Sunday 2 April 2006

Portsmouth

So let's continue with the 7 years ago today saga - just this one and one more to go peeps!!  No photos to go with this entry and you'll find out why!!
 
APRIL 2nd - PORTSMOUTH PYRAMIDS
 
We got there at 1pm and found out that the concert hall was next door to a indoor swimming pool :-)  The images of Roger in the pool kept me going lol......Trina and I were about 10th in the queue which was not so bad.  At one point I went for a wander round the back of the hall and found my Belgian penpal and as I was talking to her, the White Star Line van turned up, followed by of course, practically everyone I knew from the queue!!  Of course we waited for the band to get out.
 
I managed to get Mike to sign my EF cover and whilst he was I stopped Matt to get him to sign it too.  When Mike was signing I watched Jason walk past.  Bless him, he looked so desperate for someone to ask him to sign something.  Nobody did though!!  I noticed Steve (bass player) signing stuff for other people and I went over and he also signed my cover.  It was a great feeling, the only other person needed to complete the signatures was Keith.  Trina promised to ask him to do that when they were leaving.
 
When Roger turned up I didn't get to see much of him as there were crowds of people.  We saw the van leave again a little while later, as we were stood in the queue.  We also saw Roger's children Rufus and Rory.  During the show we saw his partner Debbie holding Lily who was sound asleep ~ bless!!
 
The gig was good even the security before hand!!  So a big cheer to them!  Unfortunately during this gig I found myself comparing it to Wolverhampton and that just wasn't fair.  I managed to share a few looks with Roger and Jason, I think!!  I say that coz the light's were terrible again and I could only see Jason's face when he stood in front of the light.  I tried for the plec but as usual he ignored me ;-)  Also we weren't allowed to take pics so unfortunately you can't see any from this gig!!
 
I decided to talk to Jason after the gig, when Roger left the place emptied.  There was about 7/10 of us left.  The band came out and I got Jason to sign Trina's EF cover.  He said he would if I could hold his can of lager.  I replied that I suppose I could, oh dear lord what is wrong with me, I should have taken a sip ;-)
 
I did ask him when were we going to hear his own material and his answer was he didn't know!  Nice and helpful.  A girl who was standing nearby, asked her to have pic taken with him and gave me her camera.  There was her and Jason and eventually Mike posing for this picture to be taken.  I just stood there holding this camera asking which button I had to press.  This girl kept saying the grey button.  There was like 10 buttons on this thing but none of them were grey.  So I had to keep asking and Jason and Mike were telling me which one to press it was highly embarrassing!!
 
Trina managed to get Keiths autograph for me.  She said he thought he'd already signed it.  My whole album was now signed by everyone on there apart from Jonathan Perkins and Keith Airey.  Cool huh?
 
But what would we do - it's the last gig tomorrow................
 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad your Portsmouth gig went well too! Jeannette.  

Anonymous said...

 Very Cool And, I bet youll keep them forever ,Love your siggy on this entry ...Have a good week .........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Woohoo, something special about getting their autographs. Glad you enjoyed it

Anonymous said...

You had a great time  wish I had been there but am a bit long in the tooth for that sort of thing. Love joan.

Anonymous said...

brilliant getting their autographs, glad you had a good time............Jules xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time - I used to do the same with the footballers!! Followed them everywhere - team?? Brighton and Hove Albion of course LOL xxxxx Laine xxxxxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/elainey2465/MyArtWorld/

Anonymous said...

It must have been a fun and exciting time for you.    mark