Tuesday 8 May 2007

Major catch up

WOOHOO I've got my alerts down from over 70 something to 11 over the last 2 days YAY me!!  What a way to spend your day off huh??  LOL...........I have done other things!!  So I've not done a proper entry for a while and promised I would so here it is :-)  I've even made notes so I can remember what I haven't told you tee hee hee.........

So let's start with work even though it sucks still LOL I'm not gonna say too much about it but the other week the big boss type bloke called me into his office and another person.  There was me panicking like I usually do when I get called into a managers office and mentioned about one of the other blokes workload increasing so he can no longer be the Cardinus representative.  Our names had apparently been risen as we are sensible people *cough cough* and would we like to do it?  My initial reaction ~ run, run as fast as you can, but my actual answer 'Yeah sure why not?'  Variety I was thinking ;-)  I know your thinking what a sucker!!  LOL..........

So now your asking what is Cardinus??  To break it down into English it's basically the health and safety people for the room.  Make sure the wires are not sticking out and people aren't in trouble etc.............We have to do a training course, which only lasts a morning/afternoon and the bloke that's doing it now has to transfer over to us at some point.  My team colleagues have been having a right laugh at this *rolls eyes* they have made all sorts of demands on me for shelfs and chairs etc..   It's quite funny really...............a least I can see the funny side to it!!

Other than that nothing much has happened ~ had that nasty woman on the phone the other day............I think I told you about her (note:  go check older entries LOL) well she was really nice to me ~ it was such a relief :-)

The only other thing to happen I wanted to talk to big boss the other day and I made my way towards his office, only to find he was on the phone.  I turned round and went back to my desk.  He came out to find me as he had seen me walking his way and mentioned that it looked like I had sworn.  Blushing furiously I made up some excuse about how I wouldn't have done that!!  For the rest of the afternoon though my good mood disappeared coz I couldn't remember whether I had said something or not.....don't you just hate it when that happens!!

I am still applying to various other places and one recently I would've loved to work in.  It was for a special school just across the road from where I work now and for more money (which to be honest was the first attraction lol).  I filled out my application form, Trina checked it and I sent it off.  Wishing, hoping and praying............I was really pleased with my form it was definitely the best I had completed in a long time ~ even Trina thought so LOL...............But tomorrow they are holding their interviews and I've not heard anything :(

In a way there is a little relief from that as I suspected if I was gonna hear it would've been on Friday and as I am off today and probably would've needed more time tomorrow, I couldn't imagine myself ringing in and trying to explain it LOL............Such a wimp me!!

So now I think I may give up for a while on looking for another job ~ see what happens at this one..........change is a coming in the current office!!  Watch this space!!

So onto better subjects LOL.........my personal life ~ well life outside of work at least (oh whose just written another entry and made my alerts up to 12 grrrrrrrrr @ you........well not really but you know what I mean ;-)  A few weekend's ago, one of our Queenie buddies, Sheila came down to stay with Trina so I went down to join them.  It was a good laugh!!  We went to the beach, went 10 pin-bowling.  I was almost in danger of getting a row of 0's in the bowling ~ Highly embarrassing!! Trina paid for me just to humiliate myself LOL........Me thinks I should stay away from that!!  We went for pizza, then watched Bill Bailey Part Troll (so funny) and Tenacious D's Pick of Destiny brilliant movie!!  Trina's hubby has this new TV which we all had to ooooooooo and ahhhhh over so it was cool watching stuff on that!!

Because Wayne has a new TV, I enquired what they were doing with the old one but Trina said "we'll discuss that later."  LOL.........Never one to let a subject lie (except at work), I asked her more questions.  She managed to stay away from responding though.  When we were getting into the car for them to take me home, they put this TV in the car too :-)  Guess whose now the owner of a widescreen TV ~ yep me *YAY* Don't I have the bestest of friends!!  They say it's part of my birthday pressie :-) No more watching the 15" screen ~ can watch Queen/Foo's DVD's and see them at the height they were meant to be LOL  It certainly makes a difference when playing Guitar Hero 2.  Ask Trina she's been getting 4 stars since I got that TV LOL...............No it's not the player it's definitely the TV ;-)

Other things to tell you ~ last week or was it the week before ~ well whatever that's not the point here.........I dyed my hair again as the grey's are far too drepressing!!  I brought a colour which is supposed to be a deep reddish brown.  The compliments I've had are cool ~ one of the teamleaders mouthed to me that she liked my hair, Jim's noticed and being a bloke that's impressive LOL.........bless him!!  Then I went to get it cut and the dye was still coming out when they washed it which was slightly embarrassing, but the lady cutting it said it was a nice colour :-)  To top it off I had brought some new work tops in Matalan.  I went with the idea I would spend no more than £20 as I was waiting to be paid and I only really need 3.  I walked out with 2 for £8 :-)  One is black and I wore it to work expecting comments about being dressed for a funeral as I was in all black but oh no...............my team colleagues were very complimentary about it!!  I felt great that day!!  Love receiving compliments me!!

