Saturday 19 May 2007

We Wait and We Wonder..........

Evenin' all :-)

So anyone who knows me, knows I'm not really a sports fan.  I watch England football matches when they are in the world cup or whatever coz it's exciting and we wait and we wonder to see how far they will take it.  Tomorrow is no exception only it's not England that's playing.

Exeter City Football Club have made it to the play-off final for the Conference League and are off to Wembley for the big day tomorrow.  Apparently 26,000 people are going to cheer them on.........Unfortunately I am not!!

It's hard to not get caught up in the excitment the whole town is buzzing, last time we were this excited for the team was when they met Manchester United in some cup game!!  I remember watching that on TV with Wayne, he got so excited it was funny to watch bless him :-)  Unfortunately I can't watch tomorrow's match on TV either :(

Well I felt I had to post and mark this great occassion and I hope Exeter can win and progress to League 2 or something like that coz otherwise there will be local derby's next season as Torquay was demoted and that could turn nasty!!

So cheer them on people................C'mon Grecians we know you can come home heros :-)

Jenny xx

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't do much footie either. Apparently there was a game of some importance on yesterday, or so I'm told.
Goof luck to Exeter.
B. x

Anonymous said...

I'll cheer them on Jenny ~ hope they win ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

I wish them luck for you Jenny!!! :o)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Good luck to Exeter! I remember back in the 80's, I think, when Brighton got to the cup final and played against Chelsea, I think. It went to a replay, I think!! I think Chelsea won. As you may be able to tell, I don't like football and have no interest in it at all. Best of luck to Exeter anyway! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I missed it.  Did you tell us the result?  I'm thinking yes, will skip ahead and have a look!
:o)
Sara   x
(skipping ahead!)

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I missed it.  Did you tell us the result?  I'm thinking yes, will skip ahead and have a look!
:o)
Sara   x
(skipping ahead!)

Anonymous said...

Very important it was, that I tell you that twice :o)
Sara   x