Tuesday 22 May 2007

Blahness

Do you ever have one of those days/weeks where you just think what am I bothering for?

Unfortunately I feel like that today :(  I don't know what is making me feel this way.  I was only telling Trina how positive I was feeling at the weekend and yet here I am just........................well blah!!

Work is hard at the moment as I knew it would be and I figured I would relish in having something to do, which is rare at that place LOL........But it's the same old, same old with that...............

Plus I think the other thing that's wrong is Trina's not at work this week!!  Even though I'm very busy and wouldn't have the time to email her, I still miss her :( 

Oh I don't know perhaps I just need to stop thinking so much........yeah that's probably it!! 

Sorry to be so vague but I'm feeling blah as I've already said and I feel like I'm missing out on something but I don't know what.................

Anyway onwards...................

I have no idea what is being planned for my birthday but I shall be relieved when it finally gets here to find out what's going on!!

@ Jeannette ~ yes he went past me with his back to me, no he wasn't running backwards LOL............he was running in the same direction as I was walking so that's why when he'd gone past and I realised who it was he had his back to me.  If that makes sense!!   If not put it down to my blahness..................

I'm very glad that Katie has decided not to leave us after all :-)  *doing a happy kind of blahhh.........dance* LOL

Anyway was talking to a colleague at work on Monday and they were telling me they had spent part of the weekend on Dartmoor searching for ghosts with some friends who are 'very into' that kind of thing.  They told me this story which I've never heard before and if I ever get a chance I want to go and see it for myself coz I think it's a lovely tale.  I've managed to find it on the web for you guys:

JAY'S GRAVE

 Kitty Jay's wayside grave is situated on the road between Hound Tor and Heatree Cross. It is believed that she committed suicide after becoming pregnant out of wedlock. In keeping with tradition she had to be buried at the nearest crossroads rather than in the consecrated ground of a parish church cemetery.

In 1860, James Bryant, a road mender, discovered bones in a rough grave and it was at first supposed they were that of an animal. When it was discovered they were from a young woman, his wife vaguely remembered a story told to her by her own mother about an orphan girl who hanged herself. The bones were reburied in their present position and to this day fresh flowers appear daily on her grave, creating their own mystery, as nobody knows who does this caring deed.

I think it's amazing that people have held all night vigils and yet still no-one  knows who puts those flowers there.  Whether it's the paranormal or not that's a pretty cool story huh?

I think to cheer myself up and to start educating my journal readers on the benefits of Mr Roger Taylor, here is a classic from Youtube :-)  Man on fire one of Roger's solo efforts and a flippin' good tune.  Enjoy xx

Hope you have a better week than me xx

thanks to ChocolateCherriedCreations for the sig xx  Link over there ------>

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

We all have times when we feel a little flat. Hopefully it'll pass in a day or two, just in time for the weekend. ;O)
B. x

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel Jenny Jen, I get like that sometimes too, was like that last week.  It's no fun when you're there, but it will pass m'dear.

Chuckling at thought of you doing a happy kind of blahhh dance :o)

Wafting happy and positive thoughts your way.
They are rainbow coloured and vanilla scented, just so's you know which ones came from me :o)

Sara   x

Anonymous said...

Feeling bored? Come and join us in the Western Isles of Scotland, never a dull moment here lol

Anonymous said...

I often get feelings of blahness lol, I think we should ask for that word to be included in the dictionary , blah blah blahness. I wonder if people really have spent all night watching and still don't know how the flowers get there or is it one of those urban myth type things

Anonymous said...

We all get blah at times Jenny! Strange story about the flowers on the grave site! You're just going to have to sit there day and night to see who puts them there! I understand now about the man running with his back to you! Lol! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

Ifeel blah alot lately ,not today though the sun shone and I felt  better ,lovely story of the flowers on the grave ,poor Kitty how times have changed ''child out of wedlock '',its a common occurance now ! ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I have had more than my share of blahness recently and am so sorry you are feeling blah as well. I hope the feeling passes. Just think, we have a bank holiday this weekend and hopefully the weather will be nice as well.............Jules xxxxxhttp://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/

Anonymous said...

Jenny....I'd love more then anything to come there and just go around and visit all of the paranormal sites! :o) That interests me! My last house we lived in was haunted and oh boy never a dull moment there! lol :o) I'd love to tell alot about it in my journal, but I never know how anyone would except it! :o) I have pictures too. One day...I just might get up the courage to do it :o)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I feel a bit blah myself! Hope yours soon passes. Have a good week Louise xx

Anonymous said...

Sorry you having a blah week hon. If it's any consolation it's half over. Loved the tale of Jay's grave. That is definitely something I would want to do! (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Keep your chin up. Things will get better soon. I promise you! ;-)
*holds wrist!*

Anonymous said...

You are going to have to show me the Blah dance moves girl!! lol i hope that nasty blah mood as gone and you are feeling ohhhhhhh so good!!! Thank you Jen for your kind comments.love you lots
Katie

Anonymous said...

Hiya girl - having a bit of an off-day, eh?  My remedy for that is a long, hot soak in the bath with a giant-sized bar of chocolate and a nice cold glass of wine, then wrap yourself up in a great big snuggly dressing gown, and pig out on a bowl of strawberries and cream....... and more chocolate!  If that doesn't work nothing will!  lolol!  Lotsa love, Ruby xxx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/rubychalluby/ruby-writes......./

Anonymous said...

We all get like that Jenny dont worry, things will pick up.

Anonymous said...

Yes this week is for me but then I had a doc tell me I need back surgery. I'm exploring other options now.

Hey, your grey kitty on the sidebar was my baby Dusty. That is what he looked like. It is a Nybelung cat! :-)

http://journals.aol.com/psychfun/MeThinksTooMuch/

My New One:

http://journals.aol.com/psychfun/somethingelsetothinkabout/