Monday 28 May 2007

Sad Entry

*PLEASE NOTE THIS ENTRY WILL BE SLIGHTLY TINGED WITH UTTER SADNESS ~ BE PREPARED!!*

Thanks for the comments to the last entry ~ some came a bit too late but the people that said I'm young and should be enjoying myself were so right and here's what I did with my bank holiday weekend :-)

Saturday I got up leisurely, came online and played some games of bejewled (addicted to that I am ;-)  and went to catch the train to Torquay at 12.53pm.  It was about 6/7 minutes late but who cares lol..............Wayne picked me up on his own as Trina was at home making sandwiches, apparently we might go out and therefore we needed food.

When we got to theirs Trina enquired as to where we would like to go whilst we had teas and coffees.  I mentioned the story of Kitty's grave (remember I told you about it last week), well Trina googled it on her phone and we found the location.  Wayne also googled other legends on Dartmoor and found one about a farmer and his dogs (or was it sheep I can't remember??!!)  Well they had been out one night and a witch came along and frightened them and turned them into stone.  This was hound-tor.  So we went to Dartmoor.  I haven't been there since I split with my ex, and I missed going there so I was looking forward to it :-)  We listened to Queen on the way there.

Trina kept mentioning she could see bunnies out by the road but by the time she mentioned them I couldn't see them.  Wayne slowed the car right down, it was very amusing but possibly a little dangerous.  We stopped once we reached Hay-tor.  I had been there before I remember sitting on the rocks eating sandwiches with the ex.  Trina wanted to take a pic of the ponies we had just gone past.

  Awww look at the little one :-)  Ponies Trine ;-)  We had some of our sandwiches and continued on.  We ended up at Widecombe in the moor ~ quaint little place in the middle of nowhere.  We went into one of the gift shops and browsed through all the books to see if it said where Kitty's grave was but nothing.  We had to buy something after that and I brought Trina a snow globe with Dartmoor Ponies in it lol...........(don't worry in~joke kinda thing lol)

Wayne asked in the National Trust place where the grave was and got directions from a woman who Trina says looked at his legs LOL...........He was wearing shorts that day ;-)

So we followed the directions and although the lady said two miles it felt more but eventually we found it.  There were people already looking at it so we waited till they left but had to get out of the car eventually to make them leave .............that sounds bad but that's not what I meant if your following me here!!  So we went and looked and an elderly couple came along at the same time.  They explained the story although we already knew.  It was quite sad to visit it and a strange feeling.

Couldn't tell you which was the fresh flowers placed that day.  The white ones were fake!!  I would love to know why people left money on the stone though!!

Anyway after a while we went back to Hound-tor and clambered over the rocks for quite a long time.  It was such a good laugh and I wish I could show you the pics that we took up there, the view is amazing!!  I could've sat there all day except the wind was a bit cold lol..............Unfortunately all pics you are seeing were taken on Trina's mobile and it won't send me the ones I actually want :(  (sadness part 1)

To make up for it here is one of me, when we stopped to look at the ponies, I stood on a rock and said here I am on the tallest rock LOL

 Tee hee hee

When we decided to leave the tor, Wayne and I ran down the hill, it was so much fun :-)  See I'm a big kid at heart!!

We went back to theirs and had fish and chips for tea.  In the evening we went to the Lime Tree in Paignton to see Morph.  They were good but not as good as I remember!!  The singer is a good singer, just doesn't have a deep enough voice for the songs he sings.  The funniest moment (although we spent most of the evening playing footie with my labels from the bottles of Bud I was drinking ;-)  came when the band mentioned they were going do a bad company song.  I went woohoo but I had my back to them, they looked round and Trina was clapping her hands together like a seal waiting for some fish.  It was so funny but she found it highly embarrassing!! 

The pub seemed like a good one, they were playing some good tunes and even had a Freddie pic hangin on the wall that I couldn't stop staring at all evening!!  Here it is but it's a bad quality pic so I do apologise!!

  That is freddie honestly ;-)  Take it from one who knows LOL

We got back and watched some weird Stephen King film called Cats Eye.  Never heard of it before but very odd!!

