Monday 3 April 2006

London Town c'mon down!!

Evenin' all :-) Hope your all ok?
 
Well just the last entry of the 7 years saga to go!!  Then it's back to normal entries although I shall try and find some things to boast them up a bit!
 
The day has been ok.  Typing accounts pretty much all day and answering the phone.  Felt very tired this afternoon so started flagging a bit!!  I did spot one mistake this morning so yay me :-)  Rest of the week is gonna be fairly quiet.  Trina is off to Blackpool for a few days and Sarah is off to America!!  So jealous of them both, but it's probably coz they are getting time off work - which I would love!!  P asked if I had any days booked off in April - I said that I'm hoping to build up my flex so I can have a monday or friday off.  So far I have about 1/2 a day built up :-( 
 
Anyway no more mutterings........Just to say there is photos for this gig I've just been too lazy to scan them in.  I will in a couple of days and will let you know!!  Onwards.......
 
APRIL 3rd LONDON ASTORIA
 
Well here it was, the big one and the end of the tour.  God we had, had a good time.  Anyway we got there for 10am after leaving the B&B in a hurry and leaving most of the breakfast to go and catch our train to London.  Can you believe some people had got there for 7am, and you thought we were mad!!
 
Our friends all went to this one and the queue wasn't that big when we got there.  When Sandie turned up, (we'd returned the favour and saved her a space), we went and checked into our B&B.  When we got back she told us she'd thought about giving Treana some flowers and thought everyone might like to chip in.  It was a great idea, so I suggested we should do the same for the band.  (Well not flowers, but we'd think of something!)  So we asked all the girls who stood in the front row to give something and off Sandie and I went to buy gifts for Treana and the band.
 
For the band there was only one thing we could get them and that was a crate of lager, flippin' heavy it was too!!  We also picked a nice bunch of flowers for Treana.  When we managed to struggle back everyone thought it was great what we had got.  There was also a million and one cards to sign.  One for the band.......I won't tell you what I wrote LOL.........One for Roger, I think I wrote something along the lines of 'we're saving for the next tour already' ;-)
 
Eventually the band's van turned up and everyone who had given something towards the lager all went down to give it to them.  We got our chance when for some unknown reason the door opened.  Sandie who had the lager, gave it to Matt and said it was for them all and to say thanks for a great tour.  He was so sweet, he kept saying, 'is it really for us?' They all said thanks, I could see Jason, who was sitting at the back and he put his thumb up :-)  We all watched the band go in, then resumed our place in the queue as we had heard Roger wasn't going to turn up for a sound check.  I had lost Trina and Sandie but they said they were going to save me a place.  When I finally got into the building I followed Matt up the stairs and claimed my usual spot in front of Jason.
 
The gig was FANTASTIC!!  Unfortunately for me I was surrounded by Jason fans!!  Sandie was next to three foreign girls who went mad and kept talking to him and all sorts of other stuff.  They even chucked confetti and strands of stuff all over him.  I think he started to get annoyed by it!!  Anyway here's the best bits...............
 
- During London Town when Roger introduces the band, he had done Mike, Keith and got to Steve.  Everybody in the crowd on his side of the stage namely people we knew, started chanting 'Steve, Steve' Roger stood there listening to them and went over to the crowd and pointed the microphone at them.  When they finished he announced Steve, then Matt and finally it was Jason's turn.
 
- Believe this or not but I started the chant for Jason :-)  (you can hear it on the bootleg of the gig ;-)  Jason looked bewildered and Roger just looked at us!!  He pointed his microphone in our direction.  Trina told me later Jason mouthed thank you to everyone in front of him, but she noted he said it to me personally and accentuated the word!!  You probably think she just said that to shut me up, but it's true and you can see that on the video of the gig ;-)  Bless him!!
 
- Jason then did his solo spot and he played the guitar with his teeth and then behind his back.  It was totally amazing to watch.............
 
- During a quiet bit we asked if he was enjoying the lager, he said thanks but they hadn't started it yet.
 
- When he was playing, can't remember which song, Roger walked over to Jason as it was his guitar bit.  We started yelling for Rog, but he thought we were screaming for Jason so he stood behind him and played with his ears and blinded him for a second.  Then I think he ruffled his hair.......bless!!  Just made me yell even more ;-)
 
- When the gig was over I started yelling at Jason for his plectrum.  When he looked in my direction, Trina mouthed plectrum and pointed to me.  There were at least 5 people shouting for it, but he bent down and flicked it inmy direction!!
 
- Just before Roger did London Town he mentioned the familiar people being in the audience like he did in portsmouth and he pointed in our direction.  :-)
 
So that was it!!  We were going round to the back entrance when we noticed around the front, Spike Edney, (had my piccie taken with him :-) (Editors note for those who don't know Spike has played keyboards for Queen for a long time!) , Tony Hadley and Bob Geldof emerge.  When we did get round the back Jason emerged.  Not long after Mike, Keith and some woman left in the Star Line Van.  Poor Jason was carrying two big suitcases, but I stopped him to have a picture taken.  Trina said he stuck his tongue out before he gave a massive grin lol
 
Trina was then asked by someone else to take their picture with Jason.  So Trina said 'oh don't mind me I'm just the photographer.'  A bloke who had been standing on the side lines watching said something about how nobody ever wanted his picture.  Trina told him to join in and he went and stood in front of Jason and this woman, with his arms spread wide blocking their view.........lol.............we later found out that was Jason's dad, Papa Falloon!!
 
Someone else asked Jason if he was with his mum, pointing to the fairly young looking woman.  He gave a cute embarrassed look and said it was his mum.  I asked him again about the lager and very sincerely he thanked us for it!  As he was leaving I said goodbye and he told me to take care :-)
 
Roger left not long afterwards with his kids but there was far too many people so I couldn't see him :(  But OH MY GOD!!  What an absolute blast we had.........ROLL ON THE NEXT ONE!!
 
And thus endeth the tour diary!!  Not long after and this is taking obsession to the extreme, Trina and I joined the Falloons fan club and went to see them a few times at gigs in Surrey!  If you like Irish folky music then go look em up coz they are really good and Papa Falloon is a right character :-)  One time we went up to see them they played a gig in the evening and the next day was playing one at a pub.  When we told Jason we were going, he offered us a lift.  You can imagine how freaked out I was lol.......So I sat in the front passenger seat with Trina in the back with verbal diarohea!!  lol.........Unfortunately this was the point he was to tell me he was emigrating to live abroad with his woman!!  Last time we saw him was December 30th 1999.  Bless him..............
 
Anyway that's all for now!!
speak to you all soon xx
 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh you know how to enjoy yourself I'd have liked to watch Jason playing his guitar with his teeth ,crazy ,............Jan xx         wireless alert for this

Anonymous said...

You must have been really fed up when it was all over and you had to go back to a 'normal' life, glad you had such a good time roll on the next one. Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

From your description you could not have had a more exciting time.    It is something I am sure you will remember always with great affection.    mark

Anonymous said...

sounds like an absolutely brilliant time, wireless alert for this..........Jules xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/