Wednesday 3 January 2007

Ugh

Hiya Peeps - before I write my proper entry go and click on this link and read about how fabby Queen are click me - when I read that I just thought 'As it should be' *smug grin* tee hee hee....................My boys done good :-)

So reading the journals and listening to people talk about New Year's it would appear not many people ventured out and about.  I guess it probably had something to do with the weather but it didn't stop us from going out.  I went round to Trina's early in the morning and we didn't really do anything notable during the day.  She got her cat back from the vets so it was mostly about him for the majority of the morning.  We watched Ice Age 2 (good film, not as good as the first though in my opinion!!)  Then they attempted to take part in my quiz but pretty much failed miserably.  Trina was guessing the whole time and eventually Wayne got the answers from Trina's guesses lol.......................

We had something to eat (wasn't all that hungry but had to eat something!!)  then we got ready to go out.  The taxi arrived at 6.30pm to take us to Ejays.  (I know that's fairly early but it was either that or walk!!)  When we got there it looked closed but we ventured in and found we were the only customers.  Told the work staff we were there for the night and talked about the fancy dress notice on the door.  Apparently it was Little Britain theme night but we hadn't been informed lol.........we were told that wasn't going to be very strict though, the DJ was dressed as Scooby Doo for instance.

It wasn't until about 7pm that more people turned up.  A few people walked in, had a drink and left again.  By about 8.30pm it was getting a bit busier.  I was drinking Bud pretty much most of the night.  We were given a shot of toffee vodka for free each, that was quite nice.  I was a bit dubious about a shot of anything but when I heard it was Vodka ;-)  Well it would've been rude to refuse!!

Much later after she had been talking about it all night, Trina brought two shots of Tequila.  I was like what's that?  So she told me, and I flatly refused to drink it!!  I've never had it before and I'm always dubious about drink I've never experienced.  I'm fussy about my drink coz I don't like the taste of most things so I made a huge fuss about drinking it.  After much peer pressure I gulped it down!!  Ugh.............it was disgusting but it certainly got me a lot merrier than I wanted to be!!

The fancy dress was fab, so many different characters!!  We were relieved when someone walked in wearing normal clothes lol.............The music wasn't up to much but it was to be expected.  Eventually I got Trina to request a Queen track so they played We Will Rock You, quickly cut off by Take That ugh!!

At one point the DJ said that it was snowing outside and being fairly merry it flippin' well looked like it was.  We had to send Wayne outside to check it wasn't real.  It was clever really they had a foam machine sending down droplets that looked like snow.  It was cool.

The countdown eventually came and hugs and wishes of a happy new year went round.  This bloke who had been looking at me for most of the night came over and hugged me!!  More Queen was played as Trina requested more put said she would put some cash in the tin for the charity they were collecting for.  They played Don't Stop Me Now, Fat Bottomed Girls, Bohemian Rhapsody, I Want To Break Free and A Kind of Magic.  By Kind of Magic came on I felt awful, I had the most horrible headache and very tired.  We decided to leave after that.  It was the first time I've not danced to a Queen track :(  Didn't like that!!

On our way to the taxi rank Wayne went to get some food.  Trina and I stood in the shop doorway and this bloke came over to us and said happy new year and then muttered something.  All we understood was recovered earlier that day.  Couldn't tell you what he had recovered from though.  Trina's face as he walked away was so funny!! 

We eventually got a taxi after having to queue for quite a while but there was stewards there so it didn't get ugly but it was SO COLD!!  We were lucky though coz half way back it started pelting down with rain.  We made the right choice to leave then.

When I went to bed my head was still killing me so I took some paracetomol as I hadn't drunk anything for ages and the next morning when I woke up I felt fine.

Trina and Wayne brought me home and then played my Guitar Hero game.  I hate Wayne, with no practicing he is much better than me ~ surely that can't be right!!  We both laughed at Trina though bless her..................................

So that was my new years not bad by all accounts and I'm glad I didn't stay in to be honest!!

So onto other news....................not only has my computer broken down (I'm using my old one), but the washing machine has now too!!  Hang on a minute these things tend to come in three's ~ oh christ what's gonna be next??!!  Panic panic panic......................So I now have to ring the landlord ~ marvellous!!  NOT!!  I can't believe this year...................................At least team leader has marked my birthday off on her calendar for me to have leave WOOHOO.........I am not working on my birthday this year, I don't care if my co-workers will be there this year or not!!  LOL

I did take a couple of pics of me dressed up at new years *shock horror* but I will have to share these with you at a later date.  My brother is supposed to be coming round on Sunday to fix the computer so fingers crossed peeps.

This is turning into a long entry so I shall leave you here............

Thanks Shelly for this sig ~ it's the best xx

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Should've trusted your instincts and left the tequila alone but at least you still managed to have a good time. Happy new year. B. x

Anonymous said...

REALLY ENJOYED YOUR ENTRY WITH ALL YOUR NEWS ABOUT THE NEW YEAR GREAT TO KNOW THERE WERE SOMEPEOPLE OUT AND ABOUT. LOVE JOAN

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good time Jenny! Probably the tequila that gave you the headache, that's the only thing I used to drink but I don't drink at all now! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

WOW THAT WAS THE LONGEST ENTRY EVER LOL

Anonymous said...

Im abit like you ,Idont drink at all now so get merry very quickly ,Ibet the tequila gave you a head ache ,its bad to mix drinks too ,pleased you all had fun and finally got a taxi home ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a good time ~ the fancy dress sounded like fun ~ glad you got to see the new year in sorry about the headache hope you are feeling better now ~ Happy New Year ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great new year.  It's been aaaaages since I spent it in a pub!!  Wanting some tequila now.....I loves it!
Hope you get your computer sorted out soon.  Total pain in the posterior when they go wonky.
Hugs,
A xxx

Anonymous said...

Toffee Vodka??? never heard of that one, amazing how they come up with the names.  I need a foam machine if we don't have any snow:)  Sounds a great time Jen.  Hope the pc gets fixed soon. Rache

Anonymous said...

Ah, a fellow vodka fan :o)
Sounds like a good night out to me, New Years usually is when you go out isn't it, everyone happy and cheery :o)  Glad you enjoyed yourself.
Well done Queen!!!!!
Sara   x