Sunday we didn't get up that early but decided we couldn't be bothered to go out and as the weather turned nasty it was probably a wise decision.  We watched some tele and then I suggested a game of Monopoly as they already had it out.  I played the part of the banker (they had the credit card version) and it was so cool :-) We were all bitching at one another and back stabbing.  It was funny.  Wayne won in the end and I came 2nd.

About 4ish we left for Exmouth and to see Cover'd (sadness part 2).  We eventually get to the Phoenix and can hear them playing so we are freaking out thinking we are late, and can't find anywhere to park arrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhh.  We do at one point but it's miles away from the pub :(  Luckily though the band had only been doing a warm up so we hadn't missed anything.  The pub was busy and we couldn't get near the stage or even see a thing, unless I stood on tiptoes, but I was determined to have a good time.

The band were on fine form but they kept saying it was their last gig at the phoenix ??  Why we asked ourselves.................so I asked the singer during the break.  They are splitting up :(  MAJOR SADNESS ~ We finally find a band worth following in the southwest and have only known them for 6 months and this was their last gig apart from one on July 6th which we have to pay to go to!!  Imagine if we had missed this one ~ how gutted would we have been??  Doesn't bear thinking about!!

  R.I.P Cover'd :(

They played 3 sets in all and all the good songs it was such a blast!!  What annoys me the most is when people wanna stand in front of you and they just stand there and don't move.  Well that was happening to us pretty much all night grrrrrr........ Until they played Basket Case.  A couple of the people who we see at pretty much all the gigs were jumping up and down and made me join in with them, so I got Trina and Wayne to do it too, it was so much fun :-)  Then the people in front started moving LOL............They realised they were clearly missing out on something.

One of the guys from Morph was there and joined the band on stage for Gay bar.  Some bloke came on stage for two Bad Company songs :-)  and the guitarist we saw at Xmas joined them on stage at some point too.  It was such a good gig and I wish I could describe it so much better for you to understand how good it was.

All I can say though that last night when I got home my ears were ringing so much but I was so happy.  Cover'd will be sorely missed and I just hope we can find a band to replace them with!!

Today my neck hurts but I haven't really done anything, watched some TV and tried to read some alerts ~ I'm behind again hey, ho!!

Well that's it my weekend ~ tinged with sadness but a blimin' good one none the less ;-)

Thanks to Shelly aka Roxymama for my sig xx link that way people ------>

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trina's moby takes good picci's. aww for the ponies.

Jen you're a card :) fun to read and fun to be with.  Have a really good week. Rache

Anonymous said...

Wicked fun post to read! You had an excellent weekend , I would say! I know what you mean by people not moving to the music. Makes you wonder if they know how to enjoy the music. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Your photo on the rock in the pasture is great.     I like the ponies also.     mark

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great time and the awful weather didnt spoil things for you  Have a good week Louise xx

Anonymous said...

What a great weekend and so packed full, shame about the sad bits but at least you got to see the band before the split (maybe it's just a publicity thing)

Anonymous said...

Sorry Cover'd are splitting up. now you'll have to start looking for a good group again to follow! I love Dartmoor, I remember many happy holidays spent up on the tors. My friend lived in Bovey Tracey for many years. I loved Widecombe too, I spent a couple of weeks touring round Dartmoor in a mobile home when I was married. Sounds like you had a good weekend. Have a good one at work! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

You party animal, you. Shame about the band though.
B. x

Anonymous said...

Well that isn't a good thing that they are breaking up. ;o( So sorry to hear that. It does sound like you did have a good weekend though. :o)
Hugs to you hon! xxx
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I liked the grave visit best ,and thanks for the picture and telling us the story ,great entry Jen love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a good weekend even with the weather not co-operating very much. Dartmoor sounds like my kind of place. Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

Loved the story of Kitty, was the money put there for luck maybe.  I am sorry your band is splitting its so sad when that happens and when they are good its a travisty.I hope you find another band worth following. You never know with both bands knowing each other you might find some of your band members hop over to Morph. Anything could happen.
love and hugs
Katie
xx

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time Jenny ~ well it sounded like you all had a fun day ~ loved your pictures ~ especially the one of you standing on those rocks ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, kitty, that rings a bell, mail me and I will tell all!
Gaz ;-)