Sunday 20 January 2008

Cute blokes, eating and flat worries

Evenin' all :o)  How are you?  Good weekend?

Well I actually have things to talk about in this entry (amazing I know LOL)!!  Lets see it started I think either on Tuesday or Wednesday when I was at work.  Jim and Jez's printer stopped working or something like that.  So a technical bod comes to have a look at it and see what's up!!  I turned round coz I heard a voice but didn't recognise it and all I can say is mmmmmmmmm.......He had lovely eyes :o)  tee hee hee......He went away again and when he came back I was at Jim's desk asking him a work query (and that is true believe it or not..) and declared that it was now all fixed etc.  When he walked out the door I said to Jim 'that's a shame', he asked me what and I said that if the printer was fixed he would not be coming back.  Jim laughed and said that I shouldn't be looking at pretty boys that I should be after someone handsome and rugged.  I laughed and said 'yes but Jim, your taken.'  LOL...............

Next funny event to happen at work was on Thursday I think............It was raining and windy and Jim looked out the window and declared that we were all trapped in the building and that we must feed off one another lol...........(he's a strange boy!!) So I said well in that case we shall start with you.  Then I continued and P seconds this motion.  I suddenly started laughing, looked a P and had to explain that I didn't mean we were going to have her for seconds..............ROFL....................

So that was the fun we've had at work..........not looking forward to this week coz we are gonna be bored!!  Well until Friday anyway and then the week after I have a gig to go too :o) Trina, Wayne and I are going to see Linkin Park at the O2 arena.  I've not learnt many of their words woops..............I've been trying to build up my flexi and I've got it from 2 hours up to 5 :) but that's not enough for what I need so I shall have to stay on again this week!!  Grrrr............

Anyway the other news I wanted to tell you about was the other night I had a call from the agent regarding the flat.  Apparently the owner is coming to the UK fora holiday at the end of January and is stopping off to inspect the flat.  So tomorrow the agent is stopping by to inspect it first (cleaned like mad this weekend I did) and then the following Monday when I'm at work *phew* the owner will come round.  They also wanna put the rent up!!

I have worked out my finances and can afford £50 more if needs be but the agent has said that he will press my case to the owner, the fact that I am a single person with bills etc.  Not sure what good it will do but he was suggesting a rise of £15 which isn't too bad :)  *fingers crossed people*  If it goes up anymore than that I won't have much spending money :(  I may have to think about cutting back on things.

I've been considering that when everything goes digital I might get rid of my TV.  Well keep it to watch DVD's on it but not have the usual four channels that we get now....unless of course I can get freeview!!  Or a pay rise lol.............

Pay rise is soooooooooooooooooooo not gonna happen!!  I don't remember if I've told you but we are going (well have been the last year), through a job evaluation process.  They have figured that we are being paid the correct rate but we are only 1 point away from the next grade so we have to fight right??  Well everyone else in our office that is appealing have all been given a date for their appeal..........Not us though :(  God knows what's holding it up and it's so frustrating!!  Mind you the whole process from start to finish is such a farce!!  I have no confidence in it whatsoever.................

Back to the flat business I am just hoping the owner won't see the flat and then decide to sell it!!  Mind you if that happens I am coming round to the idea of moving in with Trina and starting driving lessons!!  Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to rely on Wayne to drive me in everyday as he gets ill a lot!!  :(

Anyway I'm trying not to worry about it until it happens right?? 

This weekend was good.  I've spent most of it playing guitar hero either with Trina or on my own!!  But I have caught up with my alerts (only 9 in the inbox *yay*) She made me a chilli (low fat slimming world version) which I finished this evening (no not with a jacket spud Sandra but thanks for the idea LOL)

Other than that I think that's all my news..........I shall keep you posted as to what else goes on!!

By the way thanks for the comments to the previous entry....no I shall not explain the beard lol.......

So have a good week people, let's hope we see some dry days huh??

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenny, start fiddling with that printer until you accidently break it! lol. I hope you won't have much more to pay on the rent. I've crossed my toes!. I am totally hoping for dry day's. Been soaked through far too many times recently. Maybe this summer we might even get a summer! Wow. Forgot what that looks like! lol. Love Pam xx

Anonymous said...

Hope the rent rise won't break your bank, Jen. The Freeview box apparently costs £100 as a one-off

Anonymous said...

aww man you should of chased pretty boy down for his number!

Anonymous said...

Hope the rent rise doesnt happen! Stamp on your printer to get another visit from the "pretty boy". Louise xx

Anonymous said...

Hope the rent rise isn't too painful Jen. Now, go stick a screwdriver in that printer, you never know, you might end up with a toy boy.
B. x

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny, hope your printer breaks down again this week thats the sort of thing I would have done to get to see my Stuart only there were not even pc's in those days, you see we worked together when I first left school. A freeview box will only cost you about £20 in Tesco's or the like and there is a lot of programs on the PC now too but Freeview is great check out your area on line and see if you are in a good area for reception. Love Joan

Anonymous said...

I'm beginning to think you Brits live in pertentual wet sloggy climes (winks). Maybe this summer you'll finally get a summer (thumbs up). Sounds like fun at the office this week. Erm, umm, could you accidently do something stupid like unplug the printer , remove the power cord, hell bang the heck out of it a little. Why? well to get the good looking "nice eyes" to come back around, why else. I truly hope you don't get a rent hike. Especially with a job that hasn't undertaken the consideration that the cost of living continues to go up. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

The printer bloke sounds delishhhhhh ;-) As for free veiw, you can pick up a box for under £20 in ASDA.
Gaz xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen - nice newsy entry.   Fingers crossed that the landlord does not put up your rent - if anything your agent should negotiate a rent freeze, look - your a good tennant, always pay on time, never complain about anything, keep the flat clean and in good condition ......thats some bargaining argument you got there - he should fix the rent for the next three years without an increase cos your a model tennant.    Go for it.   and talking of going for it, why didn't you slip that hot eye candy your phone number - oh Jen, your slippin girl !!!
Luv Jaynee X

Anonymous said...

As you can tell Im playing catch up ,hope the flat rent doesnt go up ,to much ,great entry Jen ..love Jan xx