Sunday 13 January 2008

Here in body but not in spirit!!

Hello everyone!  Please note I am still not getting used to this keyboard so if you spot a mistake or two................don't blame me LOL

So a normal entry from me??  Don't expect too much ok!  Last week was ok at work.  A bit of tension occured on Tuesday or was it Wednesday?  I don't remember!!  We were called into the managers office by our team leader.  (Don't panic the manager wasn't there, it's just his room was free lol)  Well she had, had a meeting with the other team leader and her line manager and they had come to the conclusion that during our quieter moments we are to help the other team out!!  This went down like a lead balloon and the tension was rife pretty much for the rest of the day, which is a shame!!  I don't mind helping out I'd rather be kept busy than do nothing, but they do work in a slightly different way than we do and I wouldn't wanna do something then have them moaning coz that's not how they would do it ~ do you see what I mean? 

I guess we shall find out soon what they have in store anyway coz we've nearly finished our accounts and there is two weeks till the next lot is printed!!  Other news from work, the other section interviewed people on Friday and one of them P and I both recognised.  When I ran the name past Trina, it occured to me why..........I didn't like him very much!!  I don't think *fingers crossed* that they've employed him, I must find out properly tomorrow!!

Anyway enough about work onto the weekend ~ have you had a good weekend?  With no money and not seeing Trina this weekend I thought I would have the chance to bring the alerts up to date.  Let's just say I am now only two days behind in alerts lol...........

Friday after not feeling too good at work, I came home and chilled out :o)  Saturday I heard it was not gonna rain (for once) and decided to get up fairly early ~ well before 10am anyway...........and go get my food shopping.  I also stopped in at the mobile phone shop.  Hopefully in 60 days I shall recieve some money back!!

Came home from food shopping (which was manic!) chilled for a bit then cleaned the flat.  Then chilled for a bit more, before going out for a walk.  Went the long way round to Boots and strolled a bit further with the thought of going in Staples.  It wasn't there anymore so I came home and just in time coz it started raining (surprise, surprise).  Played some guitar hero, had a nap and then logged on.

Why did I do that?  My weekend could've been better and stayed on a happier note!! 

Where I live there is an email group of some of the residents, basically to share news and possible meet-ups (they went to the pub last year!) and there was an email in my inbox from one of the residents of the next block of flats.  This is hard to explain but basically there's like a quadrangle of flats which is where i am and then further up the road but look the same is another complex, but the residents there are also included in this email. 

He wanted to tell us that, that morning at about 4am he had, had someone potentially trying to break in!!  I freaked out reading this and to be honest with you I'm still freaked thinking about it now!  I know these type of things go on but here you feel kinda safe.  The main front door can only be opened by people who have keys.  Sometimes though they are left on the latch or someone comes in and doesn't bother to make sure it is shut properly you've got a problem!!  Luckily this bloke managed to stop them from getting in but lost them as he tried to chase them.

I am a single girl living on my own (not that i wanna advertise this) and at the time highly emotional, so I was freaked.  What if they came back and targeted my flat?  I know I'm probably being extremely paranoid but you don't know......................So last night I couldn't sleep!!  I lied there listening to the wind and any sort of strange noise wondering what it was...........I think in all I probably had about 2 hours sleep.

Mind you it was nice that Jools Holland's Hootenany was repeated last night ~ shame they cut most of it though :(  Such as Madness with 'our house'!!  In the end though I kept thinking how happy I was dancing round like a bit of a prat when it was on originally and how suddenly Ididn't feel happy anymore :(

Today I've done nothing, apart from have a long lie in followed by a bacon sandwich :o)  I did play some more guitar hero (I hate tom morello!) and spent the rest of the day on the computer catching up on message boards etc.

Tonight I've watched Dancing on Ice, Larkrise to Candleford, the end of Sense and Sensibility and the Dancing on Ice skate off.  TV is quite good during the winter isn't it?  Nice to see Al Murray back too and he keeps mentioning Queen :o)  Shame Cerys Matthews had to murder Don't Stop Me Now!!!!

Anyway i should head bedwards otherwise who knows whether I'm going to concentrate tomorrow...............oh my noisy neighbour has come home during the last few hours and he's already banging about *groan* lol

Thanks for reading xx

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you get a better sleep Jenny. If you can hear your neighbour, then that's not a bad thing. Make you feel a little more secure. I watched a lot of t.v. tonight too. I loved the dancing on ice. Love Pam xx

Anonymous said...

At least if you can hear your neighbour chances are he could hear you ,should you need him so go to sleep and stop worrying ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Hang a saucepan lid on the door handle at night. And keep a baseball bat under the pillow.
Sweet dreams. ;O)

B. x

Anonymous said...

I can understand being worried someone might break in. I've lived in quite a few questionable neighborhoods , while I was single. I got to the point of telling friends if they didn't call or email before coming over, dont' bother I wasn't opening the door for anyone after a certain hour. Hope they don't hire the guy you don't like. Nothing like having someone around you despise. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Try not to worry Jenny when I have been alone overnight when Stuart has been in hospital I always have a good check around and make sure all the doors and windows are locked I always put the bedroom light on ten minutes or so  before bed so I go into a warm glow when I go into the room, with my hearing I have to be so careful but I have found this works for me, sleep well Jenny. Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

Joan`s right Jenny, try not to worry too much, I doubt the would-be thief will be back in a hurry. You have good security and thieves like to get in and out quickly, something they wouldn`t be able to do. The TV is quite good at the moment, I watched Lark Rise to Candleford and have taped sense and Sensabilty, I just hope it stays like that all winter.



Love Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Glad your well Jenny. Dont let work get you down to much, and I hope they didn't employ the knobhead you dont like.
I dont know if you've got this already, but I found this Queen thing on this site.

http://concerts.wolfgangsvault.com/dt/queen-concert/20050665-5660.html

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen, sorry to hear about the break-in, can well understand it would make you feel uneasy.   It really wild an windy here and a plant pot got blown against my front door - i thought someone was barging their way in ...LOL..... your weekend sounded a bit like mine .... solitary !!
Luv Jaynee x