Trina came to stay on Friday ~ she's still not good but getting better which is all I shall say :-)  As it was sunny Friday evening we walked home via the Port Royal and had a pint.  It was very pleasent sitting out by the river, it was almost a shame to come home.  We watched Christine ~ based on the Stephen King novel and playedGuitar Hero 2.  I'm still on medium level and I tried practicsing on hard level earlier.  I have to get better than Wayne he keeps unlocking the new songs!!  I couldn't manage it though and gave up very quickly LOL..........I have managed to unlock a new guitar available for purchasing in the store on the medium level lol........you have to get 5 stars on every song on the easy level...........Yes I know I should've done that by now!!  *cough cough*

On Sunday I went for a walk, and on my way back the most loveliest looking man jogged past me.  I could tell he had a nice body and his face Mmmmmmmmmm.......He has the look of a rugged man but rawr.........It's hard to describe him but wow that brightened up my day.  He jogged past me again but I couldn't find out where he went as the boat made the bridge move and I had to wait for it to come back damn it!!  He was doing stretches by the flats though so maybe he lives around here :-)  Yeah dream on Jen!!

Well I reckon your sufficiently caught up on the life and times of Jen.  Today I've been playing around in PSP as Trina asked for a convention wallpaper, which gave me the bug as I haven't done anything like that in a long time.  As I've been searching for graphics on the web for the past few days I've made my own sigs :-)  They aren't as good as those we get from Donna, Chris, Emmi, Jenny etc etc...........but I'm proud of them lol...........I think I shall finish this entry with one of them :-)

Next entry will be the final part of the convention unless something fandabe doosie happens!!  Well you never know ;-)

tee hee hee I had fun making that one :-)  Dave's carrying a bag of me or whatever that is LOL

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a nice newsy entry Jen. Sounds as though your bowling is as good as mine.
Bill Bailey is excellent, so surreal.
Oh, and you know you should NEVER volunteer for anything! B. x

Anonymous said...

Finally an update on you. Sounds as work is being it's usual stress setter lol. But if things are changing perhaps the changes will be in your favor. Trini is the coolest for giving you the tv. I have to have everthing close captioned so if it wasn't for a large screen tv. that might be near impossible to enjoy the show as well as read the captioning. Rugged man huh??? Gotta let us know if you spot him again (winks).
(Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Great to hear from you a nice chatty entry too .where is the picture of the new hair colour,and the new tops ,How lovely of Wayne and Trina to give you their old tele ,great friends aret they ?,did Idetect a hint in there ? ....love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

finally a new entry! Glad to hear from you, Jen. YAY for the TV, aren´t Trina and Wayne the best friends one can have? If the TV is only PART of your birthday pressie I´m curious, what the rest may be...

Anonymous said...

Wow...a TV for your B-day! Way cool! :o) I'd love to see your hair color too! :o)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

He he, bowling is fun, I'm about as good as you are :o)
Yay for the telly, chuckles at you playing guitar hero on it already.  When we got our widescreen telly the first thing I did was re-play all my games on it.  Do we get to see a pic of the new hair colour?  Am nosy, want to see!  Am glad that your workmates gave you compliments on your new outfit m'dear, am sure they were well deserved too, good for you :o)  
Sara   x   <~~ likes a bit of ruggedness in a man, rawr :o)

Anonymous said...

You had my out of breath reading this lol, such a lots been going on in your life.  I hope you are getting a pay rise with your new title at work.. You do have some fantastic friends and they are have a fantastic friend in you.... Jenn if you get to talk with this fantastic looking guy ask if he as a brother. lol noooooo forget that one. It that little saying you came out with i have nighmares about the Krankies that scottish person thats a women dressed as a school boy yukkkeeeee!!!! something very sad about that duo.
Love and hugs
Katie

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen, nice to catch up on what you've been up to lately - I wish I had something interesting to write about!  my life seems to be work, home, sleep, work..... how boring am I?  lol.   Glad your hair turned out nice, I have to keep dying mine every couple of weeks or so 'cos it keeps trying to go back to blonde!  Well I'll be off now - I'm in the middle of a bottle of baileys and I need to go replenish my glass!  Seeya, Ruby xxxxx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/rubychalluby/ruby-writes......./

Anonymous said...

Being a health and safety rep is a great way to waste time at work whilst looking busy. Try and get the fire officer job aswell, because you get to go on a training course with some firemen!!

Anonymous said...

Wow on the new tell you will find it great. We are going to have to put up with a portable for the next two weeks on holiday but we don't watch too much on hols so it does not matter. Hope you see your hunky jogger again. Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen - gosh what a newsy entry - sounds like you've been enjoying life .... rock on !!!    Oh and next time that guy jogs by, slip a piece of paper with your number on it into his hand ;o)
Luv Jaynee x

Anonymous said...

You have too much ability and energy too be stuck in a boring job at work.    I hope you are given a job that allows you to use your talent to solve problems.    You recreational life is great and what fantastic friends to not tell you what they would do with the old TV and then just put it in the car for you to take home.    You do have a a truly vivacious personality!    I have been slowly starting to move around after a winter off not doing anything other than laying on my board for my back and reading.      I know if I exert myself I will be in severe pain.    I did a little work on my home addition yesterday for the first time and was careful not to overdo it.     Today I am sore and taking it easy.     I see the Orthopedic Back Surgeon on May 21 for the first time.     I will let you know more as things progress.       Don't worry about covering up that little bit of gray hair Jenny, as you are too young for anyone to mistake you for being old, lol .    mark

Anonymous said...

What a great friend giving you the TV

Anonymous said...

You have been way busy gurl!!! I hate it when someone accuses you of swearing when you havent.
Well come on, spill the beans, did ya? LOLOL
Gaz x