Friday 14 April 2006

Good Friday catch up!!

Hiya Everyone - Happy Easter to you all - woohoo four days off work   :-)  What could be better??  I know there's probably tons of things lol...............
 
Firstly thanks for your co-operation regarding my alerts!!  Apparently my theory isn't correct so I don't know if I should tell you what it was lol.......it's funny though isn't it that when you don't want it to work it does *rolls eyes*  Bet it doesn't with this entry!!  Ok well basically my theory was I thought maybe the wireless alerts were only happening in the evening as there are usually a lot more people on line at that time!!  Obviously not!!
 
Well what's been happening to update you guys with........well there's a few things actually but none of it is very interesting!!  On Wednesday I got to work and L asked what was going on in Commercial Road.  Apparently it had been closed!!  I had no idea where Commerical Road was but still didn't have an idea.  At lunch time team leader read the local news and there was a body found...........arrrggghhh that's near here!!  Well not too near but even so..........it's still a nasty thing!!  I read the update later that night and apparently there was no obvious cause of death.  Not heard anything more about it, when I do I'll let you know!!
 
The ducks have started to have their babies on the river :-)  I saw one on Thursday when I was walking home and I'm not joking but I swear she had at least 13 babies.  They were so cute.  I shall have to keep my camera with me in case I see them again!!  I remember trying to do that last year but to no avail!!  No doubt she'll disappear this year too!!
 
So 4 days off work - woohoo!!  But I have no money!!  But I need new work shoes and possibly new trainers arrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh!!  Gonna look up town tomorrow andsee what I can find - cheaply - wish me luck lol.
 
Today I've done literally nothing and feel quite tired!!  It's funny that when you do nothing it makes you tired isn't it??  I've watched the following so far:  24 hour party people - 2 episodes of the Muppets - The Guru and Flash Gordon (althought the TV mag said batteries not included, so I missed the beginning).  Flash Gordon makes me laugh - the acting in that is worse than Footballers Wives.  Anybody who watches that didn't you laugh at Webbsy's acting as he fell down the lift shaft?  Shame it's finished though, Thursday's TV night and I resisted the urge to turn the computer on last night ;-)
 
I did go for a walk today and didn't see the duck.  The thingy boat went past so I guess that's probably scared her off :-(  Hope she will come back so I can get a pic for you guys!!
 
AOHell is doing my head in something good and proper!!  It's logged me off so many times during the past few days that I just get fed up with it and don't bother logging back on!!
 
Work's been alright and Team Leader gave us a tub of mini-eggs each!!  Wasn't that nice of her?
 
Yesterday I thought I'd do my food shopping as I have no idea what the opening times are during the weekend.  The traffic was a nightmare though.  I was glad I was on my bike so I can weave in and out of the traffic lol...........They even apologised for it over the tannoy and said they'd been onto the local council to get the traffic lights to change a lot quicker.  Madness!!
 
Well I hope you have a super weekend.  Trina's coming round tomorrow so that'll be cool!!
 
Take care................
Best wishes
graphic c/o Dianna @ sazzycreations :-)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter to you too!  I don't watch Footballer's Wives but my 10 year old son does - apparently! He woke up in a sweat at about 11pm last night crying that he'd had a nightmare...found out today that the naughty boy had been watching TV in his room (he's not allowed at that hour) and something on F'sWives disturbed him...never!!!! Course it did! Anyway he's vowed he wont be watching that again! Thank goodness it's finished. Have to sympathise with you about AOL, had the same problems myself, irritating isn't it?  Forget about that though and have a great weekend x

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen ~ shame you wasn't right on AOLell alerts ~ it's driving me nuts mate :-) Hope you can find some bargains up the shops, and the ducks, would love to see pics of the babies ! I didn't get anything from work for Easter so WTG with your tub of mini eggs LOL
Have a great Easter  :-)
Hugs ~x Debbie x~

Anonymous said...

pity your theory wasn't right but good on you for trying. I love seeing all the new babies in the spring, especially little ducklings........eww at the body being found, I feel sorry for the person but you never expect it to be near you. I got a proper alert for this entry.................Jules xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter to you too! The weather has cheered up a bit and that will be great for all the spring flowers still trying to flower here in the North. Hope you have a relaxing few days off from work.Luv Conniex

Anonymous said...

Have a good Easter yourself. I wish I had 4 days of, ive only got 2

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen,  Well I got an alert this time, though I often don`t, AOL drives you mad sometimes doesn`t it?  I thought Flash Gordon was terrible too, we saw it at the cinema when it first came out.  My son Danny was only young at the time and kept jumping to his feet shouting out " Flash ah ha".  It was so funny, not that everyone thought so...lol!  I thought that the fall down the lift shaft was hilarious along with the worlds worst acting.  You never know Footballers Wives may come back if only to tie up the many loose ends.  Have a lovely Easter holiday. :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Four days off... hope you're enjoying yourself m'dear :o)
You're right, you do feel tired when you've done nothing, why is that?
Sometimes a day in front of the telly is nice though, tired or not :o)
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your four days off ,especially with Trina (Iknow you will lol ) you feel tired !,its when you stop ,while your doing it you are on a roll ,So relax ..........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I try now to watch too much telly during the day since i retired as I don't want to make it a habit, but when you work you ar entitled to what you like  Hope you have a lovely Easter and enjoy the visit of your friend. Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

Four days off Jen.........lucky u, do the whole chill and relax business :)  Flash Gordon is tongue in cheek acting but you know if I'm in the mood I'd still watch it.  Baby duckies on the water sound good.....pack some bread in your bag for when you pass them by.  Have a wonderful few days off. Rache

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen
Just been catching up with your journal - sounds like its all been going on, dead bodies, ducks and babies, early morning walks before breakfast ...... i'm worn out !!!  Hope you are still enjoying your four days off - whoa!
Happy Easter
Luv Jayne xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/funnyface0s0/SingleGirl

Anonymous said...

I did get your alert for this entry.   A few wireless alerts had popped up listing your journal recently.   Hope you get some photos of anything where you live.   They may seem common to you but they are totally new to us.   Wishing you a great Easter.   mark