Wednesday 14 February 2007

Sick Days

Hey everyone xx  Thanks for the kind-off-i-told-you-so comments on the last entry :P  You'll all be glad to know that I've had two days off work sick!!  I'm actually feeling much better today but I thought oh, stuff it let's stay off another day ~ we've got no work to do anyway!!

Because I've been off and the brain hasn't been working (no funny comments please) I don't know that I've got a lot to ramble on about.......

Today I've been playing quite a lot of online games and trying to catch up on the journal alerts.  I did manage to beat my top score on Hexxagon and am now in the line for trophy's woohoo :-)  Time well spent!!

From a discussion I've had at work a few weeks ago I've tried to find out more about the London Underground but haven't been very successful!!  It's hard to find out how it started....Many years ago is the best answer I can come up with LOL.....

The party entry shall come soon but I started writing it on Monday at work (again time well spent!!) Hopefully I shall have it written by the end of the week ;-)  If not I shall just make it up and post it on Sunday.  Talking of parties ~ I spent the afternoon chatting to my Queenie mates over the emails.  It was a good laugh.  I'm unable to do that at work!!  (once had a disciplinary about emails ~ not going back there!!)

There are two things I hate the most about being off work and they are a) having to ring in to tell 'em your sick!!  It annoys me coz you have to get up early and do it when all you really wanna do is lie in bed and get better.  and b) going back!!  I know it's gonna be a boring two days but I have to go back.  Plus I have to post my application form for the other job tomorrow ~ praying that if it arrives on Friday they will still accept it *prays*

Had to laugh earlier ~ I did one of those email quizzy things, you know when you have to write so many numbers down and fill in the blanks with names, numbers and colours etc......then they tell you what it all means!!  Well I filled mine in and Roger came out as a relationship that can't work LOL............It's only taken me what 20 years to realise that ROFLMAO  I picked the song Breakout for one of the answers and apparently this is how I feel about life LOL...........Oh dear!!

I'm not mentioning valentines day *bah humbug* is how I feel about that!!  Not just coz I'm single :P

Rung my mum earlier ~ going up to see them at the weekend.  Should be a good laugh!!  Have no money but we'll still eat out somewhere coz that's what we do :-)

Something else happened this week but I'll tell you about that at a later date coz I don't wanna write it here in case mum read's it and I wanna tell her in person to be honest!! 

Does anyone know the song 'The Devil Went Down To Georgia'?  I've just downloaded it coz they keep playing it everytime we go to Ejays and Trina said I should!!

Ooooo talking of Trina, Shelly aka Roxymama has been making a valentines day quilt and I thought I should add something even though I have nothing to say............reading some of the others though inspired me to write this: 

Thanks Shelly for the graphic it's cool :-)

Have you been watching the Brits?  Nah, me neither!!  Load of rubbish!! 

Ooooo look out for the Bad Mothers Handbook (starring Catherine Tate ~ I'm sure that's what it's called) advert they are showing on ITV1 ~ the end song is one of my faves from the Foo's accoustic album 'On The Mend' it's called.  Freaked me out the first time I heard that!!

Well I reckon I've droned on enough ~ knew I could lol............I have to get to bed and mentally prepare myself for facing work again!!  Arrrrrrrrggggggggghhh........................

Bye for now xx

Thanks to Chocolate Cherried Creations for my graphic xx  Very apt for today lol

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Devil went down to Georgia .... Charlie Daniels! Love it! About the London underground, it was the first underground railway in the world and opened in 1863! I used to work on the railways when I left school in the 60's! I hope you feel better soon! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

First part of the Underground was opened in 1863 and was built by digging a trench installing the railway and than covering it over again. Later lines were built by conventional tunneling and thats how the name Tube came about. Yes I am sad knowing this!
Andy
http://journals.aol.co.uk/andrewfrnd/life

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear you've been ill...glad you're feeling better now...going back to work after being off for a little while is horrible! At least it's nearly the weekend though!

Amy ~X~

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better after several days off.     Also that your application form arrives on Friday.     Have a good time at your parents with a good laugh and no money.     Enjoy the dinner with them.     Shelly aka Roxymama gave you a good graphic idea for the Valentines Day quilt which Trina will be honored that you thought of her.     mark

Anonymous said...

LOL i really enjoyed that entry Jen - and Im intrigued to know what else happened!!!!! mind boggles!!! yes horrible going back to work after being off you feel like everyone looking at you when you first go in!!  I really want to see the catherine tate programme - when is it on? Love Laine xxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/elainey2465/art-degree/

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you have to go back to work now you are better its a bummer. Hope the job aplication goes well.I like Hexalot too but have not played on line as I have the complete game where I am stuck as usual.  Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

I love the little head banger dude at the top of your page lol, hope you feel better soon
love and hugs
katie

Anonymous said...

Jen glad you are feeling better ~ Isn't it horrible going back to work after being off sick ~ wish you luck with the job application ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling perkier, hope the rest has done you good too xx

Anonymous said...

Hooray, you're feeling better. Boo, you gotta go back to work.
Fingers crossed for the new job. B. x

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you were not feeling well..hope your all better!  This entry IS cute though. : )  Love ya, Shelly

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're feeling better hon, though sorry that you gotta go back to work :o(  Meh.  
:o)
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling mucho better by now.  Going back to work's rubbish.  I'm back on Monday and could weep at the thought of it!
Hugs,
A xxx

Anonymous said...

Oh Jen I do hope you are feeling better now ,I wouldnt go back to work ,till Monday now ,enjoy your time at the week end with your family ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I hope your feeling better by now hon (Hugs). Please do come back and tell us what you where going to......Patience is not one of my virtues LOL!! Love Ya Indigo

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better now...Have a great weekend  Louise x

Anonymous said...

I hope all went well at work.

Old John.