep, thought so :)  Anyway I have not really done much today ~ needed to rest after yesterday lol.....Now your asking what did I do?  See I know lol.......

As the owner of the flat is due to turn up tomorrow whilst I am at work I have spent a lot of the morning yesterday cleaning and making it look tidy!!  I didn't do too much in the living room or the bedroom or the bathroom but the kitchen is practically sparkling!!  Well it was yesterday, it looks a little less sparkly today having used it to make cheesy bacon jacket spuds in it!!  That can be quite messy.  Still all the washing up is done, which is why I have my mp3 player on...........didn't want to annoy my neighbours with loud music so late at night!!  I've just updated the playlist anyway for the journey tomorrow :o)

Back to topic lol.........So I cleaned, then I had something to eat and a deserved sit down.  I watched a couple of episodes of Bleak House on DVD and then decided as it was such a sunny day I was going for a bike ride!!  Yep that's right my regular readers I do still have my trusty bike ~ you may remember it from the early days of Boredom Eats Away At Me.  However it's in desperate need of a service!!  It makes a clicking noise when I peddle and now it's started...well the best way to describe it is jump!!  The gears don't work and it's just a heap I suppose!!  After all the rain we've had though the clicking sound seemed to have disappeared so I thought I would make the most of this and venture out. (I love to cycle and going out with it clicking is embarrassing as I had little kids saying it was because I am fat!!  Now I know I'm a big girl ~ first to admit it but I have been a big girl since I've had my bike so I don't think that's the reason!!)

So I set off at a steady pace, thinking that with the jumping thing I am gonna have an accident if I'm not careful!!  It only does it when I peddle and start off......So down past the smelly factory, along by the river, across the bridge, along the cycle path and then detour across another bridge and along a path that I had a feeling was there but had no idea where it came out!!  Eventually I came out at Bridge Road which is miles (or felt like it anyway!!)  I had seen a part of Exeter I did not know existed lol...so down Bridge Road and debate whether to go back or carry on!!

Carry on won!!  I was enjoying the freedom and the exercise :o)  Across the road and down the path all along by the river.  I thought I would get to the motorway bridge and think that's enough...I got there but couldn't stop I was enjoying it far too much!!  I carried on to the lock by the ship yard near Topsham!!  I had literally gone miles...the only problem was i had to go back that way too and the bike was clicking again grrrrrrrrrrrr..at least people could hear me coming though LOL ;-) and get out of my way!!

So I sat by the river for a while enjoying the quietness and watching some of the 'nice looking' boys going past in their rowing boats :o)  After about so many minutes (didn't have my watch on me so no idea of the time) made my way back!!  It hurt coming back!!  My knee doesn't like cycling and was hurting :(  Still it must've been doing it some good hence why it was hurting!! 

I came back the long way round....why do i do that to myself?  LOL Made myself a cup of tea, and finished watching Bleak House (about six episodes in one afternoon ~ good televisual viewing me thinks!!)  I was actually out on my bike for 1 hour and 15 minutes :o)  yay me!!

My legs spent the rest of the day moaning about it *rolls eyes*  and they still don't like me today lol......so I have done nothing but sit!  Figured that was the best idea if I have to stand at the concert tomorrow!  So I watched Lilo and Stitch (good film) and spent the rest of the day on the computer!!  Finished one of my write up's so that's good.

I think this is turning into a long entry...but what's new from me huh??  So I shall log off now and look forward to the week :o)

Hope you all have a good one xx

P.s are you watching Dancing on Ice, how do you feel about poor Michael Underwood??  I thought it was really sad, I wanted him to win!! :(

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watched the Bleak House DVD recently brilliant isn't it, well done done on the cycling I only think about it but never do it..lol, Samantha Mumba knocked out tonight thought that was a shame, but the new girl did well I though.

Take Care

Yasmin
x

Anonymous said...

I wish I could jump on a bike - it sounds magic!

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's not the bike that's clicking? Maybe it's your joints? ;O)

B. x

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen had a word with hubby he knows a lot about bikes as he used to race and he said it could either be a sticking link in you chain or your bottom bracket. Hope this is of some help to you.  If I can help in any way just email me. Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

Well done you for getting out on your bike. although it may be wise to get it fixed first! lol just to be on the safe side! I was bubbling away watching poor michael. What a wee shame. Totally loving this programme. Love Pam xx

Anonymous said...

i hope your legs have recovered from the bike ride!!!! just wanted to take a look at your blog, its great, thanks for the nice comments you leave on mine btw, i do read them and smile, leanne xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny, sounds like you had a good day!  I love cycling but last time I did any was when we were on holiday in Greece a few years back - and it was hilly!  Going down the hills was great, but going up was a different matter altogether!  We cycled for about twenty miles that day and I couldn't walk properly the next day as my legs were so stiff, lol.  It kind of put me off doing any more cycling!  I should though, as I need to tone up my bottom!
You talking about cleaning has got me thinking that I should start my Spring-cleaning, lol, the weather is so nice this morning it's like early Sring instead of January and it's making me feel energetic - so I should get on with it while the mood lasts!  Take care, Roobs xxxx http://journals.aol.co.uk/rubychalluby/my-life-on-a-plate/

Anonymous said...

I had to smile at the comment you made that at least people would know you were coming through....Sounds like it was a rather wonderful bike ride. You know the saying with excersize "Feel the burn".....Hope things go well with the owner visiting and you don't have to pay more rent. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Actually sounds like the perfect day.  Wish I were able to get out like that...too old and both knees have been replaced and I have some back problems.  I am grateful that I can still walk...lol.  Have a good rest of the week.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun Jen... and I am smiling at the picture I have of you inside my head now, riding along clicking and jumping away, with a happy smile on your face, occasionally muttering "owww, my knee hurts" to yourself :o)
Sara   xxx

Anonymous said...

Hope that flat inspection goes well ,and that your legs have stopped complaning lol ...love Jan xx