Wednesday 5 April 2006

Back to normal

hello everyone...............how are you doing?  So back to normal entries from me.......I'm trying to think of ways to spruce up the ol' thing but ideas are very slack at the moment!!  It's always the same with me, I'm either full of ideas but don't know how to put the wheels in motion with them or don't have any ideas whatsoever!!  lol  I did think about maybe some ghosty stories of Devon at weekends.  Perhaps I might even bring the quiz back - I'd be grateful if you could let me know if you would be interested in doing the quiz - then perhaps if I do, do it I could email you when I've done an entry, just in case your still getting those silly wireless alert thingys!!
 
So anyway.........Trina's in Blackpool for a few days.  I've told her all the places and all the things she should do/visit.  For example I said she has to have a go on the horses game at the pleasure beach, the one where you throw the balls and the horse moves along the corresponding moves.........never mind!!  I just remember going on them when my ex and I went to Blackpool and the blokes running the stall they do commentary type stuff during the game and make fun of you if your losing - it's a good laugh and your pretty much guaranteed to win something if you have a go!  Also told her to visit the tower - gotta be done in Blackpool and to visit the Tower Circus......loved that!!  Also to visit the zoo......it was the first time my fascination with elephants started.  They were being cleaned and the keeper made them lift their feet and it was just so sad to watch, especially as they looked unhappy.  Then when they were being led out, one grabbed the other's tail with his trunk.  Plus I told her there's a bus that takes you to the zoo.......
 
I get a text yesterday to say the Pleasure Beach is closed until the weekend, so unless they can find the horses game in one of the amusment arcades they won't be able to have a go!!  Todays text informs me the circus doesn't start until Saturday *rolls eyes* out of season I suppose!!  It's just typical isn't it?  Still she managed to do the walk of fear at the top of the tower.  That's better than I ever achieved lol......................Tonight they are at their gig!!
 
Sarah has gone to America - but we won't talk about that lol........I'm not bitter.........well I'm not...........I'm just very jealous LOL..........Sent her a text when I left work, I have no idea what the time is over there........I had to remind her to get my Beanie hat!!  God knows when the gigs are - I try to avoid the list so I don't feel too upset lol.........
 
Work was crap today!  Thought I was fine until I sat down and a wave of anger washed over me for no apparent reason.  So I've been in a bit of a mood for most of the day.  Relaxed a little bit towards the end.  It's just sooooooooooooo boring.............always the same names that come up who haven't paid and always the same letters being sent to them.  I think I did two things quite badly today but only because I just couldn't give a damn.  I picked up the phone with that attitude and it was probably the worst call ever lol............well I can laugh about it now!!  What else is crap is team leader and P were moaning about the other team all morning.  This made me feel bad, coz although the other team were being loud which is unnecessary - their team leader gave me a pressie!!  I'd brought a jar of her mum's raspberry jam a while ago and she'd brought in another pot for me!!  Yummy...........and when team leader had left for the afternoon and P still wasn't back from lunch she showed me the pics of her daughter's hen night (it looked like they had, had a really good night!) It annoys me that everyone is so two faced in that office!!  I know i've spouted on about this before but there is just such a high level of it in that office it's unbelieveable!!  Anyway I shall stop moaning about that.   Their team leader had also brought in cake as it's her 26th wedding anniversary, but I didn't have any...........I'm well chuffed with myself lol
 
I'm concerned as one of my ebay purchases hasn't turned up and I paid for it last Thursday!!  Grrrrrr..........If it hasn't turned up by Saturday I shall email them to complain.........I don't like doing that butit's gotta be done if I've paid and not received the goods...........I only hope it's not lost - it's not something that they can clearly send out another one to replace it!!  Fingers crossed everyone........
 
Well I reckon I've droned on enough for one night.........until next time peeps xx
Take care.....
 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awireless alert again ,you must be missing so many readres I've got you on my favourite list so its not too bad ,aww I'm sorry all your chums are away ,and you are at home at work its not fair is it ,,Iknow how you feel about the two faced people its unpleasant isnt it ?..........and yes Devon ghost storys would be good ...........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I love that donkey derby is it called, they had changed it to camels last time I was on the pleasure beach, where you roll the balls and the horse/camel moves along. I played that for hours as a child, being brought up just outside Blackpool. It s a shame I took it for granted till I moved and I now miss it so much..........Jules xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen, just wanted to tell you that I have not been in Blackpool for over 40 years oh that makes me sound awful old does'nt it well we went the weekend before Easter and the Pleasure Beach was closed all those years ago I thought it may have moved with the times and opened a bit earlier in the year by now. Just thought I would mention that. LOve Joan.

Anonymous said...

I think you've missed your calling Jen, you'd be great as a travel adviser........I wish I was in Blackpool, it sounds fun the way you tell it. Rache

Anonymous said...

Hi Sorry I have not visited for a while but retirement and moving house took over! I would be interested in doing the quiz. Everything opens up at Easter...what a pity the Pleasure Beach was closed as that is the best part of Blackpool. It is annoying when everyone is away except you isn't it! Love Connie

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen, I've been really bad at keeping up with reading journals again! Hope your Ebay purchase turns up soon!
http://journals.aol.co.uk/irisclyde/LaDolceVita